Learn to Die in DOM.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zombie Ryze

02-15-2012

I know this is a bit hard to understand for some/most... but MOST of the time if you have an option between running out of a team fight to save your life, or go full out and assist your team mate the best you can and die... I'll always accept the person that dies WITH ME.

If you have a 3vs3 top lets say... You are more effective to the overall game if the three of you all die near the same time if you feel you guys won't win the team fight. So you've lost this run for the top, try again! but you can't try again if two of you die, and your third went running away and gets chased to the middle of the map. In the mean time you a) get away and recall very soon after) and that's cool, or b) you end up getting killed/cut off by the 4th kicking around and now you've died after your team mates, so they now have to wait for you to catch up or as in most cases, they'll try to 2 man it top and end up just die'n again.

So I guess my point is... yes, you need to run sometimes in DOM. But don't make running out of a team fight first in your mind! I see to many people half ready to run out of the team fight before it even starts. (you know this when your still alive and fighting while your 3rd is already a few screens away with half life.

Anyway, some may counter my thought process on this one... but nothing is more bothersome then a team mate running for his life. Just die, reset and GO!

/end rant

Sauron

02-15-2012

Zombie Ryze wants us to die.

I think I see the master plan.

Bonabon

02-15-2012

I always overestimate my teammates' willingness to commit to a fight.

Viktoree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonabon View Post
I always overestimate my teammates' willingness to commit to a fight.
Can't trust randoms, live to fight another day.

Nekrogen

02-15-2012

How to die in DOM: Walk into base laser. Facing Sauron also works. Yes these are roughly equivalent.
How to die strategically in DOM: Play Karthus and die on point to prevent capture for a while.
How to die pointlessly in DOM: Walk over to your 100% screwed teammate and attempt to help him, only to be massacred yourself.
How to die majestically in DOM: Take Nunu or Galio or the like and ult on a point which is being heavily assaulted but lightly defended. Go out with a BANG.
How to die strangely in DOM: Get knocked up into the stratosphere.
How to die intelligently in DOM: Position yourself correctly and die only when escape is impossible after doing tons of damage.

Zavy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
How to die in DOM: Walk into base laser. Facing Sauron also works. Yes these are roughly equivalent.
You can live through this as Poppy. It's magnificent when you do. =D

Nekrogen

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavy View Post
You can live through this as Poppy. It's magnificent when you do. =D
.... Yeah they seriously need to fix that.... lol.

Zavy

02-15-2012

Quote:
.... Yeah they seriously need to fix that.... lol.
Heck no! LoL. It's so freaking awesome to catch someone as they're running up the ramp before they hit the healing portion of it. I've only done it once, but I've only really tried that once too.

DivineBovine

02-15-2012

See I commit and ALOT of the time my teamates decide to just ignore me and try to cap a point..and then I die

Gulrak Dark

02-15-2012

Quote:
I lived through that. Fortunately for me Sauron was in that rusty metal diving suit they call Nautilus Oh and I was playing the champ you rose to fame with and who just had his Q nerfed abit