"But the losing team gets advantages and they beat me!"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

/popcorn

Cherokeepimp

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikarurob View Post
youre an obvious troll. Gtfo.

if 4 seconds, which by the way youd have to be up 200+ pts to get....makes you lose then YOU ARE BAD.

YOU ARE BAD.

YOU ARE BAD

i bolded that because you are stupid.
So then why put it in if you're losing not because of the 4 seconds because YOU ARE BAD?

Mister Omega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

I'm glad to know that you prefer to respond to "lol ur bad" posts instead of ones trying to make a civilized argument.

[edit] I stand corrected.

Cherokeepimp

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrikane Hektor View Post
First off, I'm going to point out that you're looking FAR TOO DEEPLY into the metaphor. It's SOLE purpose was to illustrate that a competitive game doesn't have to empower the winning side like SR does. In Dom, when you win, you get a significant advantage through positioning, opportunities to cap, gold, and experience. The respawn timers for the losing team help to balance that so that they don't get otherwise dominated, it helps keep the playing field even at all times, such as in the case of football. If they DIDN"T have the improved respawn timers, the WINNING side would snowball like in SR, which in many ways can decide the game before the 10 minute mark which is a thing many Dom players such as me dislike about SR. I hope this clarifies things for you.

You're quite correct about this, but you fail to mention important factors. For one, the team who won the fight will often have healthy or mostly healthy survivors to deal with early respawners, which is something I actually directly mentioned and you have seemingly failed to account for [edit] lol nope I didn't.. Second, YOUR team will also often have people who died early on and such, or got too wounded to effectively contribute further and went back. I do not underestimate the 4 seconds, I'm well aware that the VICTORIOUS team can, in that 4 seconds, do exactly what you describe the losing team doing.
For once somebody actually talked about it instead of just saying wow you are bad or you deserve to lose, congrats on being the first non troll in this thread.

Let's just say if I agreed with you about the losing team getting an advantage (which I still don't think it's necessary) once the losing team with an advantage gets a third tower, why do they continue to spawn quicker and get the other advantages because they are under 100? That is really my biggest gripe. Once they get that 3rd tower they should not be able to continue to spawn quicker, it makes it too difficult to regain a third tower. Effectively by doing this they are making it do a reverse snowball and the team that was winning the game loses because the team that was down got an advantage for almost 75% of the game. When you think of it like that it doesn't make sense. They should not be able to win a game based on the fact they had an advantage 75% of the game, the losing advantage outweighs the winning advantage by far.

Remember earlier in the game people used to say it was worth letting the other team get an early lead because of the huge advantage the losing team got and you could just snowball them through. That is exactly what is still happening, it just doesn't happen every game now, which still means it's a problem IMO.

Mister Omega

02-15-2012

Quote:
Let's just say if I agreed with you about the losing team getting an advantage (which I still don't think it's necessary) once the losing team with an advantage gets a third tower, why do they continue to spawn quicker and get the other advantages because they are under 100? That is really my biggest gripe.
I'm fully willing to give you this one. Imo, the moment they gain a cap advantage over their opponents, the respawn timers should go back to even, or do so after a short amount of time (Just because you GAINED top doesn't mean you're in any position to hold onto it for any meaningful amount of time).

Quote:
Remember earlier in the game people used to say it was worth letting the other team get an early lead because of the huge advantage the losing team got and you could just snowball them through. That is exactly what is still happening, it just doesn't happen every game now, which still means it's a problem IMO.
You would be referring to the strategy where you pick strong late-game champions and let the enemy dominate the first portion of the game, but not so badly that you lose the game, then make a reversal with their late-game champs and cream the opposition with unstoppable late-game power. Imo, this is little more than a legitimate strategy that has ways of being shut down. For example, get dominated hard enough early on, and you won't MAKE it to the late game, and if you're playing against high ELO players they WILL punish you heavily for attempting such a strategy, and also probably counter-pick your champions.

Ardnalis

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeepimp View Post
For once somebody actually talked about it instead of just saying wow you are bad or you deserve to lose, congrats on being the first non troll in this thread....
Question for you:
Your match history shows you having a minimum of 10 games in February, yet there is no ranked Dom.. Why is that? I mean, according to http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1512236 you should have quit...

Kiddalee

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeepimp View Post
LOL it's not like the team is losing by 20 and they catch up. The problem is most times this happens the losing team is under 100, which means the losing team gets points from caps and kills on top of a 4 second spawn. That's when it becomes unbalanced and snowballs.
Even though the losing team continues to get kill points, that will stop once their enemy is also at 100 Nexus health. Once they equal out, there is no difference any more. Sometimes a win slows down once the losing team gets to 100 Nexus health, but the winners can always play more conservatively. It's just as possible to snowball if you were winning to begin with.

Argodis

02-15-2012

I don't understand how anyone could argue that it's alright for a competitive game to explicitly reward the losing team for losing. It doesn't matter how minor it may seem because in the grand scheme of things, every decision, advantage, etc. matters.

It's a pointless argument though as Riot already stated that they're working on removing it and attempting to find a way to allow for comebacks without giving a clear advantage to the losing team.

Mister Omega

02-15-2012

Maybe if you had paid attention to the thread instead of reading only the first post to hurry up and stick in your pittance of an opinion, you'd be clued in to the fact that the opposition's argument is that it DOESN'T reward the losing team due to the inherent advantages the winning team gains.

Cherokeepimp

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrikane Hektor View Post
I'm fully willing to give you this one. Imo, the moment they gain a cap advantage over their opponents, the respawn timers should go back to even, or do so after a short amount of time (Just because you GAINED top doesn't mean you're in any position to hold onto it for any meaningful amount of time).

You would be referring to the strategy where you pick strong late-game champions and let the enemy dominate the first portion of the game, but not so badly that you lose the game, then make a reversal with their late-game champs and cream the opposition with unstoppable late-game power. Imo, this is little more than a legitimate strategy that has ways of being shut down. For example, get dominated hard enough early on, and you won't MAKE it to the late game, and if you're playing against high ELO players they WILL punish you heavily for attempting such a strategy, and also probably counter-pick your champions.

Just to point our your completely wrong about that last statement. If you remember this snowball effect was 10 times worse before and they actually nerfed it because of the complaints. It had nothing to do with late game picks, the losing team got an even longer advantage before, they trimmed it down but it's still a problem and unnecessary to have.