Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

02-17-2013

Summoner,

All those things are tacky and meaningless. They're temporary. Roses will always die. Chocolate will rot or be eaten. And stuffed animals are the toys of children. I'm not a child, and I don't believe in temporary measures for something that is supposed to be as meaningful as expressing one's feelings.

So, no, I don't like them...

- Riven

Àsk Kayle

02-17-2013

Riven,

It is quite an irksome sight to see you running around in those heels and that... suit... To think the summoners pay up to have you walking around in that in the fields, the nerve... How do you deal with that awful excuse of protection? It looks so uncomfortable...

Um, best to change topics,

I would like to know your thoughts on those willing to side with you and your goal to save the pure Noxian vision that you believed in. Would you accept the assistance or carry it out alone?

Ask the String

02-18-2013

A letter would arrive for Riven sometime later, signed by the Maven herself.

Quote:
Dear Riven

You are hereby officially invited to Sona's Lunar Revel Concert. A small concert for a group of champions to celebrate the Lunar Revel. Hope you can show up.

P.S. - It's not to late to decide to sing your song.

-Sona, the Maven of the Strings.

Ask Riven

02-18-2013

Quote:
Àsk Kayle:
Riven,

It is quite an irksome sight to see you running around in those heels and that... suit... To think the summoners pay up to have you walking around in that in the fields, the nerve... How do you deal with that awful excuse of protection? It looks so uncomfortable...

Um, best to change topics,

I would like to know your thoughts on those willing to side with you and your goal to save the pure Noxian vision that you believed in. Would you accept the assistance or carry it out alone?
Judicator,

I deal with that horrible thing out of necessity, not choice. If I had my way, I would never wear such an awful garment into combat. Unfortunately, things are as they are, and I cannot change what has been set in place.

As for the other question, I would much prefer to save Noxus with my own hands. However, if I must request help, I would sooner request the help from fellow Noxians before looking elsewhere. Noxus is such that it must be saved from within, not without. It is our way... However, knowing that I have support outside of Noxus itself makes me feel more secure in my ability to succeed.

- Riven

Quote:
Ask the Strings:
A letter would arrive for Riven sometime later, signed by the Maven herself.

Dear Riven

You are hereby officially invited to Sona's Lunar Revel Concert. A small concert for a group of champions to celebrate the Lunar Revel. Hope you can show up.

P.S. - It's not to late to decide to sing your song.

-Sona, the Maven of the Strings.
Maven,

I am flattered by your invitation. I might drop by to make an appearance, but I don't think I'll stay. As you may know, I'm not exactly the social type... As for singing, I still don't think I could do such a thing. It just...isn't me.

- Riven

Unexisted

02-19-2013

Quote:
Ask Riven:
Summoner,

All those things are tacky and meaningless. They're temporary. Roses will always die. Chocolate will rot or be eaten. And stuffed animals are the toys of children. I'm not a child, and I don't believe in temporary measures for something that is supposed to be as meaningful as expressing one's feelings.

So, no, I don't like them...

- Riven

Riven why are those things tacky and meaningless? What is meaning full for you? I mean I know they are temporary but so is life, human dies sooner or later that inclue anything that's alive. Chocolate are food they rot if you don't eat it, fruits and meat too. Stuffed animals is not just for only children, its for anyone who think they are cute( mostly girls). Riven so what's meaning full for you?

You only live once in a life time and there no second chance. What do you live for? You said you want to reach your goal then thinking about having family right? what if your goal takes up your life time? Then you will never able to have a chance to do the things you never done before. Riven I don't know if you knew this but....true meaning of living is living for other people, people wants to live because of others. Riven can you imagine what would be like of every else is gone in this world and only you left? what would you do? If it really happen, who do you felt hate with? who you felt love with? How alone will you felt? Is there any goal left for you to reach anymore?

