Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why all of the Zilean hate on dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qmusic

03-12-2012

He's a better pick than chogath. But he's weak to champs like Ez and Wukong and Yorick, I guess he weak to most champs.

MMKH

03-12-2012

Quote:
Sauron:
Because of MMKH.

Huehuehue.

Obligatory "Brazilean es #1, always revive never die".

v4v3nd3774

03-12-2012

His shift4 is god tier.

Yaladilae

03-13-2012

Zilean is probably the best "kill securer" in the game lol

Kiddalee

03-13-2012

Quote:
Forestgreen02:
Here is a build for Zilean, works on Annie too. Prospectors, CDR boots, frozen heart, rabadon's cap, void. go with 21/0/9. Solves your mana problem and those pesky AD sustained champs. Just remember not to ***** out on your team, autoattacking does 70 damage so do some of that rather than disappear every **** team fight.

Sheen with full CDR Rewind: what say you?

Arowan

03-14-2012

Quote:
DivineBovine:
One word:

Pooters.

This.

This. This. Oh, and this.

Why hasn't that kid been banned yet?

On other notes, zilean is just too easily crushed by a competent team, especially since the nerf to his ult duration.

Shaxtenn

03-14-2012

I find Zilean incredibly low-impact on Dominion. He doesn't earn his place on the team. I've played with 3-4 in the last couple of days, and lost each time for whatever reason.

As a bot-laner, he can hold the lane. Ok - you aren't winning, but you aren't losing. Not much of an accomplishment, plenty of champions can do that. But plenty can't, so that's something.

In top lane, he has... a haste, a slow, a single decent medium-range nuke (double bomb = one nuke, it's just one spell really), and the rezz. The rezz is decent if he uses it well, and maxes CDR to get one every 30s. But when you consider the situation every mage faces - they're squishy, they get eaten by gap-closing bruiser assassins - he just doesn't have enough to compensate. He doesn't have enough damage. His damage isn't on a long enough range. His utility is strong, but not really enough.

Nunu's in the same boat, with one damage spell (plus his ult), and some utility, but I do decently with Nunu while I suck as Zilean... So I don't know if that just means I can't play Zilean and I'm yet to see a good one. I don't dodge Zilean - or anyone - but I'm never optimistic when I see him in champ select.

Shaxtenn

03-14-2012

Quote:
Kiddalee:
Sheen with full CDR Rewind: what say you?

I experimented with Lich Bane Zilean a little, since he has a huge 600 autoattack range, and spammable spells. It didn't really work. Although I only played 3-4 games.

The biggest problem I faced was itemisation, and I ended up sacrificing health, so I died in most exchanges. You need mana, since Zilean sucks it down. Max CDR. Lich Bane. AP to justify buying a Lich Bane. Then some health for survivability.

I think my mistake was building a Tear of the Goddess. A better build might be something like: Ionian Boots, ROA, Lich Bane, Frozen Heart, Deathcap.

I'd rather play Janna or Orianna or Karma, though.

GET REKT FGT

03-14-2012

I played with my first awesome Zilean player a couple of days ago...he's extremely team dependent but I'll be darned if I say he's not good (but maybe it was just the player, I mean he did have a skin for Zil). He kept us having top lane, and he also knew how to rewind double-bomb (as I'd call it, he really screwed an enemy Fizz...hard)

I personally think anytime I see him in champion select things are going to be hard...but in the future I'll remember this Zilean and think that he really set the bar high for me.

Kiddalee

03-14-2012

I got owned by a Zilean today. I should have written down his build and team comp but I forgot about this thread at the time.