The competitive guide to AP Koggy.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rekirts

08-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamabet View Post
I went 10-8-11.

Pretty good score considering I had a baddie Teemo who bought 3 maladies.

Eek, I remember those days. Keep on practicing, and hopefully rising in the Elo brackets.

Rekirts

08-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusbolla View Post
Unless +20 magic penetration = +20% DPS in early game, it's still not worth it. I'm not saying that Haunting Guise is a bad item; it's just much more important to max CDR first.

Oh and if you rush Sorc Shoes and Haunting Guise and your opponent didn't buy any MR items yet, then you are wasting 10 magic pen.

To your second question, at level 3 ult. The ult does 250% total base damage to champs. This means it does 200/300/400 damage +0.3 AP ratio.

edit: WOWOWOW http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=207501 is all I have to say. The era of the AD Kog is incoming!!!
'Wasting' magic penetration is not bad at all. Dealing true damage against your target will deal far more damage than stacking AP (or god forbid, your CDR nonsense (which we already approach with my build)).

And holy ****. This kinda pisses all of my guide much. Back to testing every AD build in the game for him again. The changes do sound nice though, AD might be viable. Guess we'll find out if this goes live amirite? Can't really complain about a buff to my favorite hero though. Magic penetration will STILL be vital for his ultimate... But I'm thinking Rageblade might be awesome on him. Build in AS... wow. This will be interesting to say the least. I'm not even sure what build order to max first. AS and armor reduction seems vital, but so is the slow and the range on Bio-Arcane... Maybe three levels of Void Ooze, max Q and W, finish Void Ooze, R when you can? I have no idea. Again we'll see when (if) this hits live.

Cyrenic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekirts View Post
And holy ****. This kinda pisses all of my guide much. Back to testing every AD build in the game for him again.
My thoughts on the patch notes (which will probably change a lot before they hit live, heh): I'm not sure if it'll change the AP playstyle that much. I think it'll still be best to focus around his ult, so Tear (but not archangels) will remain important. You'd then get magic pen and AD, kinda like on AD Katarina. Bloodthirsters would actually be pretty good on newKog, since he farms so quickly and doesn't die very often.

I think it comes down to that 0.5 AD ratio on his ultimate. If it gets nerfed or removed I dunno what I'll do then.

corpsemaker17

08-13-2010

@ Rekirts

just wanted to credit you with my best game ever. 25/2/13
it was a blast. i freakin love this champ now.

Nuxar

08-13-2010

Wow, just saw that patch...

The age of KogMaw....'s cries of being op is nearing....

I, as an exclusive Koggy user since day 1, find that 0.5 AP ratio is WAY to high. Right now, if I solo mid and do decently, I can get around 300 AP easy with Archangel and Mejaj. That would add bout 100 to an already 160 dmg abilty; Thats 260 dmg to minions and all but thats ~400 dmg (unresisted) on a ~1 sec cooldown ult with crazy range.

With 0.5, lets redo:
If I took the same items, I would go to bout 300. Then, 160 + 150 (with 0.5 ratio) = ~300. Thats only to minions. Upon champs, it deals 450. It might not seem alot 50, but on that sort of ult, it can be devastating.

So my conclusion, 0.5 is slightly too much. There would be swarms of noobs coming to cry about how OP he is with such an abilty.

Then again, his Q remake is quite beautiful. It synergizes perfectly with his W and plus doesnt even affect AP Kog. His W change with no AP ratio is hardly anthing to be worried, I would only get bout 1-3% more if I even go for a slightly more AD/AP Kog.

Now, about your guide;
It is very well written and very, VERY true. He is good against squishy carries, cant go up vs everyone and etc...beautiful job OP on the guide

Diomedea

08-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuxar View Post
Wow, just saw that patch...

The age of KogMaw....'s cries of being op is nearing....

I, as an exclusive Koggy user since day 1, find that 0.5 AP ratio is WAY to high. Right now, if I solo mid and do decently, I can get around 300 AP easy with Archangel and Mejaj. That would add bout 100 to an already 160 dmg abilty; Thats 260 dmg to minions and all but thats ~400 dmg (unresisted) on a ~1 sec cooldown ult with crazy range.

With 0.5, lets redo:
If I took the same items, I would go to bout 300. Then, 160 + 150 (with 0.5 ratio) = ~300. Thats only to minions. Upon champs, it deals 450. It might not seem alot 50, but on that sort of ult, it can be devastating.

