Whispers of the Past (Semi-Open RP)

1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ovalusc1

Senior Member

3 Weeks Ago

Sign-ups are now Closed.

Rules:

Please post a request to join first so I can make sure your character follows the rules.

No champions allowed in this role play.

Please follow these guidelines with your character:
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4357224
I will decide if a character is too OP, but if you follow those guidelines you should be fine.

No sexual stuff in this thread.
Please do not post anything that would get this thread closed.

This RP has an actual story so please do not request to join unless you are willing to stay the entire duration. While I cannot threaten you with anything if you up and leave, it would be very rude of you.

I will give everyone a reasonable amount of time to respond to events. The more important the event the longer you will have, but if you make us wait too long I will either make up an action for your character or have them do nothing.

As always, when you are typing out of character during an RP make sure to type in double parentheses ((like this))

Backstory:
The College of Magic in Demacia sends out some of its mages to search for ancient magical knowledge and magical artifacts. A temple was recently uncovered in Shurima that is unlike the other temples found there, and this interests the College. They are going to send one of their researches, Vintath Thelmair (http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/867) to lead an expedition from Demacia to the Shuriman temple. While normally on such a dangerous expedition Demacia would send guards, for political reasons the Demacian government cannot officially condone this expedition. Because of this, the College has sent out fliers around the city which your character read that brought them to this RP. The fliers read as follows:

Quote:
Swords for hire wanted!
The College of Magic requires guards for an expedition into the Shuriman wastes for magical knowledge. The journey will last several weeks and will be well supplied. All mercenaries will be paid (insert a lot of gold here) for their assistance.

Inquirers should ask at the College of Magic. Show the secretary the flier and he will send you where you need to go. The expedition will be leaving soon, so apply soon!
When your character goes to the College of Magic they are directed to Vintath’s office, a simple room with all walls lined with bookshelves and a simple oak desk with a chair in front of it.

Current Participants:
Vintath (Ovalusc1)
Fio Donnelly (FioDonnelly)
Vikktoria Slymonivoy (AskTwistedTreant)
Hammdog (ThisBeHammdog)
Allira Falco (Cryypter)
Rin Mao/Jin (Farnbil)
Nerethis (Neroth)
Glastonbury (holyfafnir)
Dante Jones (PheonixOfOrder)


Here Starts the Roleplaying.
Vintath sat at his desk, reading a book about what little was known about Magelord magic techniques. Their language had been decoded only recently but he was already fluent. Their magic interested him greatly and he couldn’t wait to learn more. He hoped a good amount of adventurers would answer the fliers, but he knew that he would have to go with however many signed up. They had to see what was inside that temple.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FioDonnelly

Senior Member

3 Weeks Ago

(( Like I said before, I would love to join this RP haha
here is my character link: http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/3774 ))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ovalusc1

Senior Member

3 Weeks Ago

((Looks good, I like the stealth mechanics))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Quinn n Val

Senior Member

3 Weeks Ago

((I like the idea, would have to look through my OCs to see which would fit well, already have one in mind but at the same time I'm not sure about my availability, I'd hate to have to drop out due to IRL stuff. ))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FioDonnelly

Senior Member

3 Weeks Ago

Fio had been selling off her most recent finds in Demacia when a flier had caught her eye. She clutched this in her hand as she walked briskly through the cobblestone streets, her pocket full of coins making a nice jingling sound with every step. Although Fio didn't care much for the College of Magic, exploring was one thing she could not resist. She wasn't much of a fighter but with her experiences with Shuriman ruins perhaps they would accept her for a guide. Of course, if it came down to dancing dirty Fio had no qualms about throwing a few punches herself. She was especially concerned about the fact that it was a Shuriman temple they'd uncovered. It was another blow to her already low self esteem around her explorer image and it stung that a group of foreigners had found something that she'd missed.

She entered the College of Magic, expecting many people to be there. From what she'd experienced from mages they would all be jumping at the chance to gain more knowledge or power and yet, Fio found the area to be deserted. She couldn't tell if it was from lack of interest, fear or perhaps her earliness that had led to the empty place. A slight cough alerted her to the only other person in the room - a secretary. Fio strode over the the secretary in confusion, not knowing what to do. It was after a few minutes that the secretary motioned with his hand for Fio to relinquish the crumpled flier she'd been holding on to that she understood. With a sniff, the explorer dropped the wad of paper on his desk and waited until he nodded and directed her towards what she presumed to be the meeting room.

Fio tread lightly with her feet barely making a noise on the floor and poked her head around the doorway. She caught a glimpse of the man inside but quickly ducked back out before he could spot her. He seemed like a typical mage, what with his staff and cloak. She took a moment to calm herself with a few deep breaths before walking into his office. She rapped smartly on a wooden bookshelf to alert him of her presence and attempted a weak smile. "I got your flier."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ovalusc1

Senior Member

3 Weeks Ago

((We'd love to have you if you could make it, Quinn))

Vintath looked up from his book as Fio walked into his office. After she spoke he laid it on his desk and said, smiling warmly, "Thank you for coming. Before I officially accept you on the expedition I would like you to sign this waiver." He took a piece of paper from his desk and slid it across the table. "It basically explains that this is going to be a very dangerous expedition and, as such, absolves the College of any blame in the case you die. You dying is unlikely, of course, since only someone who is skilled in combat would answer the flier..." he said the last part with added emphasis, as though asking 'You are skilled in combat, right?'

The paper seemed a bit long for only saying what Vintath said it contained. "I'm Vintath, by the way. Do have a seat."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FioDonnelly

Senior Member

3 Weeks Ago

"More papers to look at?" Fio took the paper from the desk and read it over. She didn't like reading long and boring things as the words seemed to blur together. Her brow furrowed in concentration as the mage explained the purpose of the waiver. "Yea I get it. Just don't want someone's blood on your hands, yup." She smoothly lied through her teeth, the only signal being a slight pause before she spoke. "Fighting? Ye-up. That's no big deal. We shouldn't get into too much trouble anyway," she examined her rugged hands, "Shurima isn't all that dangerous."

There was nobody to make much of a fuss if she died on this trip besides perhaps a few unpaid fences, so Fio took a quill and messily signed her name on the waiver. She slid it back onto the desk for his approval before seating herself on a chair across from him. Fio frowned and fidgeted on the wooden frame, crossing her legs and tapping her fingers. "My name's Iui- Fio. My name is Fio." She spoke while gazing at the books lining the walls. "Anyone else coming?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThisBeHammdog

Senior Member

3 Weeks Ago

((I'd love to join this, but timezones might screw me over for the fourth time. If I were to enter, I'd go with this guy: http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/2999))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ovalusc1

Senior Member

3 Weeks Ago

((That character looks fine. The relationships are... interesting :P))

"No one else yet, you're the first to answer," replied Vintath, looking over the form to make sure everything was in order. "All right then. We should be ready to leave in a few days if everything goes according to plan." He took out a piece of paper that had what appeared to be a message and the College's official seal on it. He handed it to Fio. "If you need a place to stay for the time being you can give this to the inn across the street and they'll let you stay free of charge. Make sure you stay out of trouble if you use it, we're on thin ice with them after a recent... incident. Come back here at noon in three days' time unless I send a message saying otherwise. Thanks for coming!"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AskTwistedTreant

Senior Member

3 Weeks Ago

((Mind if I join? My OC is here))


1234511 ... 12