The competitive guide to AP Koggy.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Klazzix

08-21-2010

Rekirts, is there any sure way Kog can get a kill before level 6 against a decent opp? I try so hard but **** gets frustrating after a while and feeding them feels inevitable.

Rekirts

08-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazzix View Post
Rekirts, is there any sure way Kog can get a kill before level 6 against a decent opp? I try so hard but **** gets frustrating after a while and feeding them feels inevitable.
Not unless they're over aggressive, you don't have enough burst with your Void Ooze. Focus on farming until 6. At six you should be a powerhouse and should be able to push them back/kite and kill.

OniKedamono

08-21-2010

Yes I love playing with the noobs for practice in the sense that they are dumb enough to stand in the ult..... at the same time I'd like some better practice. I just don't feel like doing a lot of unranked on my own, prefer to work on my rank instead. Still struggling in the intro ELO range (Though I was lucky in my last game, my internet suddenly had HUGE problems out of nowhere and I thought I was going to ruin it... enemy team let me farm after missing several minutes of game (<3 for them trying to not be cheap... unless they really just didn't try to kill me) and my teammates were all good) and would like to get out sooner than later.

If Kog'maw gets the changes they have listed it won't seem like he'll need as much attack speed if he's going an AD route. Obviously big AD items would be great on an AD Kog'maw then....... but I'm wondering about others. I'd half hope Wriggle's Lantern would work great on him as I'd love an excuse just to have the item for more wards.

Thankfully with the AD Kog'maw buff it looks like we can kind of choose how we will play based on our team which is for the best. AP is fun but I'd like AD to work well when needed too.

Azure Balmung

08-22-2010

so, you posted on my thread and told me to check it out, it seems like it would work well 5v5, but i play 3v3, where there are much less team fights and more one on one or two on two time, would it still work the same?

Rekirts

08-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure Balmung View Post
so, you posted on my thread and told me to check it out, it seems like it would work well 5v5, but i play 3v3, where there are much less team fights and more one on one or two on two time, would it still work the same?
Oh god you're playing TT? I have absolutely no idea man. I'm probably the worst twisted treeline player evarrrrr.

Thinking about it, Kog'Maw does not sound like a strong pick for TT, but I could be absolutely wrong.

Azure Balmung

08-22-2010

i do fine with him TT, i did a bit better with my original hybrid build than when i tried your build, but i could have just been bad at it, anyway you could possibly test it and get back to me on that?

Cyrenic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2010

So looks like it's a straight up buff for AP Kog. I'll still level Q last, I think, but the passive will be nice for boosting W's damage output.

Redenbacher

08-24-2010

Do you think with the new Caustic Spittle, AD will become more viable?

The one time I have a tough time with this build is against tanky teams. I'm curious to find out if, in the event I am against another team of tanks who stack HP, going AS/AP would fare better... not forgoing the Sorc boots and HG combo, of course. I'm thinking same core, with the exception of Arch Angel, and instead go Nashor's, Madred's, focusing on Q and W first. Getting 10 hits in those 6 seconds should be fairly easy with the new Q and all that bonus AS.

Rekirts

08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure Balmung View Post
i do fine with him TT, i did a bit better with my original hybrid build than when i tried your build, but i could have just been bad at it, anyway you could possibly test it and get back to me on that?
I really dont' play TT. This is a Summoner's Rift guide. I have no idea how effective this is on Twisted. Kog doesn't seem like a strong character on TT because he relies on getting to 6 and 11 asap, which doesn't happen on TT (right?) until the games already decided.

Rekirts

08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrenic View Post
So looks like it's a straight up buff for AP Kog. I'll still level Q last, I think, but the passive will be nice for boosting W's damage output.
Sexy AP buff! Woohoo. I'll update the guide.