Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1a73caa06d11976cd3b1c

Member

04-23-2013

Riven,

I received your letter. Thank you for taking your time to speak to me regarding this matter.

However, I would, if you find it fitting, wish to prolong this discussion.

You see, there is a lot of philosophy behind these things. I know, it would hardly be proper from me, a simple barbarian, to be involved with philosophy, but I am certainly entitled to my own opinion, and I decided I would share mine with you and also, ask for yours. Every summoner brings something into the battle.

Certainly, you, champions control the outcome of the battle with your sets of superb abilities, powers and strengths, but there is something in us too, that makes us unique. I bring my barbarian mindset into the battle. The summoners with pedigree are certainly at a greater advantage then I am, as they are able to fully grasp the core of summoning and excel rapidly, reaching wealth and glory in no time. I, however, am not able to do so. I come from a tribe. Destruction is what I was trained for and prepared for all my life. Summoning a champion to the battlefield requires finesse, tactics, and great accuracy. All I have to offer is bloodlust and endurance. In the fight, as well as in peace, my actions are determined by my chieftain. If my chieftain says 'You will retreat from this battle right now!' I will have to do it without questioning it, even if I believed I had a chance to make a remarkable contribution to the skirmish. But here, I have no chieftain. There is no one to tell me what to do. I am meant to be guided by being barked at. This is simply how I function, what I am used to. When there are no orders, I am clouded with confusion. I am not used to having responsibility or to make a decision that will impact all of the others. This is something for the chieftain of the tribe to do, as his words are the words of our ancestors, and we must bow to their requests. So, instead of being an individual, I need someone to listen to. Many summoners I encounter belittle their champions. Isn't it somewhat peculiar, to see the champions, the colossal, immortal forces of legendary strength, controlled by us, puny weaklings? You would not believe to which extent some summoners are going to underestimate you as for who you are. They say they own you, that you are completely dependant on them, that they decide your fate! Doesn't this anger you? It angers me! I for one, try to make my champion into my 'chieftain' and fulfill their wishes for the duration of the battle. I often lead the Sinister Blade into battles. I have nothing but words of admiration for this woman, as her cruelty is only outmatched by her strength. When the battle starts, nothing but her wishes is important. If she wishes to taste blood, then I must make haste and make it happen at the first available opportunity. I must truly learn what she stands for, what are her personal goals, so that I can synchronize them with my own, to make us both benefit from their accomplishment. Do you think that a summoner and a champion could ever co - operate on that level, Riven? To both strive towards their goals, helping each other on the way? All I have seen so far is the summoners, greedily fighting for their own causes, disregarding their champion's needs. Because the champions are the ones who I can understand. The summoners fighting alongside me can only be jealous of my success and triumph over my failure, but the champions will be the ones who will keep me fighting, their will for us both to succeed will render everything else unimportant.

So many questions, Riven, so many topics to discuss yet there is not enough time for me to write my heart out and hear an opinion of a true champion. What do you think about all of this? Are the summoners mere tools that the champions use to channel their might through? Or are the champions, as said by some summoners, silly little items belonging to them?

What makes a summoner and a champion work well together?

Is this even possible?

Hopefully, I will not turn out to be a nuisance to you. If I do, however, please, do feel free to point it out. I will certainly understand.

Summoner Tanno Battleborne, Of Clan Battleborne


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xcyper33

Senior Member

04-23-2013

I'm curious on how you feel about birth Riven. Not if you plan on it or not, but the very idea of someone like you, who's caused much destruction and death, bringing new life into the world. I know that you're atoning for your sins but do you feel like it is unfair for you to ever bring new life into this world because of actions in the past?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

04-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSE Katarina View Post
Riven,

I received your letter. Thank you for taking your time to speak to me regarding this matter.

However, I would, if you find it fitting, wish to prolong this discussion.

You see, there is a lot of philosophy behind these things. I know, it would hardly be proper from me, a simple barbarian, to be involved with philosophy, but I am certainly entitled to my own opinion, and I decided I would share mine with you and also, ask for yours. Every summoner brings something into the battle.

