Ashe is not a carry.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wheatbread

02-14-2012

I cringe whenever an Ashe is on my team. Its like, why bother playing this champion? You can pick a Tristana, Caitlyn, or Vayne and do 100x better.

My point being, Ashe has Damage 46.3 (+2.85 / per level)
Tristana :46.5 (+3 / per level)

Caitlyn: 47 (+3 / per level)

Vayne: 50 (+3.25 / per level)

Kog Maw: 46 (+3 / per level)

Sivir: 49 (+2.9 / per level)

Everyone says you have to go crit and attack speed on her to make her dmg like a carry. But she has the worst damage out of the ranged carries. Lets ignore items since you can put them on anyone and they are a static variable.

Tristana - >
Her passive increases range.
Rocket Jump Dmg + Slow + Escape
Rapid Fire - > Massive increase in attack speed
Explosive Shot - > DoT + Heal Debuff
Buster Shot - > Massive dmg + knockback

Vayne - >
Tumble - > +% AD Bonus on next attack. % BONUS is huge.

Silver Bullets of OPness - > The third consecutive attack or ability against the same target deals an additional 20/30/40/50/60 plus 4/5/6/7/8% of the target's maximum Health as true damage

Condemn - > Dmg + Knockback + Stun and more dmg if hit a wall

Final Hour - > More Dmg + faster move speed + Invis escape

Her passive lets her chase faster.

Caitlyn - >
Passive - > Amazing damage boost. Attacking causes a free mini crit. and a full crit on creeps.
All 3 skills do dmg and has an escape w/ the net kickback. Ult is decent long ranged finisher with high damage. (And it increases w/ AD items)

Ashe - .
Q - > no Dmg but slow
W - > Volley. fair damage but does not pierce through.applies the Q Slow.
E- > No Dmg. Adds 5g per last hit. Basically a CV built in.
R - > Skillshot arrow. Unlimited range. Nice 3.5second max stun. Decent dmg and ae splash slow.

So how is she even considered a carry? Seems more support-like to me.

Iexy

02-14-2012

Ashe is great for ganks.

Skagwatcher

02-14-2012

Uh, because she can kite like a mofo with dat slow. Her passive gives her great laning with a huge crit chance. Volley is a good AOE slow in team fights. She has THE BEST initiation out of any of the carries. Also, ignoring items on AD carries is stupid as AD carries require items the most to be effective and certain carries can be built differently for more effectiveness or can farm better. Volley is also a nice farming tool and with a non-heal support(all of which have CC) she has a better chance of picking up a kill and surviving with a slow that keeps her out of harms way.

Hyosun

02-14-2012

Being a carry is not all about raw damage. She has terrific initiation, and can poke safer than Trist or Vayne thanks to the nature of volley. If you had a pro ashe on your team recently I'm sure you'd see things differently. It's easy to praise the Vayne who has high single target dps but no one wants to give an Ashe props for having spot-on hawkshots, ults, permaslowing targets and keeping your team safe from gap closers.

Wheatbread

02-14-2012

Well if you look at the escapes of the other champions, they are a lot better. There are a lot of "leap" attacks in the game. her volley can't save her once they are on her. Whereas Vayne/Trist/Cait can escape a lot easier.
And as an AD Carry dmg is going to be the target. Otherwise you are playing as a support. I compared the skillsets of the other "carries" and they provide a lot more damage and allow to overpower.

Her skillset is much more of a support than a carry.

7thcloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

tristana and vayne are both late game heroes, trist especially. the problem with vayen is her short range. also, escape skills do not mean as much as the game goes later and later. you will need your team to protect the AD carry. that's why cait scales so badly, she is almost entire geared toward early game (range aside).

i agree, ashe seems to have a lot of skills that supports would envy, but what other AD carry has so many utility spells in late game?

Davorir Et Tuanu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

I once had an Ashe snowball me at mid by landing a surprise arrow from base. She didn't even tell me it was coming, just saw it go flying by and hit him right in the knee. I agree she doesn't do as much DPS as the other ADs, and would classify her more as a support-carry. However, this doesn't mean she's not useful to the team.

Wheatbread

02-16-2012

I think if she gets played more as support than yeah she might not be too bad. But too many try her as a dps carry and it gimps the team hard.

anecrophagist

02-16-2012

If you are given range, and the ability to slow anybody inside that range, with flash or ghost, and that is still not enough to keep you safe; you are not playing correctly. Carries are constant damage dealers, and their skills are supposed to be utilities for being successful, not nuking.

Between map awareness, and the ability to reveal a lined section of the map, an unlimited range ult, and the ability to slow multiple targets, if anyone is able to reach you to kill you; it is because they have outsmarted you/you underestimated them, and the Ashe player in mind clearly deserve to be punished, just as a Shaco who joins a 5v5 fight with deceive while all enemies are healthy will be focused, just as a Graves who dashes into the front line deserves to die.

Think about it.

1337n00bh4x0r

02-16-2012

Has anybody RUN a support Ashe? Go bot, don't last hit, take Heal and Flash, max slow first, spam the birds... It might work better than some "supports" I've seen...
And how come nobody remembers Corki!?