Riven....do you know what people felt most regrat with later in their life? its not because of failing or not trying, its that they never had the chance to do the things they had never wish to do and now they want to give it a try but its too late, they won't have that chance no more because their body is not able to or their times is almost up. Why so rush about life if you going to die anyways? why not just do your best and die happy with no regrats? Riven just like I said before...Goal is not meant to be reached, its only meant to be aim at. So what if you haven't met your goal, what is goal? Riven did you know that the things you hate can turn out to be the things you like if you give it a change?Even your worst enemies can become your best friends and allies if you give each other chance.

Don't you see Riven? Everyone is mainly seaching for one thing in their life, everyone looks differently because everyone starts out on different road and been through different things. Sometime some of us can't find the things we are all seaching for and felt like giving up. It's because they were lost and couldn't find the way out of this big world and went to the wrong direction, all of us and each one of us is actully seaching for the place they belong and felt loved. Its our main desire. Those who are trap and lost need someone who knows the way out and help them. If you had many people with you they can help you and guide you.(support each other and share feelings).

Riven you are a beautiful, tough and extremely strong willed woman, other people needs you, specially a man you might felt in love with need your help. Maybe he's trap and lost somewhere and couldn't find a way out. He may felt lonely and depair....(extreme low self-esteem and no confident is a killer to all men, If a man don't have those two things they won't able to stand back up.)..will you let him take your hand? He's waiting for you out there, he needs you Riven.

xduplicated

02-19-2013

Quote:
Unexisted:
Riven why are those things tacky and meaningless? What is meaning full for you? I mean I know they are temporary but so is life, human dies sooner or later that inclue anything that's alive. Chocolate are food they rot if you don't eat it, fruits and meat too. Stuffed animals is not just for only children, its for anyone who think they are cute( mostly girls). Riven so what's meaning full for you?

You only live once in a life time and there no second chance. What do you live for? You said you want to reach your goal then thinking about having family right? what if your goal takes up your life time? Then you will never able to have a chance to do the things you never done before. Riven I don't know if you knew this but....true meaning of living is living for other people, people wants to live because of others. Riven can you imagine what would be like of every else is gone in this world and only you left? what would you do? If it really happen, who do you felt hate with? who you felt love with? How alone will you felt? Is there any goal left for you to reach anymore?

Riven....do you know what people felt most regrat with later in their life? its not because of failing or not trying, its that they never had the chance to do the things they had never wish to do and now they want to give it a try but its too late, they won't have that chance no more because their body is not able to or their times is almost up. Why so rush about life if you going to die anyways? why not just do your best and die happy with no regrats? Riven just like I said before...Goal is not meant to be reached, its only meant to be aim at. So what if you haven't met your goal, what is goal? Riven did you know that the things you hate can turn out to be the things you like if you give it a change?Even your worst enemies can become your best friends and allies if you give each other chance.

Don't you see Riven? Everyone is mainly seaching for one thing in their life, everyone looks differently because everyone starts out on different road and been through different things. Sometime some of us can't find the things we are all seaching for and felt like giving up. It's because they were lost and couldn't find the way out of this big world and went to the wrong direction, all of us and each one of us is actully seaching for the place they belong and felt loved. Its our main desire. Those who are trap and lost need someone who knows the way out and help them. If you had many people with you they can help you and guide you.(support each other and share feelings).

Riven you are a beautiful, tough and extremely strong willed woman, other people needs you, specially a man you might felt in love with need your help. Maybe he's trap and lost somewhere and couldn't find a way out. He may felt lonely and depair....(extreme low self-esteem and no confident is a killer to all men, If a man don't have those two things they won't able to stand back up.)..will you let him take your hand? He's waiting for you out there, he needs you Riven.

Love it.

ali0280

02-19-2013

Quote:
Unexisted:

Same here!! Love your way of thinking.

Ask The Beserker

02-19-2013

((unexisted.... you provided me with the greatest coincidence ever cause i was just about to propose a little RP rough romance between Beserker here and Exile Beauty... so far my best (worst) idea yet.))

Olaf had his axes holstered onto his back. He was carrying something he thought he never would. A little letter.

"Rrhhh..."

"C'mon Olaf... You can do it."

He was accompanied by his caretaker Mack.

"It's simple Olaf, just send it to her."

