Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Talon

Member

02-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
Talon is not an exile. He is doing his duty as a servant to Du Couteau, and trying to find him. Technically, he isn't even part of the military. He is simply a Noxian that serves a General on the sidelines.
Right. What about the other half of the question you so skillfully avoided.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eredaar

Senior Member

02-28-2012

Dear Miss Riven,

I just realized this, you and your sword "work together" to create bursts of energy/ reforge the sword, so per say could someone use runes like the one on your sword and actually fight with only that ( note, I know that is basically what happened in the rune wars however I am talking about someone with little magical inclination otherwise)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

02-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
I think she's just tired of dates. Let her go, guys.

Riven,

Were you aware that someone is trying to craft a parallel dimension where you and Lux are attracted to each other?

-Jay
(OOC: You would...)

Yes, I'm well aware of it. It's just as ridiculous as every other piece written about me. One of the reasons I'm here, I suppose, is to find out why these stories keep popping up... They're not accurate at all... And it's a little uncomfortable to be fantasized about... I guess this comes with the fame of being a champion. But I'm really not used to it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientShad0w View Post
Right. What about the other half of the question you so skillfully avoided.
My apologies. I suppose I didn't make it clear before. I was distracted. Talon is, to me, just another Noxian. I respect his skills, even if he is on the dark side of things. I'm grateful that he hasn't fallen prey to the degradation that's affected other Noxians. I assume the reason is because Du Couteau trained him. He always was a remarkable General. Perhaps a little too cocky for his own good, however.
But yes, I don't have much of an opinion of him other than that. He keeps to himself, and I do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eredaar View Post
Dear Miss Riven,

I just realized this, you and your sword "work together" to create bursts of energy/ reforge the sword, so per say could someone use runes like the one on your sword and actually fight with only that ( note, I know that is basically what happened in the rune wars however I am talking about someone with little magical inclination otherwise)
Well, yes, they could. I'm not a mage in any regard, so I can't comment on the process. But I recall seeing many examples of this in the League itself. It's just strictly controlled these days. I imagine people could get away with small experiments and spells with runes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaykoboy

Senior Member

02-28-2012

(OOC, what does 'you would' mean?)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Algarik

Member

03-02-2012

Hey Riven how are you?

Sorry it would be more appropriated if introduce myself before acting like I really know you. I’m Algarik and I’m summoner that loves to summon you in my battle. I must admit that when I first bought the right to summon you, I was pretty upset with the fact that I was not able to win a single battle with you. I apologize for all pain you have endured because of my fault… But I trained so hard, and finally understood your unique battle style, maybe summoning Tryndamere is not a good for talent! Now i win most the battle that I summon you.

Im also a big fan of you, thanks to your fighting style and your strength. I also like the fact that your one of the rare women who is somehow beautiful and don’t dress like a *****. I got plenty of questions to ask, but I don’t want to upset you, so I will start with four.

1. Me and my girlfriend where arguing about which armour fit you best. I think the one that look better is the redeemed one, but she prefers the crimson elite suit. So I would like to have your opinions, which one do you like the more? It would be nice to know it because I could summon you with your favourite one.

2. What do you think of Taric? I’m asking this because when you were teamed with Taric, in one of my battle, you and he did so much ravage that enemy team surrended after twenty minutes! That happens quite often now.

3. Finnaly, feel free to response to this one, because it’s a hard one. Can you explain what is strength and power to you? I mean, you talk a lot about true Noxus, and power, but what does power mean to you?

4. May I ask you more questions?

Also I would like to offer you to ask me any question, which would be fair because you bring me so much fame and influence. I would also offer you to listen any of your request, if you face any problem I would love to help you out.

Ps: Im not trying to date you, has I already said I got a girlfriend and I love her, so I don’t plan to cheat on her…
Ps2: I apologies for my awful English, its not my first language…
Ps3: If you don't understand anything let me know!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Victorious Fiora

Senior Member

03-02-2012

Riven. Exile of Noxus.

I have read up on you since joining this League, and I must say I am quite intrigued by you. Would you by chance have some time to get together and meet for a friendly sparring match?

As another woman who follows a code by the blade, I am sure we would get to know one another much better with a duel, then what words could ever do.


-Fiora Laurent, Grand Duelist


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

03-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algarik View Post
Hey Riven how are you?

...

1. Me and my girlfriend where arguing about which armour fit you best. I think the one that look better is the redeemed one, but she prefers the crimson elite suit. So I would like to have your opinions, which one do you like the more? It would be nice to know it because I could summon you with your favourite one.

2. What do you think of Taric? I’m asking this because when you were teamed with Taric, in one of my battle, you and he did so much ravage that enemy team surrended after twenty minutes! That happens quite often now.

3. Finnaly, feel free to response to this one, because it’s a hard one. Can you explain what is strength and power to you? I mean, you talk a lot about true Noxus, and power, but what does power mean to you?

