Mordekaiser!

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

r0b1nk0

02-15-2012

I have taken some love to mordekaiser in the last few days, and I'm not doing very well with him as an AP mid.
I get a positive score, but I don't have a solid game plan.
I'd like to ask some of the pros to share their skills and strats along with their build.
And yes I have looked up builds on Mobafire and such, I just want somebody to tell me a few tips when playing morde.

Giltia Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

Basically, there is no way to do well with Mordekaiser.

As unfortunate as it is, Morde has nothing to his name that really benefits his team besides melee range magic damage.

Constant nerfs to spellvamp have only cemented his status as unusable.

At this point, the only champions worse than him are the irredeemables such as Katarina and Evelynn.

LeviathanUnbound

02-15-2012

I haven't played Mordekaiser in a long time but I used to main him quite a while ago. Not sure if it still works as well but I built him more of the tanky side. I started off with a regrowth pendant and you will want to be going for a force of nature asap, getting mercs treads as movement speed is needed against your opponent in mid. If your opponent is dealing a lot of magic damage rush the negatron cloak in your force of nature build, otherwise prioritize the two regrowth pendants. Once you have force of nature you should have no issue with the health costs as long as you keep your shield up. The next two items you want will be frozen mallet and then rylais, the order doesn't really matter but that is what I preferred. From this point you should be getting items depending on the situation and what you want, a hextech gunblade and deathcap should be nice if you want more damage, or you could go for more tanky items.

So basic build is:
- Regrowth Pendant
- Force of Nature
- Merc Treads
- Frozen Mallet
- Rylais

In terms of levelling your abilities I liked to level my abilities equally, following a pattern of E,W,Q and of course getting your ultimate whenever available.

For summoner spells, I find that ignite is pretty essential as if you can cast it simultaneously with your ultimate to make it a lot easier to kill off the enemy. Others I recommend are exhaust to make up for your lack of cc before getting frozen mallet and rylais, flash and ghost.

When laning in mid spam your abilities as much as possible (as long as the health costs aren't killing yourself of course) and focus on hitting as many minions as possible with your abilities to get the maximum shield possible. Always try to pull off an ability so that it will hit a lot of minions as well as your opponent champion. I would advise against outright attacking your opponent in the early stages and instead focus on farming and pushing. You will be aiming to farm as much as possible while whittling away at your opponents health by getting hits on them with your aoe abilities, once you think their health is low enough put your ultimate and ignite on them and try to take them down. If you succeed, use their ghost to attack their own tower.

Keep in mind that I haven't played Mordekaiser in a long time so I'm unsure of whether or not this still works as well as it used to, but it used to work extremely well and it would be easy to dominate mid, on one occasion I was even able to carry as hard as to win a 3v5 with 2 of my teammates disconnected.

Imrathelm

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giltia Zero View Post
Basically, there is no way to do well with Mordekaiser.

As unfortunate as it is, Morde has nothing to his name that really benefits his team besides melee range magic damage.

Constant nerfs to spellvamp have only cemented his status as unusable.

At this point, the only champions worse than him are the irredeemables such as Katarina and Evelynn.
Do you ever have anything positive to say?

Giltia Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

Do you ever have anything intelligent to say?

Imrathelm

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giltia Zero View Post
Do you ever have anything intelligent to say?
Just because YOU can't play a champion, or YOU think a champ sucks doesn't make it fact. The guy has fun playing a champion in a game, instead of being a complete elitist ***** and bringing nothing to the conversation why don't you troll elsewhere.

Giltia Zero

02-15-2012

I main Morde. I can play him fine.

And he sucks.

There is absolutely nothing Morde can do to do "better". If you face off against anyone with Orangutang level intelligence, you're going to lose. And Morde scales poorly.

Not much else to it. Cry all you like, the math has been done, and this is no longer up for debate.

Rylentlar

02-15-2012

If you are going to commit to mordekaiser it takes more than a few games to learn him. He plays differently than ANY other champion and is tricky to be affective with.

Early Game: Harass with e as much as safely possible and last hit with it if you can't get in close. It's nice to have a rejuv bead or regrowth (I prefer rejuv and pots)

Mid Game: DON'T initiate, try to stay near creeps if you can, hit enemies w/o MR as much as possible and space abilities well enough to keep shield up. Try to have a QSS because CC will destroy you.

End Game: Ult their ad carry( preferably after they've cleansed or QSSed ) ignite if you have it and use their ghost to kill the enemy team.

Sukitox

02-15-2012

Play morde when your team has CC, cause he has none and CCing the enemy carry will help a LOT cause your job is to take carries ghosts.
Always choose mid lane and try to clean yours and enemy's wraiths when mid is pushed. But this might be dangerous cause u can meet enemy's jungler, so buy wards.
Always try to last hit and remember you can use W on your own minions to get those last hits and shield from a safe distance.
Fighting beside ENEMY minions is going to FILL your Shield completely, that's why morde is stronger in lane and weaker when caught at jungle.
When ulting someone you steal % of enemy's HP and gain % of AP and AD. Your job is to get the carries ghosts and destroy enemy team, but you can use your Ult as a survival tool too. Ulting someone with high HP will heal you for a nice quantity.
Good to bad ppl to use your Ult on: Ranged Ad > Melee Ad > AP casters > Rest
Low HP enemies are punished with Ult+ignite. Try not to ult+ignite someone with Cleanse or QSS. Cleanse removes ignite and QSS removes your ultimate + ignite.
Your ghost generates shield for you so always remember to make it attack something. Move it with Alt+Right click.

Morde CORE.
Start with boots+3hp > Hextech Revolver > MercTreads or Sorcerer > Here you can rush Wota or buy giants belt. > Wota > Rylay's Scepter.

If your team doesnt benefit from Wota, I would think of finishing Gunblade after Rylay. Actually if your team dont benefit from wota id not pick Morde. Double Wota too strong.

Good items: Deathcap, Zonya's, QSS, Guardian Angel, Abyssal Scepter, Void staff.

For skills get E> W > E > Q > E > R > Max E > Max Q > Max W. You could get 2 or 3 points on W if you are being too much harassed.

Ok it took long, things came out in my mind and I tried to organize them here. Remember MORDE IS NOT A TANK, he is just.. durable.
English is not my main language and I dont know your skill level on LoL so I wrote the basics too.
Thats how I play morde. Just remember to FARM FARM FARM FARM MORDE TOO ITEM/LEVEL DEPENDENT
But its hard to play with him when enemies know how to play against you. Theres a certain ELO where it becomes hard to win a game as Morde.
Have a nice day, sir.

Invictrix

02-15-2012

Mordekaiser was my second champion and I love him, but he is underpowered. I mean it isn't ultra obvious like Evelynn, but he is weaker than most ap mids as a whole.

That being said he can triumph over some mages in mid like (vladimir, leblanc, morgana, galio(it really just becomes a farm lane for both of them), kassadin, fizz, cassiopeia, orianna and chogath). Some of those champions can present legitimate problems for more traditional mages, but they don't for mordekaiser. In addition if your team comp has lots of cc, but no aoe damage source mordekaiser is pretty good at providing it.

I wish riot would make mordekaiser into more of a solid pick, but they seem to cater to "mordekaiser killed me while I was doing something stupid nerf now". Mordekaiser is getting a new skin soon called dark crusader so maybe they will do the vlad trick where they buff him get people to buy his skin and then nerf him again.

12345 ... 7