New shen build :D

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daggeras

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

Hello there, well, to start i want to say that i mained shen for a long time, when i heard that he was getting buffed i got excited, i tried the new shen and came up with a new build that worked out pretty well.

Ok, first of all, i was against an ap heavy team, so:
I started with ruby crystal, and bought spirit visage with that, i bought cdr boots, wit's end, then frozen mallet, warmogs and atmas, this gave me the tankyness that i needed, but i could be very agressive and put out a lot of damage as well, with the visage my sustain was crazy, cdr boots to spam q and w, wits end to proc passive more often and mr, mallet for cc and hp, warmogs for hp and atmas to give me some armor + some more damage, i think this build is good, it worked out for me in that game.

I hope this build helps you and i would like some feedback on this build, what would you change? why? did you try it?.

I will try to post more builds for a couple of champs, have a good day

Aikimiller

02-15-2012

Like all tank builds, your going to have to build situationally.

This is a heavy MR and HP build, so good in that game. However, if the enemy team has a Vayne or someone else who does % based damage, you would have been eaten alive.

Not a fan of CDR boots on shen, Merc treads all the way for me. I have realized how powerful CDR is on shen though- faster refresh on feint mean more Ki strikes, means more energy, means more skill spamming.

You also don't say whether this build you were primary tanking.

Daggeras

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

I built it "on the go" put it that way, i was the primary tank, and they had almost no ad, only xin zhao and ezreal, that why i focused on the mr, i know that, if they had an ad threat i would have built different, but the main thing i did that game was counter jungle the xin and roam, gank and feed the other lanes.

Thnx for the feedback

FaerellG

02-15-2012

I'm actually thinking that you can afford a bit of CDR on him late game now. Assuming you manage your energy well. The Ki strike returning 30 energy late game is solid enough that some times I have too much energy.

WeaveDough

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggeras View Post
Hello there, well, to start i want to say that i mained shen for a long time, when i heard that he was getting buffed i got excited, i tried the new shen and came up with a new build that worked out pretty well.

Ok, first of all, i was against an ap heavy team, so:
I started with ruby crystal, and bought spirit visage with that, i bought cdr boots, wit's end, then frozen mallet, warmogs and atmas, this gave me the tankyness that i needed, but i could be very agressive and put out a lot of damage as well, with the visage my sustain was crazy, cdr boots to spam q and w, wits end to proc passive more often and mr, mallet for cc and hp, warmogs for hp and atmas to give me some armor + some more damage, i think this build is good, it worked out for me in that game.

I hope this build helps you and i would like some feedback on this build, what would you change? why? did you try it?.

I will try to post more builds for a couple of champs, have a good day
I would say that build is really good for your game although like another poster said merc treds is always a solid choice....you could always go more tanky but my question for you is how do your rune/mastery on average?

X Widow Maker X

02-15-2012

Havnt played the new shen yet so i cant comment to much. You have alot of CDR i see, CDR wont mean anything if you use around 4 of your spells. Honestly a couple vorpals/shields and you have no energy. Its helpful for shorter ulttime which is good i guess earlygame.

I play alot of shen too, 70% win in about 100 games at 1500 elo first season. Long time ago i know.

im guna take a gander and say that spirit visage blows. It provides a small amount of health, MR, CDR, and a passive that adds 15% to heals. Its just not a good item compared to what you can get. I wouldnt even get it on mundo who benefits most from it. You should definately never get that item, and instead fill it with Aegis of the Legion which is a fantastic item, especially on shen who utilizes it more then just about any champion

What exactly are you healing with visage? Vorpals? Thats terribly inefficient. Aegis will give you MR, Health, and instead of a ****ty sustain, one of the best team auras in the game. Also synergizes with ult..