Should Riot do this?

F#%$ yeah. 534 60.20%
Nah, this is stupid. 353 39.80%
Voters: 887. You may not vote on this poll

Change the map angles.(purple side is unfair)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thegreatsmash

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2012

Bump this ****!

Danish Vikingz

05-07-2012

Can't even ever, ever, ever, ever start to imagine how anybody EVER would want a locked camera.
You have no awareness of what is going on around you.. It just REALLY baffles me, how anyone can prefer it locked.

Unlock it, learn how to use it and get much better at the game, than you were ever gonna be with your locked camera.

DragnDave

05-07-2012

It boggles my mind why so many people seem to still think of this issue as a locked camera vs an unlocked camera issue. It just isn't. I played maybe 10 games with a locked camera until I switched and have been using an unlocked camera ever since. I strongly advise everyone to learn how to play with an unlocked camera as it will improve your game. However, this issue, has absolutely nothing to do with a locked or unlocked camera.

This has everything to do with people feeling more comfortable going from bottom to top than vice versa. Sure, not everyone feels that way, but a good majority do. THAT is what this thread is about and not the camera being locked/unlocked.

Digressed

05-07-2012

People should just learn to play without the camara being locked. I been doing it for so long i don't even notice it being unlocked now. It also a better way to play cause of the full map awarness

fabulouslyswiss

05-11-2012

Playing with the camera unlocked helps the field of vision, certainly. However, because of the bottom-up progression of many games that LoL players may have experience in, blue does seem to have a marked advantage. Throw in the fact that chat windows, spells, and minimap are all on the bottom of the screen as well, misclicking or misjudging anything is much more likely on purple side than blue.

Although offering a camera flip option for either side would require quite a bit of programming, it seems a worthwhile investment for such a popular instance.

For all the hardcore "zomg learn to play" posters, I'm sure that if this ever happened, there would still be an option for the inverted camera so that players could tell all their friends how totally wicked at pwning on purple side in LoL they are. Never fear.

KROTANK

05-11-2012

Instead of changing Map angles, they should just let you flip the HUD. Camps like blitzcrank, varus, nidalee; basically any champion with a heavy dependence on ranged skill shots, really suffer from the HUD blocking the screen.

Yes, you can simply unlock the screen. But, to be honest, this is merely a coping measure. I never have to unlock the screen as blue, but playing as purple I've got to deal with the clunky nature of an unlocked screen. It's really a simple fix; one that I'm surprised RIOT hasn't done already.

Noctis XV

05-11-2012

Even with the camera unlocked, the screen is still tilted, by the time the enemy flashes southward the screen must be moved and even worse when a skillshot is in progress.

on the other hand, if blue were to have a skillshot ready to fire, and purple flashes northward, blue will still be able to see where they have flashed.

this all happens within a few milliseconds and yes blue has the upper hand on this.

Dylan R C Pierce

05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UbberTengen View Post
lol people complaining about being in purple side loooooooooooool
Bump

Darth Jaders

05-12-2012

This is a good idea, I think. It might get kinda confusing with Baron and dragon switching sides on you, so maybe specific minimap icons for each of the would be nice

And this is true, skill shots seem shorter when you're top due to the camera angle and its easier to enemy champs to come up from under you. And accidentally clicking on the HUD during a teamfight is sooo annoying (I hope im not the only one that happens to)

Masakan

05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digressed View Post
People should just learn to play without the camara being locked. I been doing it for so long i don't even notice it being unlocked now. It also a better way to play cause of the full map awarness
When I need map awareness I tend to look at the minimap to see what's going on. Frankly If I'm in a team fight with unlocked camera I'm gonna get my balls rocked. I mean why bother trying to master unlocked camera, when you can pay attention to the mini-map and essentially get the same awareness?

On-topic I approve of this camera perspective idea.