Yorick's Late Game!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

allblackfan

02-14-2012

hey ive been really interested in yorick lately...I tried him a wile back. kinda like his kit but ive been wondering bout his late game. Alot of people on the forums are saying that it starts to scale off towards late game but is it really that bad? Or is yorick useful in teamfights and worth the 6300 IP?

any advice would be greatly apprecaited.

LancerXXX

02-14-2012

He's good at not dying and doing decent damage like a normal bruiser, but his damage is mainly based off harassing with ghouls, and keeping them alive, which is kind of hard in a late-game fight. However, cloning your carry and being fat becomes your new role, so I'd say he does relatively well.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

02-15-2012

As LancerXXX stated, he's pretty much going to be a damagesoak and carry multiplier. His damage is good, and is very strong in the 1v1 department. I feel in teamfights his role is kinda limited as all he can do is run around, spam ghouls and being a pain in the ...

That said, he makes a GREAT co-initiator, as he can go from harass/poke to full commitment at any time, so with good reflexes he can initiate the very second the enemy team makes an error in their formation. After the initiation it's just what tanky deeps do what they do best. Try to keep alive and whack as much as they can.

Yorick makes a great split pusher too, in my humble oppinion. Between the ghouls and his ulti he can really push down a turret in no time. Q whatever comes or something random in the jungle, and speed of with >500 MS. Because of his very strong 1v1 presence, he can afford to stay around a bit longer if there's just 1 person coming to deal with him. And if he manages to attract more attention, lets say, 3 enemies? Well he just made it possible for the rest of the team to get another turret.

I like playing the latter style more than just be a carry-copy-bot, and has netted me a lot of wins actually. He's very flexible in his role late game.

The bad part? You need teammates who know how his ulti works(still encounter ulti'd runners).

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

I believe that cooldown reduction is an important part of Yoricks lategame. 40% CDR = 67% more spamming. This ensures that your ghouls stay up which is a good chunk of your damage, as well as damage reduction.
While you will likely go with Warmog, Triforce, or Atmas, etc, it is a good idea to itemize CDR, which can be done by several items:

Ionic Boots (since merc aren't THAT necessary as CC on you isnt generally that big of a deal).
Spirit Visage (he benefits from the MR and health, plus teh CDR and heal-booster)
Frozen Heart (while a bad item to rush due to lack of health, its great with warmogs.)
21 Defense (8.1% at 18).
6% CDR from flat blues if needed to round things out.

So a 2-21-7 build will have 8.1%, and with Frozen Heart and SV thats 38.1% at 18.
That leaves plenty of room for TriForce, Warmog, merc treads, manamune, and gives you tons of health, armor, and MR (50ish base +blue MR +30 SV +25 boots = decent)

Larshus

02-15-2012

Yorick doesn't fall off all that much late game. In fact I find that he starts to snowball more late game, but not as much obviously as an AD champ.

The key is to ult your carry ult yourself, ult ult ult. Its on a short cooldown. Use it. Once you do, you damage goes up very high. Its as simple as that. 6v5 is pretty powerful. Dance around the outside of the fight spamming ghouls and slowing anyone that tries to run or peel off. If you get in melee range of a non tank start whacking it. Once anyone tries to run go in after for the clean up. Q something for speed boost and W the target and they can't get away. It doesn't matter if its who you are attacking, as soon as you see a peel stick to it like glue and kill it. A runner out of a team fight wont be able to kill you 1v1 unless you do something silly.

I find alot of times because of late game tankiness/E spam I'm the last one standing after an Ace. Or the last 1 of 2. At that time its your duty as Yorick to either go solo dragon/baron or go push down a turret or two. Send your Ult self in first.

I see too many late game Yoricks run back to base after an ace. That's not your job. With your ult you can easily take a turret even if you are at 1/4th health with no minion support. You ARE your minion support.

After your team respawns THEN you go back to base.

allblackfan

02-15-2012

thanks alot for the feedback guys