Jax..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Polyou

02-12-2012

Going straight to the point,

I feel that Jax get ridiculous endgame no matter what. So he doesn't stack dodge now but his cooldowns are so low. Maybe its just me, I'm not sure. I am not the guy going around Nerf this and Nerf that. All i want to know is how do i counter Jax?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

I Cookeh I

02-12-2012

Just dont feed him early game and use a good dps champion like shyvanna or irelia

SpacewardTrout

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-12-2012

While it helps if he doesn't get fed early game that doesn't really matter honestly. I play Jax, and I'm still fairly new to the game. Basically, I often die a lot early on. But even then by the end of the game I just hit a point where I start racking up triple kills and the such and it becomes harder to take me down. Even I'm not completely sure what that point is to tell you the truth.

But to answer your question his biggest problems are probably with stuns, snares, damage over time, etc. At least when I play him. Teemo, for example, with his blinds, slows, and poison, is one person I can never take down easily, if at all.

Polyou

02-12-2012

Thank you again for the suggestions. when i play twitch i usually drop him fast but now that i main rumble its a little harder. i think my biggest problem his how much damage jax can do in 3 hits. i just wish there was a away to counter act it.

Wylade

02-12-2012

He's like Vayne: Unstoppable late game. All you can really do is focus him down and hope for the best :/

Chogull

02-12-2012

Since the recent changes to Jax he does seem to do more dmg. On the flip side he doesnt get nearly as tanky as he did before late in games due to the change made to his passive. Right now he strictly an assassin. Before he was tanky dps...his passive used to give him bonus HP depending on how much AD/AP he had.
Jax can be bursted down like any other melee assassin like Talon, Poppy, Akali.
Your team should focus him earlier in fights and your tank should keep him away from your squishy AD and AP carry.
Try not to kill him with melee attacks...youre better off CCing him or bursting him down from range. Only initiate on him if you know for a fact his counter strike(dodge/stun) ability is on cooldown.

SpacewardTrout

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chogull View Post
Your team should focus him earlier in fights and your tank should keep him away from your squishy AD and AP carry.
Try not to kill him with melee attacks...youre better off CCing him or bursting him down from range. Only initiate on him if you know for a fact his counter strike(dodge/stun) ability is on cooldown.
^I agree there. Since he can dodge all basic attacks and stun with that, you really want to avoid being up close if he uses that. Ranged is your best bet, but at the same time he'll probably focus on you if you're ranged, a threat, and well...squishy.

And if you're not so sure his counter strike is on cool down but you need to initiate anyways for whatever reason, make sure all of your abilities are ready since he doesn't dodge those. Hit him with all you've got, and try to make sure you're out of range by the time his stun kicks in, but don't forget he can close gaps too. Personally I like to start counter strike then use leap strike to make sure I'm close enough.