Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Change /surrender to 10 minutes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flexhibition

02-12-2012

Greetings,

I'm getting a little tired of teams that are so terrible, they have a 1:12 kill ratio within the first 10 minutes of gameplay (5v5 classic). I feel like I'm forced to remain in the game dragging out another 10 minutes until we can /surrender. Not a fun scenario, in fact I just got a suspension for afk'ing the last 10 minutes of a game where 4 lvl 30's randomly invited me for organized, then proceeded to tank with the aforementioned ratio by the 8 minute mark (thanks for the invite guys, but I'll queue solo).

I realize there is a 20 minute timer to most likely discourage organized team feeding, but wouldn't you be able to track abuse of that mechanic another way? Forcing players to delay the inevitable, or punishing them for afk past 10 minutes because of other players' poor play, is misguided.

Time to hop on the smurf account,

Flex.

TeddyTeemo

02-12-2012

yeah i get those a lot.....
i always get afkers or people feeding with 10+ death by end of a 20 min game.....
getting punished like this is seriously sad for me....

canadiangreen

02-12-2012

its happens....unfortunately there is no real way to stop it from happening. at least its not as bad as playing ranked with people who clearly don't belong in ranked play because they can only play ONE role/champ.

Flexhibition

02-12-2012

should it have to happen though? I don't mind losing. I -do- mind wasting my time in a video game.

OhNoesMahNose

02-12-2012

~Downvotes incoming~

I pretty much hate the surrender option as is. Nothing worse then playing a game against a team made up of 2/5 early game chars lb/shaco .etc and having your team surrender because those characters are fed. Well you know what? They fall off, hard. Just because you've gotten tired of getting stomped at 15 mins doesn't always mean the god **** game is over. Hell lots of the chars that I play blossom mid-late game. Is it really that hard to play smart and bide your time to the 30 min mark where these chars will begin to become useless? Not saying that it doesn't happen but rarely is a game completely hopeless by the 20 min mark. Maybe its just because i'm in the 1200s~ but feeding early game chars does not lose games, however getting frustrated and running into their team 3v1 to blow off steam is not going to help. Don't get me wrong when an ad carry has been fed to all hell and it's a proper comp and we're ~20 kills and a few dragons down I know its over. /rant

Shaidyn

02-12-2012

The last thing I need is people voting to surrender at the 10 minute mark because our team didn't get first blood.

ADGarner

02-13-2012

The real problem with this suggestion is that the winners deserve to play out their winning game. Is ten extra minutes too much to ask? A lot of people only have time for one game per day. If it's a winning one at least let them play till 20!

iblist

02-13-2012

I've played games where we completley bombed the first ten minutes and then turned around and dominated the other team by the eighteen minute mark.

Seriously, don't surrender unless all your inhibs are down and the enemy is wailing on your last nexus tower.