Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Abillity to rent Champs.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mercucial

Recruiter

07-25-2010

So a lot of people have brought up the idea of being able to try out a champ before you buy. Yeah there's the weekly rotation, but it seems some of the players out there are just too impatient, so I came up with a pretty simple idea, the ability to "rent" a champ. How it would work is pretty simple, you go into the store and instead of buy, there is an option to rent the hero for a full day or however long Riot would think is appropriate. I think it should cost a very small amount of RP (5-50) so that way Riot profits and it's pretty much a win-win situation. Those who are too impatient to wait for the free rotation can either rent the hero to see if they like him/her/it, or just fork over the IP/RP to buy them outright without testing them first. Oh and they would only be availabe for play in practice games.

Thoughts?

MaliZ

07-25-2010

Yes.

Tatl

07-25-2010

Seems like a reasonable idea. You could always just say... "Rent a Champ for # practice/normal games, for 10% of the cost in RP/IP"

Mercucial

Recruiter

07-25-2010

Quote:
Tatl:
Seems like a reasonable idea. You could always just say... "Rent a Champ for # practice/normal games, for 10% of the cost in RP/IP"

IDK about normal games, since for anyone under 30 normal games is all they have.

5n4k3

07-25-2010

I think in addition to this, if you purchase the champion outright before your time with him/her expires you get a discount. Maybe a bit less than what you paid for renting.

Tatl

07-25-2010

I don't see why not? It's your wasted IP/RP... the only place I don't want to see "rentals" is in Ranked, as the Draft system would be hurt by this. "Someone rented Shen, Shaco, Xin, Soraka and Heimer today right? Want to make sure we have them confused who we actually main."

Mercucial

Recruiter

07-25-2010

Quote:
Tatl:
I don't see why not? It's your wasted IP/RP... the only place I don't want to see "rentals" is in Ranked, as the Draft system would be hurt by this. "Someone rented Shen, Shaco, Xin, Soraka and Heimer today right? Want to make sure we have them confused who we actually main."

Practice games only IMO.

Mercucial

Recruiter

07-25-2010

Quote:
Tatl:

Well you could look at it as a waste or...

It could be cool when you have some RP left over, but not enough to get a skin or boost or anything like that.