New shen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asukagi

02-14-2012

The new buff on shen seems like too much dont you think?

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

Too much buff on shadow dash, while all the other buff are reasonable.

Asukagi

02-14-2012

he could tank and he could deal incredible damage now

FaerellG

02-14-2012

It all sounds too good to be true. Which means it's probably true and they'll just nerf him the patch after.

Either way, I'm going to enjoy playing my favorite tank again.

But the buffs all encourage an HP tank rather than a mitigation based tank which makes Shen vulnerable to the %hp damage things out there. Whereas before, only Ki-strike relied on his max HP so by itself, it wasn't very worth the heavy HP investment. With the Q, W, and Passive changes all directly or indirectly boosting the usage of a high max HP, Shen is encouraged to build more HP.

Arsonftw

02-14-2012

I don't know, with shen being so underpowered for so long you think they would have been more careful slowly implementing changes until he was up to par. It seems like they just forgot about him for a long time and then suddenly went over bored with he buffs.
Shen was close, he just needed to be fine tuned; now hes just a monster again.

Xusa

02-14-2012

Either way, what are you building for him now? Just got a game and I made Triforce, Warmog and (almost) Aegis. Went top vs 2 getting 3/0 early game and finishing the game with 10/5/17. And I believe he is op now. And the motive is quite simple: The enemy player doesn't have a choice to or to not attack him because you can abuse shadow dash with proper cd reduction and making the right build you can be both carry, tanker and support at the same time.

FatTurtle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

keep him the way he is now.

sctwin

02-14-2012

id like to keep him the way he is now, at least for a little time. The last game I played I went 10/4/14. i wouldn't say he is too op. But even if he is, I'd like to hold on to this tank for now.

Mambazo

02-14-2012

making shadow dash a one point wonder ALONE would have taken him back to useable status. but with all the other buffs, yes, it is a little too much.

Aemon Darkstar

02-15-2012

Posted this in a GD thread-:

Fact 1: Shen was always a powerful duelist in early game. Vorpal/Feint/Ki Strike combo in 1v1's was strong as hell.

Fact 2: His sustain was always superb. It was, in fact, better before.

Fact 3: His poke was always incredibly annoying.

Fact 4: The recent buff has been to his SCALING as the game goes on. His early game has NOT been significantly changed at all (Ki strike minor boost with health, Vorpal minor nerf on damage and scaling).

Fact 5: Those QQing about how his Ki Strike reduces CD with auto attacks, in a 1v1 it was previously STRONGER since the CDR was higher and based on enemy hits, plus the damage itself was higher.

Fact 6: MOST importantly, his early game heal on Vorpal hits has been REDUCED. He actually has LESS sustain in early levels, though it evens out soon enough and with items. It's still far less than Olaf, Udyr, a smart Gangplank (not a fool who tries to keep Parrrley-ing you and eats Vorpals), or even a smart Tryndamere.

Fact 7: The overall major change to Shen is that unlike before, Shen actually scales properly into the late game. Health gives him much more solid bonuses, both with Ki strike and with the healing on Vorpal. Vorpal's scaling heal makes it a great skill in teamfights. Shadow Dash has become much more rewarding (about **** time), and one finally has reason to use Feint in a fight. His energy management has been streamlined, and he finally rewards good play.

Hope this **** makes it all clear. Won't matter to the dedicated QQers, but people curious about the rework should understand what's different about Shen now.