"But the losing team gets advantages and they beat me!"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mister Omega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

02-15-2012

Here, let me give you a non-troll response:

If you're losing that bad from the rebound, then you're doing something wrong. If you've got three caps, and cannot safely take a 4th/5th cap, you should be instead preparing for the next fight. Cream them, go back, heal up, shop. Teleporting back and shopping will take, at most, 4-5 seconds. That means you can go back and shop, and at the BARE MINIMUM meet them on even ground. Don't forget that if you're 1 cap leading them, they have to actually ATTACK one of your points, which forces them on disadvantageous ground, because if you're fighting near YOUR windmill, you have a ready escape point, they have none (lest they're packing a ready garrison, but that can be countered by one of your own, esp if it's got a point into it's mastery and they tend to group up). If it takes them ANYWHERE longer than 4 seconds to respawn, then you'll have time to gain superior positioning as well, being able to set up ambushes outside of their speed boost/routes to top/relic/etc.

99% of the time, people lose to the "advantage" because they overextend, try to cap 4, and get raped by the freshly-healed, freshly-shopped team. It's just facts.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cherokeepimp

Senior Member

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpIe Reign View Post
There's nothing to discuss. You're just bad if you are giving up a huge advantage over the enemy team and the enemy team is able to capitalize on your badness and win the game then good for them. Learn from your mistakes instead of crying on the forums and trolling.
Please explain to me why the losing team should get an advantage? If it really is about the winning team making mistakes than why give the losing team an advantage?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zionist shill

Senior Member

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PretzelBagel View Post
Well it's also the name of an American female music group, but it's more famousely known for the Prince Las Vegas show.


I just googled my name and where I got it was one of the first options when I looked it up.


When I say its not where I got my name I mean It's not where I got it from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVxpp-QKAl4


that so hard?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zionist shill

Senior Member

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeepimp View Post
Please explain to me why the losing team should get an advantage? If it really is about the winning team making mistakes than why give the losing team an advantage?

You have an advantage over them. They get a bit faster respawn timers that 99% of the time don't help them because they are getting dominated. If you are giving up that advantage by getting caught in the jungle by the enemy team and losing team fights because you get 1 or 2 people dying in the jungle that's your own teams fault. Therefore, you deserve to lose because the enemy team was outplaying you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mister Omega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeepimp View Post
Please explain to me why the losing team should get an advantage? If it really is about the winning team making mistakes than why give the losing team an advantage?
Please explain to me why the winning team should get an advantage? In football, when one team scores a touchdown, it doesn't impair the ability of the other team to subsequently score.

Allow me to remind you that winning fights in Dom awards the victors with extra gold and experience, not to mention the chance to cap.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cherokeepimp

Senior Member

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpIe Reign View Post
You have an advantage over them. They get a bit faster respawn timers that 99% of the time don't help them because they are getting dominated. If you are giving up that advantage by getting caught in the jungle by the enemy team and losing team fights because you get 1 or 2 people dying in the jungle that's your own teams fault. Therefore, you deserve to lose because the enemy team was outplaying you.
Advantage? You mean beating the other team which is the goal of the game is now considered an advantage?

Again if people are getting caught in the jungle and that is the reasoning behind them getting a comeback and not the 4 seconds on top of not getting points for kills or caps cause your under 100 then please explain to me why it is there?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cherokeepimp

Senior Member

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrikane Hektor View Post
Please explain to me why the winning team should get an advantage? In football, when one team scores a touchdown, it doesn't impair the ability of the other team to subsequently score.

Allow me to remind you that winning fights in Dom awards the victors with extra gold and experience, not to mention the chance to cap.
You don't even make sense lol, football is the worst comparison ever.

If you really compared dom to football according to what is going on now, one team would score and the losing team would continue to get the opportunity to keep having the football until that team scored. Which is dumb, and which is why that doesn't happen.

