Ask Riven

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaykoboy

02-18-2012

Riven,

I stand beside you in your belief that those in Zaun who hide behind machines are cowardly scum who would most likely break their arms if they tried to lift a sword. Zaunites...I hate 'em. Nothing like us Piltoverians. Their accents are also quite horrid.

Also, another question. Have you heard of the infamous 'Belthazor,' the person from Earth who's come to visit Runeterra? What's your opinion on him? Also, if you had a chance, would you go to Earth?

-Jay

Nwol

02-18-2012

(Of course. I'll be on. Sadly I had work I'm online most of the time)

Ask Riven

02-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkelzahn View Post
Being that he has the ability to annihilate an entire continent, then yes, I would probably bow to him.

Would you rather have a world where we all fight each other to command respect? There was such a time, and it was called the Rune Wars, where societies attempted to wipe each other out for centuries. Maybe Zilean can transport you there.
Every sentence you type makes me less sure you're actually Noxian. Let me break this down the same way you did.

Quote:
Being that he has the ability to annihilate an entire continent, then yes, I would probably bow to him. And in true Noxian fashion, in the meantime I would find a way to supplant him in power.
'True Noxian Fashion' does not refer to 'supplanting' people in power. While power is recognized, you do not simply become the leader of the High Command by defeating the previous leader. That could be looked upon as murder (or attempted murder) by the rest of Noxus. The more power you have in Noxus, the more laws you have to protect you. You do not supplant people. You can only surpass them.

Quote:
So if it's about respect, why did you continually fight for a nation which thrives on antagonizing the rest of the world? Fear or hatred is not respect.

The League archives mentioned that you were "ruthless and efficient as a warrior, [and that your] true strength lay in [your] conviction. [You] entered battles without any trace of doubt in [your] mind: no ethical pause, no fear of death."

You had no ethical pause when your nation ruthlessly attempted to subjugate everyone around them. Where you used your prowess as a fighter to put Noxus's enemies to the sword, Singed and Warwick used science to accomplish the same task of subjugating Noxus's enemies. What's the difference?
You're making me relive hard memories, and I don't appreciate it at all. I fought for the Noxus I believed in. Previous to the Ionian War, yes, I was all of that. Now, I do pause for ethics. That is the difference.

What they did to not only the Ionians, but to their own troops, MY troops, was unforgivable. The Ionians had beaten us at our own game. We were defeated. As tough as it was to admit, my battalion was ready for an honorable death. But then everyone died instead. All in the same disgraceful, excruciatingly painful way. Everyone but me. I don't think you could ever understand how that feels. I believed that Noxus was better than this. I still do. There are things that need to be changed to make it so.

Quote:
Singed is a deplorable creature, and his mentor Warwick even more so, but you would rather have a Noxus where the worth of a person is judged by their physical prowess? Do you want Noxus to descend into barbarism, where those who are not physically strong are culled? Are people who "hide behind creations" worthless?

Are the scientists in Piltover, who may not be able to have the strength to win a duel, equally unworthy and weak despite being the most progressive nation in the world, whose inventions and knowledge have made life better for many people? Heimerdinger is a yordle, and a small one at that. In a swordfight, he probably couldn't do a thing. Would you say he is weak and unworthy?
I've never claimed physical prowess to be the deciding factor of power. Just look at Swain or Katarina. Neither of them would win a fistfight. But neither have trouble fighting in the league.

Noxus will never be like the barbarians. We have laws to prevent that. Like I said before, the laws protect those with power from those with less. Faced with a tougher foe, a barbarian would likely gather his allies to defeat him, and be crowned the victor. If you were to do that in Noxus, you would be weak and unlawful. That is the difference between us.

Name one person besides Warwick or Singed who ascended the ranks of Noxus without power of their own.

