Rise of LoL bots?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deeb

10-16-2009

Due to the low barrier of entry to make an account (free), and to accumulate a desired currency (free), LoL is going to become a bot's game.

Riot, please kill the demand for a fully unlocked account, and just sell it yourself. Otherwise, afk/surrender bots are just going to create these accounts.

Fosprey

10-16-2009

I already thought of this, the problem is that it doesn't solve the problem. Who wants to play competitively the game of a company that do not officially support decent options for a competitive community?

xilr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2009

Ya, I thought about it too... Bots will end up most of who plays, after the first month of L$L when people look at the mega-bucks or the epic grind, how long will it take to get a game? When you do get a game, it'll be disappointing to find your facing a bot or a hired farmer.

Callous Buddha

10-16-2009

That's an interesting point, but won't the bots just be in their own games? You get IP for playing practice right? As someone who has developed bots for games, I would just make a farm of 10* clusters that keep making practice games together. It would be trivial to code up something like that in a couple hours; all the bots would need to do would be join, move around to avoid idle kicks, and surrender.

There's no point in them interfering in real games, unless Riot makes Practice games not give IP.

This is an inherent problem with the commodification of in-game content. It's like the old joke:
"Would you have *** with me for $1,000,000?"
"Sure!"
"How about $100?"
"No way! What do you take me for?"
"We've already established you're a *****, now we're just haggling."

We already established that LoL is a *****, now we're just haggling. If Riot says it costs $200 to unlock everything, and someone comes along and says I'll do it for $100 then that's just the way that goes. If you want capitalism you've got to take the good with the bad.

Please study the following chart:
http://www.whale.to/b/pyramid_of_capitalist_system.html

Snooowy

10-16-2009

Callous Buddha so you say LoL should be a free game that has all content for free and gets shut down cause Riot has no money ?. Why exactly should Riot earn money they put efort in this game, that you are now playing ? If you dont enjoy it then stop playing or dont pay for it. I realy dont understand you guys even if its free to play Riot still needs money to keep the servers running and to pay the peopel that develop new heros every month. Although i think that the current prices for a virtual hero are a bit high (but in mine opinion they just need to increase the riot points you get per dollar/euro and not reduce the IP)

Callous Buddha

10-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooowy View Post
Callous Buddha so you say LoL should be a free game that has all content for free and gets shut down cause Riot has no money ?. Why exactly should Riot earn money they put efort in this game, that you are now playing ? If you dont enjoy it then stop playing or dont pay for it. I realy dont understand you guys even if its free to play Riot still needs money to keep the servers running and to pay the peopel that develop new heros every month. Although i think that the current prices for a virtual hero are a bit high (but in mine opinion they just need to increase the riot points you get per dollar/euro and not reduce the IP)
No. I didn't say that.

Punisher

Adjudicator

10-16-2009

People who make bots will have their ELO drop to the very lowest wasteland with all the other retarded bot makers. The rest of us will rise above that because we will actually have our ELO's improve. Then the bot makers can spend all day with other bots.

Cobalt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-16-2009

This won't be an issue, I can imagine. If these kind of bots do come around to existing, then here is what I think will happen. The player will accumulate many many losses, reducing their ELO enough that they will stuck in the mud with all the rest of the botters. When that player wishes to play for real, they will be trapped in bot matches and have great difficulty leaving that horrible part of the ELO ranks.

Also, Riot is tracking games, they can see when a player consistently surrenders matches at the same area of time, then they will delete or ban the account.

kamicaze5

10-16-2009

If bots are only leveled in practice games, it won't affect their ELO at all.

Mr Tibbers

10-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamicaze5 View Post
If bots are only leveled in practice games, it won't affect their ELO at all.
I doubt practice games will effect levels after release. Or if they do, it'll probably be at a very reduced XP amount.