You're absolutely right, winning fights in dom awards the victors as it should. By your response in SR the losing team should get an advantage because the winning team level'd quicker and has more gold. Right? See how dumb that sounds.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cherokeepimp

Senior Member

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrikane Hektor View Post
Here, let me give you a non-troll response:

If you're losing that bad from the rebound, then you're doing something wrong. If you've got three caps, and cannot safely take a 4th/5th cap, you should be instead preparing for the next fight. Cream them, go back, heal up, shop. Teleporting back and shopping will take, at most, 4-5 seconds. That means you can go back and shop, and at the BARE MINIMUM meet them on even ground. Don't forget that if you're 1 cap leading them, they have to actually ATTACK one of your points, which forces them on disadvantageous ground, because if you're fighting near YOUR windmill, you have a ready escape point, they have none (lest they're packing a ready garrison, but that can be countered by one of your own, esp if it's got a point into it's mastery and they tend to group up). If it takes them ANYWHERE longer than 4 seconds to respawn, then you'll have time to gain superior positioning as well, being able to set up ambushes outside of their speed boost/routes to top/relic/etc.

99% of the time, people lose to the "advantage" because they overextend, try to cap 4, and get raped by the freshly-healed, freshly-shopped team. It's just facts.
So why have the 4 second respawn on top of the no points from caps or kills if it really is people overextending.

I appreciate your first response. But the reality of the situation is that's not usually how games go. Often times what happens is by the time winning team kills the the last of the opposing team there is already members who died early on in the team fight respawning. Making it so where you either can't go back or if you do go back you leave your point wide open. Fights often time don't end in 10 seconds, usually there is already someone respawning from the opposing team by the time you finish them off, or worst case are still fighting. That 4 seconds lets you go halfway to top in that time frame. You guys under estimate that 4 seconds, it's huge. If it didn't make a big deal like you claim than it would not be in the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ikarurob

Senior Member

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeepimp View Post
Please explain to me why the losing team should get an advantage? If it really is about the winning team making mistakes than why give the losing team an advantage?

youre an obvious troll. Gtfo.

if 4 seconds, which by the way youd have to be up 200+ pts to get....makes you lose then YOU ARE BAD.


YOU ARE BAD.


YOU ARE BAD

i bolded that because you are stupid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mister Omega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeepimp View Post
You don't even make sense lol, football is the worst comparison ever.

If you really compared dom to football according to what is going on now, one team would score and the losing team would continue to get the opportunity to keep having the football until that team scored. Which is dumb, and which is why that doesn't happen.

You're absolutely right, winning fights in dom awards the victors as it should. By your response in SR the losing team should get an advantage because the winning team level'd quicker and has more gold. Right? See how dumb that sounds.
First off, I'm going to point out that you're looking FAR TOO DEEPLY into the metaphor. It's SOLE purpose was to illustrate that a competitive game doesn't have to empower the winning side like SR does. In Dom, when you win, you get a significant advantage through positioning, opportunities to cap, gold, and experience. The respawn timers for the losing team help to balance that so that they don't get otherwise dominated, it helps keep the playing field even at all times, such as in the case of football. If they DIDN"T have the improved respawn timers, the WINNING side would snowball like in SR, which in many ways can decide the game before the 10 minute mark which is a thing many Dom players such as me dislike about SR. I hope this clarifies things for you.

Quote:
I appreciate your first response. But the reality of the situation is that's not usually how games go. Often times what happens is by the time winning team kills the the last of the opposing team there is already members who died early on in the team fight respawning
You're quite correct about this, but you fail to mention important factors. For one, the team who won the fight will often have healthy or mostly healthy survivors to deal with early respawners, which is something I actually directly mentioned and you have seemingly failed to account for [edit] lol nope I didn't.. Second, YOUR team will also often have people who died early on and such, or got too wounded to effectively contribute further and went back. I do not underestimate the 4 seconds, I'm well aware that the VICTORIOUS team can, in that 4 seconds, do exactly what you describe the losing team doing.