So my conclusion, 0.5 is slightly too much. There would be swarms of noobs coming to cry about how OP he is with such an abilty.

Then again, his Q remake is quite beautiful. It synergizes perfectly with his W and plus doesnt even affect AP Kog. His W change with no AP ratio is hardly anthing to be worried, I would only get bout 1-3% more if I even go for a slightly more AD/AP Kog.

Now, about your guide;
It is very well written and very, VERY true. He is good against squishy carries, cant go up vs everyone and etc...beautiful job OP on the guide
0.5 AD ratio, not AP.

Nuxar

08-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrild View Post
0.5 AD ratio, not AP.
Oh sh**...

Rekirts

08-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrenic View Post
My thoughts on the patch notes (which will probably change a lot before they hit live, heh): I'm not sure if it'll change the AP playstyle that much. I think it'll still be best to focus around his ult, so Tear (but not archangels) will remain important. You'd then get magic pen and AD, kinda like on AD Katarina. Bloodthirsters would actually be pretty good on newKog, since he farms so quickly and doesn't die very often.

I think it comes down to that 0.5 AD ratio on his ultimate. If it gets nerfed or removed I dunno what I'll do then.
Regarding the patch, yes you and I are correct, I still think stacking Magic Penetration is the way to go (similar to, as you said, AD Kat). Therefore, Archangels, Sorc, Guise, is still the core build I think. Afterwards however... I'm thinking Guinsoo's Rageblade may be the best option. Relatively cheap (@ 2200 if I'm not mistaken...), and awesome for the stats for any character who can use the stats, which we can. With the AD ratio on our utlimate, AD is no longer such a useless stat as it was before! Again this is theorycrafting, as its not even live yet, but...

Archangels
Sorc Boots
Haunting Guise
Rageblade
Elixers time!!! (Maybe green will be the most important, for the coveted AS first, if we start using Bio-Arcane more often)...

= just under 8000 gold, and provides us with 49 magic penetration (with runes), can approach near 200 AP (even more with blue elixer), sufficient mana regen, and some AD and AS (dont forget the built in AS from our new Q) to take advantage of Bio-Arcane Barrage. Hmmmm.

Problem is I have no idea what skill order we'll be using. The slow is pretty important, AoE nuke, helps farm... But maybe we can keep it at rank three? Still a powerful slow, and then max our Q for the AS buff and single damage nuke, finish our Bio-Arcane Barrage about the time our Rageblade will be done, and then finish Void Ooze last...

E>W>E>Q>E>R>Q>W>Q>Q>R>Q>W>W>W>R>E>E

Next problem, no suriveability outside of Guise. Bummer much. Zzz. I have no idea how to work this. Maybe even drop the Archangels, and I'll assume you guys can convince your team to give you golem all game. I have no idea.

Just throwing some ideas off you guys, gimme your imput as you see fit. Specifically on what build to try or skill order with the new patch.

Is Q even worth it? Seems like it I think... -50 armor and build in AS is pretty sexy, also even deals more damage to a single target then Void Ooze. Ugh. Lemme hear what you guys think...

KhaoticImp

08-14-2010

Try replacing Cleanse with Clarity/Ghost and skip archangels? The Magic Pen still benefits all of your abilities but AP got a swift kick in the butt and will be removed from Bio Arcane so maybe it might be more beneficial to pick up Starks? The AS and life leech can cover for some of his squish. Also a good cheap alternative is an early Leviathan, which Kogs amazing ability to at least score multiple assists this could very well cover for his squish.

Rekirts

08-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticImp View Post
Try replacing Cleanse with Clarity/Ghost and skip archangels? The Magic Pen still benefits all of your abilities but AP got a swift kick in the butt and will be removed from Bio Arcane so maybe it might be more beneficial to pick up Starks? The AS and life leech can cover for some of his squish. Also a good cheap alternative is an early Leviathan, which Kogs amazing ability to at least score multiple assists this could very well cover for his squish.
Starks isn't a bad idea. Idk. It doesnt benefit any of his other moves other then W though. 20 armor reduction + 25 from new Q isn't a bad idea though.

Leviathan!!! Nice. I'll try it an see how it goes. Very cheap for its potensial benefits. Hmh.

Ugh, I reallly don't wanna run Clarity. But a different source for mana is nice too. We'll see. I'll be testing alot of different builds if this patch does in fact go live.