Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is it worth having a jungler on Twisted Treeline?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narcmo

02-12-2012

I've been playing a few ranked 3v3 games now and it seem that quite a few teams run two solo lanes and then a jungler. We usually won these games because our duo bottom lane could harass the living daylights out of their solo and get the bottom tower really fast. So it is worth it to have a jungler, and if so, who jungles really well on TT?

HamHams

02-12-2012

Jungler worth it if he can actually gank and solo bot can handle 2v1
bot being ken/morgana mostly

Good junglers in 3s are usually shyv, lee, udyr, and sometimes jarv

just depends if the jungler gets early kills, sure the level advg is nice, but if there arent any ganks then it isn't effective

SharkPiledriver

02-12-2012

A while ago I used to jungle Xin Zhao on TT. He loses out to really fast junglers like Shyvana, but we usually won anyway.

I've seen jungle sion done to great effect as well. Lee Sin can do it too but he's a much more powerful laner in TT. I've also seen a surprising amount of Amumus on TT, but they don't jungle since no blue buff.

The problem is, people who clear creep waves easily generally don't hyperscale hard enough to be used on TT. The exceptions I can think of are Mundo, Jarvan, Sion.

EDIT: Oh, I've also jungled Nasus on TT. It works.

Wheredigo

02-12-2012

I'd have to disagree with shark. Lee sin is the king of the jungle. he has the best ability to jump on that map. and yes a dedicated jungler is really important, especially in higher ranked games. lower you can get away with 1 bot 2 top with one counter jungling. but if you have a strong jungler that can jump well always do it

Boo

02-12-2012

if bot can survive laning phase, then yes, it's worth it.

Narcmo

02-12-2012

So would a good team comp be Kennen bottom (I play him), maybe wukong or mundo top, and then have Jarvan or Udyr jungle. Also, where do you start when you jungle in TT? What are the common paths?

BloodDrum

02-14-2012

Jungler is part of 3v3 meta game now, if your bot can handle it, and neither lane, especially top doesnt push, and jsut last hits, you will score so many kills, as shaco i can get early gohst or wolves, even with 3-4 shaco puppet nerf, and gank soon or jungle slow till wriggles when lvl 6 with ult, drago nsolo easy, but its all about the junglers ability, speed and cc is relaly needed, good luck and as more if youy need help

Deldo

02-14-2012

blitz is fun to jungle with in 3's.

Prefix

Recruiter

02-14-2012

NO!!!!!!

Unless you wanna win then yes.

Sam

02-14-2012

Quote:
Wheredigo:
I'd have to disagree with shark. Lee sin is the king of the jungle. he has the best ability to jump on that map. and yes a dedicated jungler is really important, especially in higher ranked games. lower you can get away with 1 bot 2 top with one counter jungling. but if you have a strong jungler that can jump well always do it

Lee Sin isn't king :P I'll tell you that right now My team always allows the other team to take it. Not a lot of players are really good with it.