Malphite on Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaidyn

02-15-2012

I've been playing Malphite a bit, and I really like his playstyle. And his ultimate is the best intiative I've ever seen!

I'm wondering how well he'd do in a 3v3 match. He's got a decent harrass, a nice sustain (with dorian's shield and his passive he can stay in lane a long time), and can take a hit. I was also thinking he might be a decent counter to the over present trynd. High armour, an attack speed reduction, and a slow for when he spins away.

Any thoughts?

Anduraga

02-15-2012

Hes a good solid pick that counters many of the popular AD champs. He has a built in 50% AS reduction, any auto attack champ will hate you. If played right he can be very good but your teammates have to be aware of your role as well.

And Malphite is one of the few tanks i seem to get more kills than other tanks.

Empress Hilary

02-15-2012

In normals you can wreck as Malph with a wriggles and other random AD items. No one ever expects it.

Tokinatoor

02-15-2012

yeah he used to be one of my favorites

but I hate that none of his abilities scale and he seems to do 0 damage compared to other tanks and his ult seems rather weak

Shaidyn

02-15-2012

I just did a 3v3 with my friend, myeslf as Malphite. Naturally, there was a Trynd, and I shut him down so hard. I rushed my frozen heart and pumped up my E, and his attack speed dropped to nothing.

SO MUCH FUN.

MauJustice

02-15-2012

The problem with Malph vs Trynd is that...while Trynd can't kill you, you can't really do anything to stop him from free farming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaidyn View Post
I just did a 3v3 with my friend, myeslf as Malphite. Naturally, there was a Trynd, and I shut him down so hard. I rushed my frozen heart and pumped up my E, and his attack speed dropped to nothing.

SO MUCH FUN.
A smart Trynd will just ignore you, heal through your harass, push the lane and go off to jungle.

Shaidyn

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauJustice View Post
A smart Trynd will just ignore you, heal through your harass, push the lane and go off to jungle.
My effectiveness was not so pronounced during the laning phase, as it was during teamfights. He can ignore me all he wants, but my frozen heart is an aura, and my E is an AoE. As long as I'm alive and close to him, his attack speed drops like a stone.

Sam

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaidyn View Post
My effectiveness was not so pronounced during the laning phase, as it was during teamfights. He can ignore me all he wants, but my frozen heart is an aura, and my E is an AoE. As long as I'm alive and close to him, his attack speed drops like a stone.
Than your just a solid tank with no damage but a CC ulti. o.o So once he finish off your friends that do dmg, what you plan to do? o.O Run?

Boo

02-16-2012

he's good, but weak. he's too easy to ignore if he's not vsing a favorable comp. there are picks that can do what he does but better.

18X Jake

02-16-2012

Tanky AD malphite works well. I've gotten 800 AD on malphite and tore everything to shreds.