Why put 2 bottom?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaoticAsylim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

On summoner's rift, the idea is to put two champions bottom to help with dragon control, but on TT the most logical thing would be to put 2 top for the same reason. Is there another reason to put 2 people bottom that I am missing? Besides "that's just how it is"

Sam

02-15-2012

It's actually not "how it is" actually you need a jungler. Jungler wins games! Even if one of your lanes are owned up. Jungle can take objectives and gank frequently.

Terjulmar

02-15-2012

Yet when you play normals, It really seems to be "how it is"

the only reason I can think of is not the duo bot mentality from SR, but rather the solo top tank mentality. Because most times I play, it's 2 relatively squishies bot and 1 tankier champ top

I have the same confusion... It makes more sense for there to be 2 top. ganks on bot are easier to escape due to a smaller lane and more entrances.

this is assuming you don't have a jungler.... but it's difficult convincing people to let you jungle without them hating you.

Yacobus

02-15-2012

but someone shud jungle that is exactly what wins games and make champions like shaco and lee sin so strong on TT because thy can jungle with relative ease

good job chimpy

02-15-2012

i read somewhere that the 1 top two bot mentality is from the "wild west" days of TT and it just has yet to change "officially" in normal games, also thats the reason why most people go and "gank" that bottom bush

18X Jake

02-16-2012

I think 2 top would be good on 3v3s. Even if the other team has a jungler you can still outharass the enemy laner and have the advantage in a 2v2 fight.

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2012

You can try to "force" the meta change in any given game, but you'll probably spend a decent amount of time just having a 2v1 advantage on top and 2v1 handicap on bottom.

As stated, I've found that you're best having 1 top, 1 bottom, and 1 roamer/jungle. If they insist on keeping 2 bottom you'll need your roamer to provide regular pressure relief to bottom, but between him and your top you should have jungle control then, and an experience advantage in all lanes.

Realyst

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luego View Post
You can try to "force" the meta change in any given game, but you'll probably spend a decent amount of time just having a 2v1 advantage on top and 2v1 handicap on bottom.

As stated, I've found that you're best having 1 top, 1 bottom, and 1 roamer/jungle. If they insist on keeping 2 bottom you'll need your roamer to provide regular pressure relief to bottom, but between him and your top you should have jungle control then, and an experience advantage in all lanes.
Pretty much this. Normal games queuers will be normal game queuers; just pick a jungler and annouce you want them to play a top and solo bot champ, and tell them you will be ganking lanes. Once the game starts have them follow you to the closest minion camp and wait. 9/10 the enemy follows into your camp looking for a free kill on top lane, and its a free firstblood for your team on the guy who wanders in first. Game is all downhill from there with your jungle control advantage. The solo queuers can play as bad as they want from there but you will be fed for sure.

Obscurite

02-16-2012

I'd like to know exactly what kind of teams ur getting away with jungling against on tt cause u shouldn't if they r decent. Personally I think 1 top 2 bot or the reverse is immaterial unless ur facing a jungler and then it's better to have 2 top. But as for jungling winning games....only v weak teams the jungles r easyily warded and controlled most good bot lane combos will crush a single bot lane if left alone and that's exactly whats going to happen while ur jungler is off buffing top assuming he checked for wards and I haven't killed the poor fool or ran him off. I'm not saying jungling isn't worth while or possible but only for a few select chars ww shaco extra with ward control and a strong laner bot or top how ever ur working it v the 2.

As for making it the normal like some fool at riot seems to think it is not going to happen with so few chars being able to jungle well on tt's current map...can't say I like that personally. And if it does I'll be laughing my ass off as I kill junglers. ^_^

I Smell Scrub

02-17-2012

alot of the times im playing the opp team has 3 bot, my team is 2 bot and 1 (me) top