4. May I ask you more questions?

Also I would like to offer you to ask me any question, which would be fair because you bring me so much fame and influence. I would also offer you to listen any of your request, if you face any problem I would love to help you out.

Ps: Im not trying to date you, has I already said I got a girlfriend and I love her, so I don’t plan to cheat on her…
Ps2: I apologies for my awful English, its not my first language…
Ps3: If you don't understand anything let me know!
I'm grateful to hear you spent some time getting to know how I fight. I'm no good with names, forgive me, but I'll try to keep this in mind the next time we fight together.

1. What fits me best? Hmm... They all have their unique aspects and symbology that mean something to me. But if I were to pick one, I don't think it would be the Crimson Elite. That was a part of my distant past, and I don't feel particularly fond of it.
I think I prefer my 'redeemed' look, as it seems to be called. While the armor doesn't have the expected effect while fighting in the League, it does come in handy while fighting normally. Not to mention that it isn't revealing in the slightest, which I appreciate. It was also a gift to me, which I will treasure.

2. Taric is a strong companion when he's on your side. He can help set up some excellent combat manouvers while keeping his allies both safe and empowered. I respect his strength, but I don't think I can consider him a worthy sparring partner. His movements are slow and predictable.

3. To me, power is the ability to achieve your goals and desires through your own means, regardless of the obstacles. Power is the ability to excel beyond your peers. Power is the summation of the time you spend honing your abilities in order to better yourself. It is your potential as a warrior, as a leader, and as a human being. Thus, it is to be respected, and not tainted by roundabout and backdoor methods.

4. Feel free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Fžora View Post
Riven. Exile of Noxus.

I have read up on you since joining this League, and I must say I am quite intrigued by you. Would you by chance have some time to get together and meet for a friendly sparring match?

As another woman who follows a code by the blade, I am sure we would get to know one another much better with a duel, then what words could ever do.


-Fiora Laurent, Grand Duelist
I'm rather busy for the next few days, but perhaps after that, we can have a match. I'm also interested in how our techniques will collide. We should arrange this at a later date.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Algarik

Member

03-03-2012

Wow thank you a lot! Itís an honour to talk with you. Thatís not a compliment, thatís a fact. Your someone with a strong will to change what you think good and that is truly respectable. Thank you to have answered all my questions. I still got some more, but before I must tell you that I agreed with all you said about strength and power, but I disagree with the ability the excel beyond your peer. I think strength is the ability to excel beyond what you actually are, to improve yourself. I think itís the ability to face your Ďífateíí and pass trough obstacle. Well thatís all opinions, mine is not better than yours. I will ask you more question now!

1. When I look at you, I donít see any scar, thatís pretty rare for a warrior. Are you so talented that you never been hurt enough to gain a big scar or your using some kind of magic potion that restore skin appearance?

2. Sometime I ear you saying Ďí My spirit is not lostíí. Are you saying that your soul or your spirit is tainted by some kind of evil? Are you talking about your sanity, your honour or your dream? What exactly do you want to express with this sentence?

3. Is Riven your real name? Because it would be a nice nickname to fit your present situations since it mean something broken or torn apart. I donít wanna know your real name, unless you really want to tell it to me, but Iím curious because I donít think itís an coincidence if your actual name is ĎíRiveníí.

I will offer you again to ask me question or help if you want to. As I already said, I would love to help my favourite champions of the league. Thank you again

- Your devoted summoner, Algarik.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quiksilvur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-04-2012

Riven,
Judging from your outlook on power, would you say you frown upon the combat techniques of some of your fellow champions? Several of them do not fight head on, with their fighting styles being more unorthodox, and, depending on your point of view, cowardly. Singed, Twitch, and Heimerdinger come to mind off the top of my head. Personally, I find such diversity in combat to be very refreshing, whereas outside of the League, you get run of the mill warriors who are all straightforward fighters. Thanks for giving us a glimpse into your thought process!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Irelia Bot

Senior Member

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiksilvur View Post
Riven,
Judging from your outlook on power, would you say you frown upon the combat techniques of some of your fellow champions? Several of them do not fight head on, with their fighting styles being more unorthodox, and, depending on your point of view, cowardly. Singed, Twitch, and Heimerdinger come to mind off the top of my head. Personally, I find such diversity in combat to be very refreshing, whereas outside of the League, you get run of the mill warriors who are all straightforward fighters. Thanks for giving us a glimpse into your thought process!
I can't answer for Riven on twitch and Heim but to at lease some degree Singed has already been answered.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Katarina View Post
Dear Riven,

Holding true to Noxian tradition and ideology, do you plan to assassinate Singed at some point?

- Katarina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
Singed is a coward and relies on others and supplements to be on par with other Noxians. I'm confident he'll get what he deserves sooner or later. My only fear is that he'll do it to himself before anyone shows him how weak he really is.

Assassinate is not the right word, but I will destroy him if he stands in my way. The world will be a better place with him gone.