A question.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stenchrot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2010

Is it possible that I , with 992 ELO, am paired up with a guy who has 792 ELO?

Because I remember seeing a post of Riot's saying that the biggest difference in ELO matchmaking is 50 ELO.

No Riot, it supposedly isn't. I could've taken a SS but I was horrified that I quit in the same moment I saw his ELO.

inb4 pics or it didnt happen

But, seriously, is that serious?

And I wonder why I lose..

MrCutieDancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2010

wow youre at 992? There is no way that losing 200 elo points from the 1200 you started at was your fault at all

AldarnX

07-25-2010

208 actually ******

Stenchrot

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFistUrSister View Post
wow youre at 992? There is no way that losing 200 elo points from the 1200 you started at was your fault at all
Firstly, the ELO reset was a big mistake. And the lvl20s who didn't have full rune pages.

I did lose some games cause I played bad, but in my 60 games I had 30 leavers.

And I'm not complaining about having a low ELO. l2u

I am asking how can I be paired up with people who have 200 less ELO than me, because Riot said that the biggest ELO difference would be 50 with the people you're matched. And sure I lose because of people that have 792 ELO.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

07-25-2010

I don't know if the the same is true for being on the low end of the ladder, but Phreak did clarify his statement for being at high elo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
I suppose I should have edited what I said. At ~1600 (+400 above normal), you're in a very high percentage of players. There just aren't going to be that many people queueing at the same time as you in the same Elo. Look up the ladder yourself and see how many people are +/- 50 of 1600. Now ask yourself for each of those players, what's the chance of 9 of them queueing at the exact same time as you?

For players around 1200, or later on as the ladder populates and there are more players at more Elo bands, you'll see much tighter matches.

Also, remember that most of the players are going to be part of a duo queue. I've searched with friends at 1600 while I was 1350. That Elo will average out to 1475 and will match with people around there, so if you're say 1550, 1475 is a reasonable Elo to match you with, and you'll see 1350 and go "WTF"!

Stenchrot

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EncasedShadow View Post
I don't know if the the same is true for being on the low end of the ladder, but Phreak did clarify his statement for being at high elo
I don't know if they were duo- queueing, no one said anything.