Olaf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naranth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2012

I was looking through my champs the other day, and remembered that I owned Olaf. Haven't seen him since he got the CC-break on his ult. How is he in jungle these days? In lane? I'm wanting to try him out.
Any build suggestions?

Spasum

02-11-2012

Olaf is still a good champion regardless. I like to build him as a Tanky-Dps. And he does fairly well as it. The items that i recommend using is:
-Frozen Mallet.
-Atmas Impaler
-Berserker Greaves/Merc treads (I usually go greaves anyway)
-Bloothrister
-Phantom Dancer.
Those are basically my CORE items as Olaf, and depending on the other team I either get whatever is neccessary.

Fallasion

02-11-2012

Olaf is currently my favorite jungler, he has great ganks in my opinion (I have a pretty good success rate with level 3 ganks). As a laner he is mediocre at best. The only way to play him really is a tanky dps, but definitely jungle if you choose to play him.

Isomodia

02-12-2012

He actually beats a lot of solotops because of his e. run hp regen quints and/or yellows and try it in a normal. It's surprising, really.

Build him tanky, though. Don't go the glass cannon build above or you're ruining his entire kit. He's an unstoppable killing machine after he hits about 200-225 farm if you're tanky.

Chogull

02-13-2012

Olaf is still super fast thru the jungle. Late game 5 item olaf is a complete monster. Building alot of HP on him to work with his passive is key. Atmogs or Fratmogs is highly recommended along with at least 1 item that gives him lifesteal. Wriggles is probably fine. 1 item with CDR or CDR/lvl glyphs is recommended to spam your true-damage strike.

His ganks just simply arent as good as alot of other junglers. He has a skillshot slow...the lack of a gap closer or hard cc is what hurts him most.
With this in mind it is best to pick Jungle Olaf when other people on your team do have hard CC. if your team has Ryze, Morgana, Lux etc.

i hope this helps.

TheGreatKraksby

02-13-2012

One of my pentakills was with Olaf, so yes he's still a beast. Solaf isn't that bad but I prefer him in the jangle.

Caletrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2012

I've never really tryed Olaf jungleing. I think he would be a lot better if you stuck him on the outer lanes.
I prefer bottom because after you get the black clever and vampire sceptic(I think that is what it's called) you can solo dragon. Focus on the minions dont hide on the bushes 60% of the time. You can build faster.

SleepyDeath

02-13-2012

olaf is an amazing solo top. at lvl 3 you should have 2 points in under tow and 1 in viscous strikes. then you can flip on viscous strikes, throw your ax, and get uber health regenerated. grab a wriggles because madreds magic damage gives you health regen when 'w' is active.

after that grab an atmongs and boots of your choice, then build any situational items that you might need. (i usually grab a banshees veil b.c i dont run mr runes)

also, with a good leash on red early in the jungle you can dragon insanely early, before people even ward it usually, its cewl