Shen Impressions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nekrogen

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjaja View Post
I'd build him with a double Doran's
Saw that one coming :P

Jjaja

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
Saw that one coming :P
I start my Ryze build with double Doran's.

PROBLEM?!

evilXkilla

02-14-2012

Question is: stronk or op?

MMKH

02-14-2012

I have experimented with more trollish builds in Co-op VS AI, focusing on attack speed/magic damage to abuse his new passive. Wit's End, Malady, Ionic Spark (or Nashor's Tooth), Sorc Boots, Thornmail, and probably Rylai's or Abyssal to finish off. Not the tankiest build but can probably shut down squishy carries and be better at 1v1 and pushing.

Although Fratmas seems like something that could replace probably Ionic and Malady if more tankiness is needed.

DramaticBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
So Shen base hp at 18 + Rylais + Sunfire + Aegis + Frozen mallet + masteries won't add up to be worth it you think?
Even after that the difference is minor, you're better off taking the per level ones since you can delay items if need be.

Basoosh

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMKH View Post
Although Fratmas seems like something that could replace probably Ionic and Malady if more tankiness is needed.
I was thinking Fratma's as well for potential build path. After thinking about it a bit, Rylai's + Atma's might be a potential option as well. Seems like the snare on Vorpal Blade every 3 seconds would perhaps be a bit more useful than a snare on autoattacks.

What would you even call that - Ryma's? Atlai's?

Kedali

02-14-2012

Been playing him a bit in bot games. Think I'm looking at something like aegis, merc treads, phage, zeke's, maybe wit's end. I think that will make me reasonably tanky by itself, and then I can upgrade to fratma's.

v4v3nd3774

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Unpossible. I believe people calculated it out to require like 3800+ health before the % health were better than simply running scaling health seals. You'd need Cho with full stacks, a RoA and Warmog's before they started to pay off.
What you're quoting is the health needed for the seals to become better than hp/lvl seals, which is very misleading. HP/lvl seals on their own are pretty OP, people don't realize that outclass many of the standard seals being ran, for overall effective health.

What you want to do is simply compare the HP% Quints(1.5%) vs flat HP quints(26HP), and possibly vs the other quints you could be running in the same slot.

1.5%HP = 26HP at roughly 1725~~ HP.

1725 HP with no runes, no masteries and no items is achieved at lvl 16 with Shen

1725 HP with OP HP/lvl seals, cdr glyphs(something that won't drastically impact the maths, just to make the point), mpen marks, HP% quints, 9/21/0masteries and *no items* is acheived at lvl 12(1791).

1725 HP with the above runes + masteries with a Giant's Belt(working on Rylias) is acheived at level EIGHT. And it only gets better from there, as you stack HP.

I think it's quite easy to see that the HP% Quints are quite good, especially because I have a lurking suspicion that League Craft(which this was evaluated with) doesn't consider the 3%HP talent from 21 defense correctly. In the past I've noticed they had issues with the 5%AP mastery in offense.

Rekluze

02-14-2012

Would Sweeper be worth picking up on him? I have to admit I'm addicted to the vision granted even against teams without stealth on account of all the bushes and whatnot around the map.

v4v3nd3774

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekluze View Post
Would Sweeper be worth picking up on him? I have to admit I'm addicted to the vision granted even against teams without stealth on account of all the bushes and whatnot around the map.
Sweeper is strong on any champion that itemizes heavily for HP, Ap and CDR. It's not terribly under budget when you consider the active's utility. As it is you pay 295.58 gold for 10% cdr, the passive and the active, which is not bad at all. You just have to consider that it's a midgame item and could likely need replacing if you itemcap.