How many games do you expect to play before you reach your true Elo?

< 10 Games 180 1.63%
11-40 Games 819 7.42%
41-80 Games 1,162 10.52%
81-120 Games 1,737 15.73%
121-160 Games 664 6.01%
161-200 Games 929 8.41%
200-399 Games 1,703 15.42%
400-599 Games 1,085 9.82%
600-799 Games 456 4.13%
800-999 Games 170 1.54%
1000+ Games 2,139 19.37%
Voters: 11044. You may not vote on this poll

Help Riot improve matchmaking! Looking for examples of bad matchmaking

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cornfused

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

How are the longer queues to match like-players going to affect the Accept/Decline button when a match is found? It isn't uncommon that I'll see several (and sometimes back-to-back-to-back) matchmaking failures due to AFK on Accept/Decline button.

WIth people ADHD'ing to Youtube during the 15 seconds to find a match (Youtube), how prevalent will it be for people going AFK to get a drink, pee, more Youtube, etc. during longer (minutes) queues? How does the system handle finding replacements to those that AFK?

GhostRidah

11-13-2012

Please riot improve the quality of the matching system because i dont enjoy playing norms or ranked ...

the matches arent that good some people doesnt even understand the basic of this game ..

You should match people with the same amount of wins that could help maybe

GhostRidah

11-15-2012

The quality of games with this matching system is below mediocre 70% of the time

Slitty

11-19-2012

I believe the downfall of having ranked is the match ups. I get ranked with people that have no rank at all, which is ok. If it's maybe 1, but I get matched with 3, then they feed or just disconnect and what do I do? You can't support a team that leaves because they feed. My rank is terrible but I have 17-3 games all the time. I feel as if I don't FULLY Do everything, we will lose. Give forgiveness loses, they are something that's a need when you get 2 people leaving in a game and you can't do anything about it.

xTc Blue

11-26-2012

Okay so, here's how you fix this mess that's called ranked.

1. Make 1k Elo the lowest you can drop to.
2. When the season starts, start everyone at 0 Elo and make them climb up.
3. Create role buttons so you don't have people fighting. First come first serve, if you don't like it be able to boot the player out if three/four people agree. Make the duo able to be kicked by 3 players instead of 4.
4. Make the high ranked players not lose as much Elo when playing with a lower Elo player. This discourages friends playing with each other & last time I checked this is what you want players too do. (Makes you more money if you make it easier for friends to play with friends.)
5. Give the losing team more ip based on how they do. KDR is good, give them bonus, assist to death ratio is good give them bonus. I see too many people that don't care about feeding when they think there going to lose, making it impossible to come back. If you give people a motive to not die even though they think they might lose, people wouldn't get pissed off nearly as easily.
6. Create automated tournaments for elo brackets. Giving huge boosts to players who do we'll in games. Make it cost 100 ip to enter(and level 30) with a minimum of 60 champions unlocked. Give big Elo boosts for teams and solo/duo. Will make the game heavily competitive and make serious players enjoy themselves even more.

I wrote this in five minutes with just some quick points I could bring up. If I said something that wasn't right please correct me.

Thanks guys, hope you're all having a good day.
-alexqt

12-13-2012

There Needs to be someway to make elo based slightly off skill instead of wins. It would be nice to get ahead in elo even if you lose for doing the best in games. Instead good players are put with people that aren't as good, the less experienced players don't benefit from that, they aren't learning anything because they are getting carried to higher elo regardless of skill. I'm frustrated with matchmaking when people with 2 ranked games that just turned level 30 are playing in games with people at 1300 elo and 500+ games. I think matchmaking would be improved if you're stuck in teams and put against teams that have similar skill levels as you. You could even base it off of the stats system you already have like damage dealt/cs/kills and other things like how much a healing support heals in a certain amount of time or how many times someone successfully ganks etc.. Besides this way it would motivate people to play better every game and try harder. Even if you are losing you have the possibility to make some elo or at least not lose as much elo as you would and you probably wouldn't give up and surrender as often. I'm dieing here doing the best in some way be it damage dealt, KD, or what have you in most games and losing about 1/2 the time. Staying at the same elo because I can't do everything for my team, I'm sure a lot of players can relate to this. Thanks for reading I can't think of anything else to say please let me know what you think.

Raptamei

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by court et doux View Post
Okay so, here's how you fix this mess that's called ranked.

1. Make 1k Elo the lowest you can drop to.
2. When the season starts, start everyone at 0 Elo and make them climb up.
3. Create role buttons so you don't have people fighting. First come first serve, if you don't like it be able to boot the player out if three/four people agree. Make the duo able to be kicked by 3 players instead of 4.
4. Make the high ranked players not lose as much Elo when playing with a lower Elo player. This discourages friends playing with each other & last time I checked this is what you want players too do. (Makes you more money if you make it easier for friends to play with friends.)
5. Give the losing team more ip based on how they do. KDR is good, give them bonus, assist to death ratio is good give them bonus. I see too many people that don't care about feeding when they think there going to lose, making it impossible to come back. If you give people a motive to not die even though they think they might lose, people wouldn't get pissed off nearly as easily.
6. Create automated tournaments for elo brackets. Giving huge boosts to players who do we'll in games. Make it cost 100 ip to enter(and level 30) with a minimum of 60 champions unlocked. Give big Elo boosts for teams and solo/duo. Will make the game heavily competitive and make serious players enjoy themselves even more.
2. This would achieve nothing that could not be achieved by preventing players from falling down from 1200 elo. It would also cause average players to get matched with complete noobs, which sucks for both the average players (free loss) and the noobs (getting flamed the entire game).

3. Agreed on the role queue, but booting players would be used to either dodge for free after getting counterpicked by making someone else swallow the penalty (if the match is disbanded) or to kick the guy who got counterpicked and bring in another player who can then counterpick in turn (if the match is not disbanded).

5. Punishes champions that don't hit many enemies at once (Poppy, Pantheon) and rewards champions with big AoEs (Galio, Janna). Compare their K+A/D rate on any stats site.

Gh0stRidah

12-13-2012

I think the major problem of this game is the matching system.

probably 95% of all heroes are viable now and it's pretty balanced in the game but the matching system is the main issue.

It makes this game kinda boring cause its either a 1 side game sometimes or it's just completely too easy ...

TSM Bjerkoffsen

12-15-2012

PWNZORE
Ranked
Summoner's Rift
Solo'ing
Not below lvl 30
Was 6/1 ranked prior to this game.
A first time ranked Vayne. First time, as in, EVER
A Shyvana that wanted to go mid lane, and only switched to jungle after everyone threatened to report her.
A support that didn't know where to place wards or why she couldn't place more than 3 at a time with the sightstone.
And last but not least, the cream of the crop, a Lee Sin who chose to go top against a teemo, because "Lee sin is blind and isn't affected by teemos blinding dart noob".

No screenshot of score because this happened a few days ago and I set a letter to Riot wondering how the **** this happened

Fuzen kuden

12-15-2012

if you want guys to reach there true elo let there be a five man que option