How many games do you expect to play before you reach your true Elo?

< 10 Games 180 1.63%
11-40 Games 819 7.41%
41-80 Games 1,162 10.51%
81-120 Games 1,738 15.73%
121-160 Games 665 6.02%
161-200 Games 929 8.41%
200-399 Games 1,703 15.41%
400-599 Games 1,088 9.85%
600-799 Games 457 4.14%
800-999 Games 170 1.54%
1000+ Games 2,140 19.36%
Voters: 11051. You may not vote on this poll

Help Riot improve matchmaking! Looking for examples of bad matchmaking

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarg338

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
My concern is if players know that Elo points are distributed onto AFK/leavers, that a portion of players will rage and be extremely toxic with the intention of making someone quit to take the brunt of the Elo loss.
True. Another question, that I really still have, is what constitutes being AFK? I can move, talk, and use skills very frequently while just running around. An easy loophole to a system like that.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko Hakoo View Post
I would play ranked again if there was a new queue for people who only play solo.
THIS! God**** THIS!!

The worst situations I've ever seen is when the duos don't know a lick of english, meaning I have no idea what the hell they're saying. It's always "something something Galio something something something"

It's only after the enemies are whacking at the Nexus that someone else who knew spanish told me they were asking me to cover mid because the one at mid lane was getting bored playing AP mid.

And this is RANKED.

Top Dog

02-15-2012

remove duo qeue

DoughnutLad

02-15-2012

Removing duo queue would be a gigantic mistake. If there was no duo queue I would've quit this game ages ago.

Also, making a separate queue for solo players would make duo queing impossible, obviously, because you can't have 2 players + 2 players + 1 player if all the solo queue people are in a separate queue, meaning no games could start in the duo queue.

Freudia

02-15-2012

The entry point of 1200 into Ranked is too high. If 1250 is supposed to be the top 25% of players, why is everyone starting at around the top 30-25% mark? Why are they not starting farther down? So what, the top 1% of people can reach the 1800-1900 area quicker?

Dumpster Dan

Recruiter

02-15-2012

Switch the starting area, I am in 1275 elo range most of the time and I get queued with people with less then 100 games who probably used experience boost to get there, and still have no clue what they are doing. So there are almost no good games since there is a 1 in 9 chance that someone will not be ready for ranked.\

I would attach screenshots but I don't play ranked anymore due to normals having closer games then my ranked,
DeadCow9497 is me summoner name just in case.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

02-15-2012
11 of 173 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg338 View Post
One other suggestion I can submit is that you could make Duo Queue only possible if, say, the 2 people Duo Queueing are 50 Elo or so away from each other both ways (That way, you don't have a 1300 duo queueing with a 1700).

Has there been any discussion in the office about implementing something like this?
This is an idea; however, I want to avoid telling friends they cannot play together. I would like to push for a solution where friends with greatly different Elos can still play together, but we allow the matchmaker to give them a fairer match -- perhaps with the cost of some longer queue times.

kidco

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughnutLad View Post
Removing duo queue would be a gigantic mistake. If there was no duo queue I would've quit this game ages ago.

Also, making a separate queue for solo players would make duo queing impossible, obviously, because you can't have 2 players + 2 players + 1 player if all the solo queue people are in a separate queue, meaning no games could start in the duo queue.
just remove it for ranked. it's really unfair some of the top players are duo queing their way to the top while solo ques will struggle more ok?

Ginga

Recruiter

02-15-2012

Quote:
My concern is if players know that Elo points are distributed onto AFK/leavers, that a portion of players will rage and be extremely toxic with the intention of making someone quit to take the brunt of the Elo loss.
I hear this all the time when I suggest it. But isn't it obvious enough already? The ragers who are trying to get a person to leave/AFK will get REPORTED for Verbal Abuse. They get banned, and now we have 4 less ragers. It's a win win situation.

It might be ugly at the start, but it'll eventually smooth itself out.

There will be new players who will try to abuse it like this, and they will get reported, and BANNED for verbal abuse. It's an overall win for the entire community.

Either that, or help us avoid wasting 20 minutes in an obviously lost game. I dare anyone try to win a game where their allied Anivia tries to get you killed with her Wall all game long.

kidco

02-15-2012

Quote:
I'm very curious about this. For people with multiple accounts that have played Ranked matches, please send me your Summoner Names and your current Elos on the accounts so I can see if the accounts landed at very different Elo ranges after placement matches.
not me but one of my friends has a smurf at 1900s while his main is 1600s.