Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion Strategy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gogkiller

02-13-2012

Hey guys,

I am confused on a solid strategy for Dominion. Usually everyone starts with the 3-4 top and 1-2 bot. But after that things get a little crazy with people doing their own thing.. resulting in what I think is chaos even if we win... any tips on how to get these people I don't know on board? And to help my knowledge of this game play too?

Thanks!

Imwetoddid

02-13-2012

Try to adapt to them more. If they're rushing off in to the jungle dying and you're dying alone at the node, you're both wrong.

Nekrogen

02-13-2012

In solo queue, focus on where your team needs you the most. Usually there is at least 1 dedicated bottom laner to avoid a loss of 2 points bottom, but if you are not this person you should assess where you think the enemy will strike next and either decide to defend against them (if you think you can) or assist another teammate in assaulting a less guarded point to maintain your point advantage.

To be honest, the reaction part of Dominion comes with experience and is what seriously differentiates Dominion from Classic.

Makestro

02-13-2012

Quote:
Imwetoddid:
Try to adapt to them more. If they're rushing off in to the jungle dying and you're dying alone at the node, you're both wrong.

^

when I find myself with a team that is scattered I normally stick with someone and hope for the best. you can always try to act like a captain and ask people to do thing but sometimes that backfires and someone gets super butthurt. What I've started to do lately is if we don't have a tank I play one and run around supporting everyone else.

EinzigerAI

02-13-2012

Quote:
Nekrogen:
In solo queue, focus on where your team needs you the most. Usually there is at least 1 dedicated bottom laner to avoid a loss of 2 points bottom, but if you are not this person you should assess where you think the enemy will strike next and either decide to defend against them (if you think you can) or assist another teammate in assaulting a less guarded point to maintain your point advantage.

To be honest, the reaction part of Dominion comes with experience and is what seriously differentiates Dominion from Classic.

Pretty much this, you just have to keep playing. Eventually you'll start to understand how the game flows and you'll begin to know where you need to be at certain situations. All in all you'll improve in time, mostly in just basic map awareness.

vNaK

02-13-2012

Most of the time, I will take charge and kind of motivate my teammates and guide them to where they should be at. Like sometimes when there is 1v2 our side being 1 at bottom, our whole team rushes down there, I would type and let em know we only need 1 extra person down there, while the rest goes top.

The game does get chaotic though, because sometimes you are better off capping top 3 or bottom 3, and sometimes it's all over the place. You have to be able to adapt quick to the various game plays in Dom. There isn't really one set strategy that works over and over.

One thing you should learn is to be more aware of your map, this is one of the key things in Dom. You can somewhat predict enemy movements if you notice not all of them are on the screen. I've countered many people trying to get our mid, because I knew and also I noticed a recurring pattern within certain players in game.

Basoosh

02-13-2012

So many people don't use the fog of war, it's rather sickening. So the biggest thing you can use to your advantage is the global map sight.

If you're behind in capture points, go where the enemy team is not defending. Often times that means ganking bottom lane and drawing people away from the top side of the map. If you're ahead in capture points, camp a speed shrine and wait and see what the opposing team does. When they show themselves, you can hit the speed shrine and rush off to defend whichever node they are attacking.

There's of course more to it than that, but that is a huge basic skill that the vast majority of people do not understand.