"I... Can't..."

Olaf is struggling just to hand the letter off to be sent to the Exile Riven.

"Olaf, you've beat a whole team by yourself when your team failed... You can send a simple love letter to her."

"Errgg... I want to... But I CAN'T"

He rips the letter. Mack sighs.

"I hope 109th times the charm... Let's go."

Olaf grumbles as he leaves wondering when will he, the most bravest in Lokfar, get enough courage to send that one letter.

((so you wanna roll with it or no Riven?))

Ask Riven

02-19-2013

Quote:
Unexisted:

Summoner,

You know what I would like? I would very much like if everyone else would stop telling ME how to live MY OWN life and just live theirs! All that mushy stuff about love and happiness and fluffy butterflies and flowers and snuggling isn't for me, okay! It isn't meant for someone like me! It's stupid dream. It isn't reality. Reality is that all attachment brings is pain, loss, and suffering. Flowers are cheap, temporary, and ultimately meaningless. They bring you momentary comfort before fading away into death without even a whisper. Chocolates are the same way. They're eaten, they taste good, but they're temporary. They mean nothing.

I don't care if my goal takes my entire life. I don't care if it KILLS me along the way, but at least I can die knowing I fought for something with every ounce of strength I had. That I never gave up fighting for something that I believed in with every fiber of my being. Life isn't about experiencing everything life has to offer. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived. I lived all of my life, up until everything I loved and cared about was stolen from me by the very thing I had sworn to love and protect with all I was, following someone else's dream, listening to what everyone else had to say.

And do you know what it got me? Absolutely nothing. It killed me in every sense of the word other than my spirit moving on. My friends, my family, people that loved and trusted me all died, and there was nothing I could do to save them. I killed men, women, children, all in the name of some disgustingly flawed ideals of what strength meant. You want to know the part that tears me up the most? I took more lives than I can even remember. I can't remember half of their faces... I stole away the best years of their life for something I found was flawed, wrong... Can you even comprehend what that feels like? Can you even grasp what that does to me?

You talk about my happiness as if I deserve to live my life for myself. I do not, Summoner. Until my debts are repaid to all those that have died for me, or because of me, my life is forfeit to them, to the victims of Noxus' greed and corruption. They have no voice of their own...because I stole it from them. I am all they have, and yet you're telling me that I should simply "forget it" and "move on" and "just aim" for my goal and never reach it? Would you like to be the person who tells their spirits that their voices couldn't be heard because the only person fighting for them decided to go live her life for herself? To settle down and have a family somewhere with someone they cared about? Could you kneel down and speak to a little girl and tell her she didn't matter anymore because of that?

I will NEVER put a single person before all of them. I don't care how needy they are. To value one life above another is revolting... You say there are no second chances in life? You're wrong. I was GIVEN a second chance to live my life in a way where it could mean something, where I could give something of meaning back to those I had hurt, and no amount of cuddling and sweet nothings will ever compare when I can look back on my life, and smile, knowing that I gave all those lives meaning, that I brought them peace, and ensured a future without more needless violence and bloodshed.

THAT is what is meaningful to me, Summoner. That thought is what motivates me to fight, and fight with everything I have. I'm not just fighting for myself, but all those I killed, for all those I failed... I died once before, and this time around, I want to fight for the right reasons, and make a difference. And until that goal is met, I have no other purpose in this life. The sweet and loving woman that you want doesn't exist, Summoner. She cannot exist so long as my goal remains unfulfilled. You can give up on your goals if you want, settle for less, but I refuse to accept that.

So long as I breathe, I will never stop fighting, and I will not change my path. If you cannot accept that, then I'm sorry, but we have nothing else to discuss.

- Riven

Quote:
Ask The Beserker:

((so you wanna roll with it or no Riven?))

((Simply put, no. I have no interest in romance with Riven right now. Goals/duty first, anything else, including love, second. Sorry big guy, but Riven doesn't consider herself on the market.))

makmix

02-19-2013

((dangit, but at least this.... Olaf will still think of you, he just won't truly commit to even as send a simple single letter))