How many games do you expect to play before you reach your true Elo?

< 10 Games 180 1.63%
11-40 Games 819 7.41%
41-80 Games 1,162 10.52%
81-120 Games 1,738 15.73%
121-160 Games 665 6.02%
161-200 Games 929 8.41%
200-399 Games 1,703 15.41%
400-599 Games 1,087 9.84%
600-799 Games 457 4.14%
800-999 Games 170 1.54%
1000+ Games 2,140 19.37%
Voters: 11050. You may not vote on this poll

Help Riot improve matchmaking! Looking for examples of bad matchmaking

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FoeFox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

my god i'm so glad this is happening. i've lost over 140 elo in the past 3 days because of noob players either duo queing with someone or locking as an ad carry and feeding bottom to ****. good lord I hope this goes out soon.

Okabe1 048596

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornerPocket View Post
I think you missed my point. It's not individual KDA, but team KDA. If the winning team wins like 40/12/65 then the winning team is clearly much higher ELO than the other team. That way the supports and tanks don't get shafted on the KDA. Also, since KDA is not always indicative of how close a game is, it does not affect normal ELO gains/losses. You can't ever get less than the normal amount of ELO gained or more than the normal amount of ELO lost. KDA just might give you a bit of a bonus if you win or remove a bit of the sting if you lose.
the idea of what you're saying isn't terrible, but two teams of equal skill level could easily end with that huge of a difference in kills. a lucky first blood, a heavy mistake early game.

TSM vs M5 the first time they played against each other:
Game 1- M5 grabbed an early advantage and demolished the rest of the game
Game 2- TSM grabbed an early advantage and demolished the rest of the game

if M5 were a solo queue team drastically ahead of TSM, another random solo queue team, it wouldn't make sense for TSM to come back and demolish the next game.

KDAs like 40-13 just mean the game happened to snowball in one side's favor.

Dino Spumoni

02-17-2012

I don't have screen shots but i do have a lol replay of my team with 2 sub 30s getting matched against 5 30s 1 of which was lessermousedeer who is 2057 elo. Almost won too but he carried way too hard.

teddyroh

02-17-2012

I qued for a normal game and I went against a level 30 with 1200 games played and I am level 10. I had to play against him top lane 1v1 with no runes or masteries close to his. GG.

I won but still, it's really not fair.

Lame One

02-17-2012

This is just my two cents, but has Riot ever considered ELO on a per-champion basis? I realize that one of the problems with ELO is that you might be an excellent Leona player (*expects an Iron Stylus post in this thread soon*), but a terrible Twisted Fate player. Having a separate ELO for each champ would certainly solve this issue. In this example, Leona might be playing with other 1800's, while Twisted Fate is kept down to the 700 area.

In addition to this, a champion ELO would let players play ranked with champions they enjoy but might not be great with. Personally, I like to use rank to determine my skill level (Although I'll admit it is incredibly bad right now. Gotta love trying to support during placements), so it'd be nice to see that I'm a 1500 Irelia player, or even that I'm a 800 Graves player. Seeing a quantitative indicator of my skill with a champ is, in my opinion, fairly beneficial.

Server load might be an issue, but it seems to me that it could be as simple as a list of integers tacked onto each player. Then again, I'm not going to pretend I know how ELO works in its entirety.

Again, just a little idea that I figured was worth contributing.

Direthought

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

I think the reason you do have such a problem with the ELO system is the base start ELO of lvl 30 summoners.
When I hit 30 I was in the 1100-1200 range. I admit I needed to maybe be in the 1050 range, but I got better and kept the rating through season 1. When season 2 began I could not get past 1100 because all of the players were being started in the same range.
Now, in the sub 1400's, I still encounter players with very little grasp on the overall "tournament" style of play. I understand there will be people who are willing to lose just to see others suffer, but I am not speaking of these individuals.
I would ask you place a cap at which a lvl 30 can be placed due to their initial 10 games. Maybe give them the ability to be 0-1000 Elo. Not higher.

Fluff the Panda

02-17-2012

I will only complain about this.

People in 1600 and 1700 playing like 1200's. That's the only complaint about match making I have in ranked games.

Fluff the Panda

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direthought View Post
I think the reason you do have such a problem with the ELO system is the base start ELO of lvl 30 summoners.
When I hit 30 I was in the 1100-1200 range. I admit I needed to maybe be in the 1050 range, but I got better and kept the rating through season 1. When season 2 began I could not get past 1100 because all of the players were being started in the same range.
Now, in the sub 1400's, I still encounter players with very little grasp on the overall "tournament" style of play. I understand there will be people who are willing to lose just to see others suffer, but I am not speaking of these individuals.
I would ask you place a cap at which a lvl 30 can be placed due to their initial 10 games. Maybe give them the ability to be 0-1000 Elo. Not higher.
Except that won't work

kidco

02-17-2012

if anything duo needs to be removed. it's infuriating how last game the other team duoed and troll banned then picked rammus, shen, and morgana all op chars cuz they troll banned and then my team lost morale instantly and bot lane trolled kennen support and then our ezreal took tope lane with yorick instead, and it was an insta loss. This is the kind of abuse i hate, cuz duo gets first pick most times and there's abuse there.

I also hate how ad carries and support mains can abuse the system to duo and win more games than most other players this is why a lot of ad carries and supports have high elo, cuz they can duo coordinately easily and that seriously pisses me off.

Everything about this game actually pisses me off. solo que is so messed up you get lucky sometimes other times not lucky at all. This game is broken, ranked is broken, everything is broken.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

02-17-2012
57 of 173 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadoweprinz View Post
are we allowed to submit league replays to you guys

just had a game where our ap and ad carry were braindead the whole game, realized they only had 10 ranked wins at the end of the game

taking a screenshot did not justify how bad these players were, and the fact that i got TWO horribly unexperienced players on the same team in the same game pretty much sealed the defeat, not to mention the fact that they took both the carry positions....
I would prefer screenshots, as I cannot feasibly watch that many replays; with screenshots, I can dig into the games' data and get the details I need.