Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nautilus Patch Notes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bonsant

02-14-2012

General
PVP.net will now wait for 8 seconds after a queue dodge before requeuing

^^^^^^^^
I couldn't be more happy!
/sadface for kennen nerf (that 1 second on shuriken could be a life saver in some situations)

Hidden Sniper

02-14-2012

Quote:
FortifyOP:
warwick's early game got even less sustain

Probably a jungle buff.

And LoL to the person saying ruining AD Sona. I don't see how they did that. Same numbers in the end, more power chord damage.

Shadowleaf279

02-14-2012

Quote:
Zelis:
why does spell vamp constantly get nerfed yet i dont think i ever see lifesteal get touched. there are so many champs that become **** near unshakeable with a wriggles lantern. at least with spell vamp you have to blow mana to get that heal, alot of times blowing it on minions as opposed to putting dmg on another champion unless you wanna sit around with low health and get thrashed.

Unless you're Akali or Mordekaiser or Vlad because those three don't have mana. But I agree, if spell vamp gets nerf, life steal should get some nerf as well.

Enthrall

02-14-2012

Support characters are tough enough to run since you are so dependent on the performance of carry you are assisting and its not as if support characters can 1v1 any carry or fighter. So then to continue to take more power from them seems unnecessary. If there damage needs to be reduced to prevent them from being used as mid champs then I hope that their durability will be increased.

I am glad to see that Shen has been buffed though.

XchaoX

Recruiter

02-14-2012

Quote:
Bonsant:
General
PVP.net will now wait for 8 seconds after a queue dodge before requeuing

^^^^^^^^
I couldn't be more happy!
/sadface for kennen nerf (that 1 second on shuriken could be a life saver in some situations)

I litterally just got our of a game where that one sec extra would have killed me, as i said before it is a huge nerf considering the dammage that it does at early game is very little, also the fact that he cant poke through creep when many other champs can. it is rediculous and riot needs to fix this.
It is also his NUKE! come on riot he was very well balanced and now he is sub par.

InnerQi

02-14-2012

I don't get the wards cooldown patch...???

SpaceDev

02-14-2012

Very Agree.. Patch preview by Morello said that sona's Power chord is untouched,
but then.... Riot... <.<

Quote:
And LoL to the person saying ruining AD Sona. I don't see how they did that. Same numbers in the end, more power chord damage.

Well its at later levels, but then ur harassing ability is reduced at early game.
Here: at sona lvl 1 & 4

-before nerf (double power chord 14+9x level):
14+9x1 = 23x2 = 46 Dmg-> lvl 1
14+9x4 = 50x2 = 100 Dmg-> lvl 4

-after nerf (double power chord 10 flat per level)
10x1 = 10x2 = 20 Dmg -> lvl 1
10x4 = 40x2 = 80 Dmg-> lvl 4

-LvL 18 (u can say it's at par or very slightly better)
14+9x18 = 176x2 = 352
10x 18 = 180x2 = 360

Problem is 8 AD at late game isn't a big deal, but 46 vs 20 damage at lvl 1 is a big deal,
to conclude, sona suffers at early level harrasing ability after the change. (This is without calculating aura nerf at early levels.)
And btw this isn't just disadvantages for AD sona, some players play sona aggressively at early games, and this does makes a bad impact.

Hane24

02-14-2012

Quote:
Enthrall:
It seemed for awhile that Riot was sticking to making small adjustments (a good idea in my mind) as a way to steadily balancing characters over time. Lately they seem to be making larger adjustments which is making some favorites less fun to play.

I am also curious about why Riot seems to have it out for healers? Support characters are tough enough to run since you are so dependent on the performance of carry you are assisting and its not as if support characters can 1v1 any carry or fighter. So then to continue to take more power from them seems unnecessary.

I am glad to see that Shen has been buffed though.

actually... a soraka can literally carry the whole team. or could before the nerf. she could kill any late kat and if they were squishy enough her silence could stomp them.

Guypyrite

02-14-2012

Quote:
Zelis:
why does spell vamp constantly get nerfed yet i dont think i ever see lifesteal get touched. there are so many champs that become **** near unshakeable with a wriggles lantern. at least with spell vamp you have to blow mana to get that heal, alot of times blowing it on minions as opposed to putting dmg on another champion unless you wanna sit around with low health and get thrashed.

This I mean really you can't stack revolvers any more but stack as many bilgewater cutlasses as you like... or even worse bloodthirsters... It just doesn't make sense to me that an item that was 20% spell vamp is now 12% and unique but then life steal which is far more annoying on more champs gets passed over every time...

Specter13

02-14-2012

Is there an option where we can NOT download this patch?

Ahri didn't need a nerf, she was balanced on release people were QQing because she was new and nobody knew how to counter her, as it was she was hard to play because her ONLY native CC is a slow moving skillshot. As it is you have to commit 100% to do full damage, even though her Q does true damage the scaling is so low it can't compare to someone like Kassadin or Veigar, and if the person your fighting has a DoT congrats, you just got zoned. And if you're fighting against someone with sustain like WW or Mord, you are going to lose the lane without help. There are just too many counters for her to need a nerf