Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should Riot do this?

F#%$ yeah. 536 60.22%
Nah, this is stupid. 354 39.78%
Voters 890 .

Change the map angles.(purple side is unfair)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frodude

07-29-2012

Simple fix for when you're stuck on purple, take bot lane if you're new, middle if you're decent and let the pros handle top. The only real problem that I can see from those making comments about purple team angles is generally because they're top players.

Peple77

08-19-2013

Playing unlocked screen is not difficult, its just annoying. I'll be playing a skill shot champion and when I scroll down to aim, and the enemy is slightly to the left, I move my mouse over and WEEEEE there goes the camera flying into the jungle as I auto walk into the enemies, or I'm being attacked and not know it because I have my camera focused on the enemies and not myself.

MarhsallLee67

08-19-2013

learn to play with the camera unlocked. it's not that hard.

Hawaiian Snowman

08-20-2013

Wait wait wait... People still play with their screen locked? This thread is pointless. It gets better with more play. Learn to deal with it.

Baffle Waffle

08-20-2013

I will not play with the screen unlocked. I just don't like playing with it unlocked. I can see why they wouldn't want to implement the flippable camera angle as it would take more server space (I wonder just how much?) but I still would like to see it because it would make it so I didn't get annoyed playing on purple side so much.

And why does playing with unlocked matter? Its still a different angle and I think that's the point. From blue you're looking forward most of the time, from purple you're looking behind you even with the camera unlocked. I don't want to look at ezs stupid face most the time playing purple side.

Shinova

08-28-2013

I'm a casual player, I like playing with my screen locked it's a simple feature that makes the game fun for me, I don't plan on becoming an MlG LoL champ pro gamer ultimate supreme.
One of the main reasons I don't PvP much is because there's a 50% chance I'll get put on purple and be forced to unlock my camera or have an extremely difficult time playing especially when I'm backed up to a turret and I'm getting poked at like crazy.

Anyone who would rather insult another player because they don't play like them is ignorant and selfish. To add a feature in game that would in no way affect them, but they still come just to start fights and disagree is beyond belief.

I hope riot does something about this eventually.

Izanami Waifudom

Recruiter

08-28-2013

To be honest, I am all for the idea. This is mainly because i am one of the players that doesn't want to learn unlocked screen. But i feel like this is encouraging me to learn, and i have been told countless times that playing on unlocked screen will improve your play.

Razz Pitazz

08-29-2013

Really I think if we could invert the HUD (hotkeys on top) this would help a lot w/ purple team as well

BerserkMender

05-19-2014

Quote:
SuperVeloce:
I guess they could but I don't think it's all that necessary. All it takes is making the screen unlocked n getting used to it. I also move the chat box to the right side above the map so it doesn't bother me (i play ad bot).

well that would work but think about the people that cant do that cause IDK about anbody else but i play locked screen and if i try to unlock it then i lose track of where my champ is and i get caught out too much