Certainly, you, champions control the outcome of the battle with your sets of superb abilities, powers and strengths, but there is something in us too, that makes us unique. I bring my barbarian mindset into the battle. The summoners with pedigree are certainly at a greater advantage then I am, as they are able to fully grasp the core of summoning and excel rapidly, reaching wealth and glory in no time. I, however, am not able to do so. I come from a tribe. Destruction is what I was trained for and prepared for all my life. Summoning a champion to the battlefield requires finesse, tactics, and great accuracy. All I have to offer is bloodlust and endurance. In the fight, as well as in peace, my actions are determined by my chieftain. If my chieftain says 'You will retreat from this battle right now!' I will have to do it without questioning it, even if I believed I had a chance to make a remarkable contribution to the skirmish. But here, I have no chieftain. There is no one to tell me what to do. I am meant to be guided by being barked at. This is simply how I function, what I am used to. When there are no orders, I am clouded with confusion. I am not used to having responsibility or to make a decision that will impact all of the others. This is something for the chieftain of the tribe to do, as his words are the words of our ancestors, and we must bow to their requests. So, instead of being an individual, I need someone to listen to. Many summoners I encounter belittle their champions. Isn't it somewhat peculiar, to see the champions, the colossal, immortal forces of legendary strength, controlled by us, puny weaklings? You would not believe to which extent some summoners are going to underestimate you as for who you are. They say they own you, that you are completely dependant on them, that they decide your fate! Doesn't this anger you? It angers me! I for one, try to make my champion into my 'chieftain' and fulfill their wishes for the duration of the battle. I often lead the Sinister Blade into battles. I have nothing but words of admiration for this woman, as her cruelty is only outmatched by her strength. When the battle starts, nothing but her wishes is important. If she wishes to taste blood, then I must make haste and make it happen at the first available opportunity. I must truly learn what she stands for, what are her personal goals, so that I can synchronize them with my own, to make us both benefit from their accomplishment. Do you think that a summoner and a champion could ever co - operate on that level, Riven? To both strive towards their goals, helping each other on the way? All I have seen so far is the summoners, greedily fighting for their own causes, disregarding their champion's needs. Because the champions are the ones who I can understand. The summoners fighting alongside me can only be jealous of my success and triumph over my failure, but the champions will be the ones who will keep me fighting, their will for us both to succeed will render everything else unimportant.

So many questions, Riven, so many topics to discuss yet there is not enough time for me to write my heart out and hear an opinion of a true champion. What do you think about all of this? Are the summoners mere tools that the champions use to channel their might through? Or are the champions, as said by some summoners, silly little items belonging to them?

What makes a summoner and a champion work well together?

Is this even possible?

Hopefully, I will not turn out to be a nuisance to you. If I do, however, please, do feel free to point it out. I will certainly understand.

Summoner Tanno Battleborne, Of Clan Battleborne
Summoner,

You're asking me a great many things in your letter, and I'm not really sure how to respond to all of them. However, I suppose I can answer it most simply by saying that the best way for a summoner and a champion to interact is if they work well together as a team. Summoners like yourself, who are used to battle and following orders, can mesh well with a champion such as the Barbarian King. Your knowledge and his knowledge can combine to form the best team.

Some champions do not mesh well with their summoners, but I think they must realize that they must work together with their chosen champion to achieve victory. If either the summoner or the champion are out of sync with one another, the duo fails to perform. A champions ignoring their summoner will find themselves in trouble, and a summoner working contrary to their champion's skills and abilities will find themselves in a bad situation as well.

Summoners may earn the influence to bring us onto the fields, but for them to consider us their property, rather than individuals with our own goals, strengths, weaknesses and personality, is simply wrong. We belong to no one but ourselves and our goals, and though we may fight in the League under their permission and guidance, for them to forget we are, in fact, living individuals, is foolish and insulting. We fight for our own goals, not for theirs.

