What's swain counter at mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ayrennar

02-13-2012

Just wanted some idea's for who I should pick for counter picking swain. is there anyone that is particularly strong vs him?

He's not OP, was just wondering who does well and why

coldthrone

02-13-2012

Ignite

1nSignificant

02-13-2012

a mobile champ with a wider attack range than him?

I don't know, I don't AP mid often... :^(

Pantsukun

02-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldthrone View Post
Ignite
Yup.

Z32

02-13-2012

Kassadin used to be a hard counter because Null sphere outranged Torment, but with the range nerf they're about par and swain can trade favourably earlygame thanks to the damage amp + ranged autoattacks.

As a core mechanic swain is vulnerable to healing nerfs, high mobility and extremely high burst, while being ressistant to poking harass and sustained dps.

Akali is the posterchild swain counter, since she can avoid his snare with smart R use and can burst him through his ultimate with ease. Malzahar and Brand can perform well against them, thanks to their threateningly high levels of burst, relatively safe pokes and long range. Ryze works well because he can trade favourable at early levels. Cass can beat him decisively as well, but will lose hard if swain gains an early advantage.

Aside from Akali i'm not aware of any super-hard counterpicks to swain (to the same degree that kassadin > annie or the like). But like any other mage he can be beaten by being outplayed. Most mages outrange him with skillshot nukes and can threaten him with their burst, but most mages will also die a horrible death if they get snared.

EDIT: also Fizz. Fizz destroys swain mid, especially since playful trickster will dodge nevermove, can block torment and can break the decripify teather even after it's placed on him.

awinn

02-13-2012

I found most success with veigar. play passive though because if he starts forcing you out of lane early then you will lose the lane really really bad

BloodKaqn

02-13-2012

Anyone with a longer range than him destroys him. Even Lux.

BlGFISH

02-13-2012

I would say burst champs I have had success with. Like Leblanc,Viegar,Annie. Or champs with mobility like Katarina,Gragas.

ClemsonCarter

02-13-2012

im gonna go with AP trist. if you're not trolling. MF or trist if people let u break the meta. kat if its a normal game.

Bealzibob

02-13-2012

Fizz, Katarina, Aniv and Fiddles give me the most trouble when i'm playing swain.

Fizz and Kat for obvious reasons (personal ignite) however aniv gives me **** because of her burst+control (ie: you want to be slowing me if I attempt to approach and walling me after the icicle trade). Fiddles is a big one because of both his silence and his drain. Since swain lacks any hard cc and requires close range you lose a lot of your strength because you can't really trade.