Why all of the Zilean hate on dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

02-15-2012

I've caused 2 people to dodge in a row now because I picked Zilean for this map.

In my eyes however he really isn't that bad. He has incredible mobility, he can give mobility to teammates, and also kite the enemy team with a really powerful long lasting slow. His bombs do a pretty good chunk of damage and have good scaling, and his ult makes it a really bad choice to dive him.

He can also stop any strong minion wave push. Double bombs can clear the melee minions, while single bombs obliterate the caster minions.

To me, he feels like a really powerful support on dominion, who can support everywhere that it matters.

DivineBovine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

One word:

Pooters.

And to add a bit more, as a support he is somewhat lackluster when compared to the other More commonly chosen Supports, sona Soraka and Janna. All zilean brings to the table is a speed boost, a , although SUPER useful in some situations, revive ult, and some okay Magic damage.
He doesn't heal, nor does he have a shield or resistance boosters like the afformentioned champions.

He isn't just AWFUL, but there are better. I'd rather have Sona every time for my support than Zilean.

Prometheius

02-15-2012

Lackluster support, negligible damage and CC, no kill power 1v1, long CDs on damage.

Only time he's good is if you're an exceptional Zilean player. Otherwise, you're practically SoL on his usage in Dom.

lbgsloan

02-15-2012

He's all early game. His damage output drops quickly, leaving him with a slow/haste and long CD revive ult. He's definitely the hardest support mage to make work on Dominion, hence people assume he's a troll pick.

Sauron

02-15-2012

Because of MMKH.

Huehuehue.

Forbiddian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

If you miss your ults, he's god-awful.

If you land your ults, he's ok, but he's confined to teamfights.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

02-15-2012

A really powerful support should probably have hard CC.

shhbequiet9772

02-15-2012

his revive takes too long to happen... when it brings back the person everyone else is already dead

Defendi

02-15-2012

I love and play him. You have to forget he is a "support" because he isn't. He is an AP caster. His slow almost guarantees an enemies death in most team situations. The range on his spells are amazing, bombing turret huger and clipping off HP works wonders. Due to how well his kit synergies you simply needs one CDR item (along with runes i suppose) and your ulti will be back up in seconds. Because his ulti is generally always up it really shines here and stands out when you save the right person. I love playing Zeal in dom, my fav AP mage by far!

However, know that you will NEVER carry a game. But your utility more than makes up for constant "boom wow" damage...Which is fine by me seeing as how most champs who only do amazing damage are cut in half by a single defensive item. Play and LOVE Zeal!

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

02-15-2012

Janna does basically the same amount of damage with better utility.