- Riven


Quote:
Originally Posted by xcyper33 View Post
I'm curious on how you feel about birth Riven. Not if you plan on it or not, but the very idea of someone like you, who's caused much destruction and death, bringing new life into the world. I know that you're atoning for your sins but do you feel like it is unfair for you to ever bring new life into this world because of actions in the past?
Summoner,

It seems that every time you ask a question, it is one that borders on being offensive and rude. Is there a reason you seek to ask these sorts of prying questions? At the very least you could endeavor to ask them in a less derisive and cutting manner...

That said, I have no strong feelings on the subject. I suppose there is some sort of irony there, but that would be true of any individual who has taken life. A Demacian father who killed hundreds of Noxian soldiers raising children is ironic, just as a Noxian woman bearing a child after having served. Some may look at such a thing and see a chance to replace the lives taken with something else, and have a chance to teach them to be better people than they, the parents, were.

Birth is as much a part of life as death. Everyone has a beginning, and everyone has an end. However, what we leave behind is less important than how we have lived. Regardless, I haven't put much thought into children. Out of all the things that make me uncomfortable, children are one of the things that make me so because of the reasons you mentioned. Hands as stained as my own...have no business touching or rearing something so pure...

- Riven


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1a73caa06d11976cd3b1c

Member

04-24-2013

Riven,

Thank you, yet again, for shedding some light on the matters that picked my interest. I really enjoyed our conversation! It is rare that I get to ask a champion something this serious. I am usually told by others that you, champions, have very busy lives devoted to training and fighting, so you would spend all of your free time either alone or with your people. Again, if you don't mind, I will read your letters to my chieftain. He likes to hear a good clash of thoughts every now and then, though, sadly he can't read by himself. I am sure he will be impressed by what you have to say, as he is always looking to learn more about the League, the champions, and summoners. Thank you for giving some of your time to me! I really appreciate it. I hope as the time passes, that we will share many words.

Summoner Tanno Battleborne, Of Clan Battleborne


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

04-24-2013

Summoner,

I'm glad to have been able to be of help. If you want to read my responses to your chieftain, I see no reason to suggest otherwise. Hopefully your time as a summoner will be more enjoyable with some perspective.

- Riven


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Nami

Senior Member

04-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
Tidecaller,

A pool party... I see. Well, the last time I participated in such an event, I found myself in some very awkward situations... I mean, I know how to swim, so it wasn't that. Just...some interactions with a few individuals were...uncomfortable. You know I don't really enjoy such social things. However...if you can find the courage to face new challenges every day, things you don't understand or things that make you feel uncomfortable...

I suppose I could make an appearance... Just a short visit couldn't hurt, right? Besides, I consider you a friend, and...it would be rude to turn down such an invitation. Thank you for considering an invitation for me.

- Riven

Riven,

It's great to hear that! The party wont be for a little while now as I've still got some planning to do and such, I'll be sure to send an invitation to you when everything is ready.

- Nami


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unexisted

Senior Member

04-25-2013

Miss Riven here, this is for you.

R- Is for reasonable, your understanding way.
I- Is for inspire, others seek your guidance.
V- Is for valor, your strength.
E- Is for exquisite, who could argue?
N- Is for neatness, your orderly way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

04-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Nami View Post
Riven,

It's great to hear that! The party wont be for a little while now as I've still got some planning to do and such, I'll be sure to send an invitation to you when everything is ready.

- Nami
Tidecaller,

That's good, I suppose. It will give me some time to prepare. I will keep an eye on my mail for your next letter, then. Take care.

- Riven


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unexisted View Post
Miss Riven here, this is for you.

R- Is for reasonable, your understanding way.
I- Is for inspire, others seek your guidance.
V- Is for valor, your strength.
E- Is for exquisite, who could argue?
N- Is for neatness, your orderly way.
Summoner,

That is an interesting...poem? I'm not sure what it is, exactly, but I guess it's interesting.

- Riven


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unexisted

Senior Member

04-26-2013

Well, every name has meanings in them. Name actually have influence in people. I had did some study on your name and other champion actually.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

04-26-2013

Summoner,

I think you're foolish if you think your name has anything to do with the kind of person you are. All you did with the above was place words that started with the same letter as in my name. I don't think that has anything to do with the "meaning" of my name. People make themselves who they are. Their name has nothing to do with that...

- Riven