You mention Piltover for some obscure reason. Things couldn't be more different between the two city-states. You also mention Heimerdinger. As a warrior, yes he would be extremely weak. As a strategist, he is exceptional. While I still don't believe he should be on the battlefield, he would make an excellent commander if he focused his efforts on war and human efforts (which I doubt he would ever do).

Quote:
Would you rather have a world where we all fight each other to command respect? There was such a time, and it was called the Rune Wars, where societies attempted to wipe each other out for centuries. Maybe Zilean can transport you there.
The Rune Wars were fought for the reasons any war is. There is no one reason. The only difference was that they destroyed the world more than they destroyed the enemy. To be honest, if it weren't for that, I'd prefer magic over science. At least in magic you would need to train yourself and focus and fight in person. That takes a great amount of skill. Moreso than running away and throwing chemicals.

(OOC: My head hurts. Arguing in the persona of someone else is hard. Can we stop this? :P)

Mordenn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2012

Do you think the soul of Noxus could be salvaged?

Ask Riven

02-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ętherwrack View Post
Dear Riven,

Specifically, how many gropers and chauvinistic pigs have you beaten half to death?
Too many to count (especially in the military). Luckily, I'd only have to count them once if I had to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
Riven,

I stand beside you in your belief that those in Zaun who hide behind machines are cowardly scum who would most likely break their arms if they tried to lift a sword. Zaunites...I hate 'em. Nothing like us Piltoverians. Their accents are also quite horrid.

Also, another question. Have you heard of the infamous 'Belthazor,' the person from Earth who's come to visit Runeterra? What's your opinion on him? Also, if you had a chance, would you go to Earth?

-Jay
I don't know much about him. But from what I've heard of 'Earth', it's probably not the place for me. Noxus is my home, and I want it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordenn View Post
Do you think the soul of Noxus could be salvaged?
With the right methods, yes. I hope this can come to pass in the future. Noxus hasn't strayed too far yet. We can definitely bring it back to its rightful place.

Ryugi Kazamaru

02-20-2012

((I'm only sad and jealous that I didn't do this myself and make an account ages ago when I wanted to. XP))

Dear Miss Riven,

I simply wanted to say that you are on the top of my list of favored champions. Your skillset is easily the one that synergizes with my preferences more than any other. Aside from that, I find your courage and resolve in the face of the overwhelming burden of your past to be nothing short of admirable. Your determination to stand true to your new-found beliefs is quite the inspiration, and moves me to try and become a better summoner, if only so that I may support you in your goals.

I could go on to say more, but you've already expressed your distaste for the more romantic side of things. That being the case, I will respect your wishes and end this statement here lest I tread too dangerously into that topic. Thank you for being you, Miss Riven.

With respect and admiration,
Ryugi "Kaz" Kazamaru

Heil Teemo

02-21-2012

Dear Riven,

Which of your fellow League champions do you admire? Specifically, if you could, which quality would you take for yourself, and from who?

Jaykoboy

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryugi Kazamaru View Post
((I'm only sad and jealous that I didn't do this myself and make an account ages ago when I wanted to. XP))

Dear Miss Riven,

I simply wanted to say that you are on the top of my list of favored champions. Your skillset is easily the one that synergizes with my preferences more than any other. Aside from that, I find your courage and resolve in the face of the overwhelming burden of your past to be nothing short of admirable. Your determination to stand true to your new-found beliefs is quite the inspiration, and moves me to try and become a better summoner, if only so that I may support you in your goals.

I could go on to say more, but you've already expressed your distaste for the more romantic side of things. That being the case, I will respect your wishes and end this statement here lest I tread too dangerously into that topic. Thank you for being you, Miss Riven.

With respect and admiration,
Ryugi "Kaz" Kazamaru
He's trying to court you too. Feel free to take a nutshot or two.

Mordenn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
He's trying to court you too. Feel free to take a nutshot or two.
God forbid interest be displayed.

Heil Teemo

02-21-2012

Anyone else feel like this has become less of an advice column and more of a Vanity Faire article?