Shen Impressions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MMKH

02-14-2012

I need to buy the Surgeon Shen skin, because well, I take Surge on Shen.

Nekrogen

02-14-2012

Hurrhurr.

My very first champion I ever bought on this account was Shen. This was before his ult nerfs waaaay back, so he was pretty OP. I got surgeon Shen, then he got nerfed to the ground... so I'm really happy about these buffs. I will be playing him quite a bit over the next few days I imagine.

MMKH

02-14-2012

Yeah, I used to main Shen a lot in Season One. Carried myself to high elo until people found out how to counter him (i.e. Singed, Blitzcrank). Then the meta changed and Shen got nerfed and then nobody played him since. But now that's all about to change lol.

I'm thinking of building Wit's end, Sunfire Cape, Rylais, Abyssal Scepter, and Thornmail, and either Merc Treads or Sorc Boots.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

icwutudidthere

lbgsloan

02-14-2012

I'm really surprised they added damage to his E. I was going to try him Trinity tanky DPS, but it seems tanky magic damage will be the way to go.

Nekrogen

02-14-2012

Trinity will be really core on him I think, even though the mana will be wasted. Shouldn't need much more AP than that. Maybe add a Rylais in there for some extra utility. He'll need some CDR to remain viable on the Scar, so probably Nashors or Sweeper depending on enemy teamcomp.

I would then proceed to build very tanky, ie Aegis, FoN, Sunfire, Frozen Mallet, etc. You'll want to gain a lot of health to assist with his Q passive on teammates. He might be the first champion on Dominion who can take advantage of the %health runes.

After trinity, stacking giants belts until you can build the larger items might be useful.

lbgsloan

02-14-2012

Quote:
He might be the first champion on Dominion who can take advantage of the %health runes.
Unpossible. I believe people calculated it out to require like 3800+ health before the % health were better than simply running scaling health seals. You'd need Cho with full stacks, a RoA and Warmog's before they started to pay off.

Nekrogen

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Unpossible. I believe people calculated it out to require like 3800+ health before the % health were better than simply running scaling health seals. You'd need Cho with full stacks, a RoA and Warmog's before they started to pay off.
So Shen base hp at 18 + Rylais + Sunfire + Aegis + Frozen mallet + masteries won't add up to be worth it you think?

Jjaja

02-14-2012

No pushing power and horrible damage. Great utility though.

I'd build him with a double Doran's, Wit's End, Frozen Mallet, Merc or Tabi, and Zeke's. Stick with your AD-Carry and you'll provide a ton of healing power for him (Zeke's, Q debuff) on top of the AD-carry's lifesteal, and protection (E ability, R ultimate, Frozen Mallet slow).

lbgsloan

02-14-2012

Keep in mind the benefits you get from health stacking on him now. Ki Strike only increased by 2% of health, and Q got 2% health scaling at the cost of the base heal being cut in half. Shen with max rank Q and 3000 health will heal for 82 per vorpal blade instead of 50. It's not useless, but it's not enough that I'd want all out health on him. The tired old Trinity + fatma's + Wit's End would probably be a more reasonable all around build.