Assist mechanics?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaxTurtle

02-13-2012

So it's around midgame and we're are clearly in the lead. I just ressed at spawn as Sona. I buy my stuff, press E for some move speed and start going to bottom lane to help our Ezreal survive a 2v1 at our tower. Shen's nearby, so he gets the move buff too.

Our Karthus was up at top, dunno why, and gets into an ugly 3v1. Shen ults to try and save him, but Karthus dies anyway. But he ults and kills one of them.

Both Shen and I get an assist point from the kill. Shen I can understand getting an assist point, but I find it funny that I would get an assist point too. So how does the assist mechanic calculate who gets an assist and who doesn't?

On another note, can someone tell me why Karthus is considered to be an autopusher?

SacredWinds

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2012

Ive gotten an assist by just clicking r as soraka if a fight is across the map. It makes sense i guess if they were low hp and i saved them with my heal

Ghostboa

06-01-2013

I know this is a rather old post, however it may be interesting to someone.:

Karthus got a kill for dropping an enemy below 1hp
Shen got an assist for shielding Karthus
Sona got an assist for buffing Shen (who got an assist)
Therefore Sona helped in the play, getting some credit for the kill

I hope that clears things up a bit for you.

CLG Uzi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTurtle View Post
So it's around midgame and we're are clearly in the lead. I just ressed at spawn as Sona. I buy my stuff, press E for some move speed and start going to bottom lane to help our Ezreal survive a 2v1 at our tower. Shen's nearby, so he gets the move buff too.

Our Karthus was up at top, dunno why, and gets into an ugly 3v1. Shen ults to try and save him, but Karthus dies anyway. But he ults and kills one of them.

Both Shen and I get an assist point from the kill. Shen I can understand getting an assist point, but I find it funny that I would get an assist point too. So how does the assist mechanic calculate who gets an assist and who doesn't?

On another note, can someone tell me why Karthus is considered to be an autopusher?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Baylenson

06-04-2013

You get an assist if you give your teammate any kind of aura or heal or even a speed boost so say you have a sona with Runic, anyone with the runic buff will be giving you assists. you gave shen a buff he went and got an assist/kill therefor you also got an assist.

Your evil cat

06-04-2013

I often abuse this, when i need gold for wards as a support. I just make sure to heal or shield an ally that is about to kill an enemy.

gest13

06-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your evil cat View Post
I often abuse this, when i need gold for wards as a support. I just make sure to heal or shield an ally that is about to kill an enemy.
I main support, and this is how I farm

PogoPogoPogoPogo

06-04-2013

It's good to know all the methods of being able to get an assist without risking stealing the kill for any champion you're playing on. Not every champion can do this, not even every support can do this, but there are plenty of ways.

One thing that I've come across...

While a shield is pretty much a guaranteed way to get an assist (even if your shield takes no damage and even if you shield a full health champion), a heal is less consistent.

I've found that healing a full health champion gives no assist.