Why all of the Zilean hate on dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaxtenn View Post
I experimented with Lich Bane Zilean a little, since he has a huge 600 autoattack range, and spammable spells. It didn't really work. Although I only played 3-4 games.

The biggest problem I faced was itemisation, and I ended up sacrificing health, so I died in most exchanges. You need mana, since Zilean sucks it down. Max CDR. Lich Bane. AP to justify buying a Lich Bane. Then some health for survivability.

I think my mistake was building a Tear of the Goddess. A better build might be something like: Ionian Boots, ROA, Lich Bane, Frozen Heart, Deathcap.

I'd rather play Janna or Orianna or Karma, though.
Keep in mind that you don't have to complete the Lich Bane until you have that other AP item, which means you can sit on a Sheen while building everything else like tankiness.

DangerDavis

03-15-2012

I have played POOTERS quite a bit and Zilean is actually really annoying the way he plays him, boots of mobility, FoN, Visage, chalice and a qss. He plays him just to backdoor nonstop. He is incredibly hard to catch with his constant speed buff. Not only, it is very annoying when you have to send somebody back to recap your base multiple times.

zionist shill

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBL Renegade View Post
I have played POOTERS quite a bit and Zilean is actually really annoying the way he plays him, boots of mobility, FoN, Visage, chalice and a qss. He plays him just to backdoor nonstop. He is incredibly hard to catch with his constant speed buff. Not only, it is very annoying when you have to send somebody back to recap your base multiple times.
It was a autowin when he was on the other team.

POOTERSS

03-15-2012

thanks NBL Renegade! Zilean rocks.

Shaxtenn

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
Keep in mind that you don't have to complete the Lich Bane until you have that other AP item, which means you can sit on a Sheen while building everything else like tankiness.
I only played one game, so I don't want to post any conclusions about overall viability.

Sheen on its own wasn't worth buying though. Sheen autoattacks were doing 100 damage. Not worth it. I'd rather sit on blasting wand + amp tome until I could finish the Lich Bane, as I normally do on other APs.

The biggest problem with the build is how expensive it is. ROA, Frozen Heart, Deathcap, Lich Bane - those are four big, expensive items, and in most games you're only likely to finish two. Zilean does good damage with just bombs and some AP though, so it's not like he's completely helpless until he finishes every item. You don't technically need to finish Frozen Heart, since Glacial Shroud gives 425 mana and 15% CDR. And you could maybe forgo ROA and take a ring instead, even though that's 250 less health, and Zilean is seriously fragile.

Harate

03-15-2012

Pooters is annoying but it ends there. You rarely lose againts a team w a zilean. Oh god i just ended up w pooters...

GrignardTS

03-15-2012

I always felt like you needed to build a sizable amount of AP on him.

Just so you can do something outside of slowing/speeding and so your ultimate doesn't only return 20% of someones HP.

I tried a tanky support version a few times, but I felt as if I wasn't contributing to fights.

Harate

03-15-2012

Yup we just lost because he failed at backcapping the entire time.

dazzel

03-15-2012

pooterss = dodge