Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Jaykoboy Fanfic] Accepting the Exile

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Katarina

02-19-2012

Such an attempt wouldn't fail, so no, since that would end your thread. and we wouldn't want that, now would we?

I'll be reasonably social if I'm around Bel. So that would work as an alternative. Besides, who's the best person to show him around valoran, after all?

Jaykoboy

02-20-2012

How about double date with you, Hectare, Belth, and Shyvana? It might be a good influence on Hect...or a bad influence on Shyvana. Your choice.

Ask Katarina

02-20-2012

That works. I'm curious if you can write it being a good influence, that would be interesting to read.

Ryugi Kazamaru

02-20-2012

This next chapter should be good, assuming the animosity between Riven and Katarina I believe they would have pops up.

Meanwhile, Kaz is probably cursing how lucky Jayko is. Unrequited love is such a hard thing to deal wi--I mean, he'd smile and congratulate him on his date.

...While weeping silently in the cor--I mean smiling happily and being cheerful.

Ask Katarina

02-20-2012

There's no animosity. Don't you read my blog? Riven having a goal to kill Singed isn't against Noxian values.

The world's not quite so white and black.

Ryugi Kazamaru

02-20-2012

I think anyone wanting to kill Singed isn't against most sets of values.

Regardless, I'd think Riven effectively abandoning her post and her set of traditional Noxian values is something most in Noxus would despise. Her goal of "reforging that which she sees as broken", with what is broken being Noxus, would seem to indicate a threat to their way of life, if not standing out as insulting.

You seem to strike me as a traditional Noxian Lady Du Couteau, which is why I believe there would be a sort of hatred for Riven effectively turning her back on Noxus' strictest values and deserting her post in the military, certainly a treasonous offence, yes?

Also, I hope you won't mind if I had your father present Riven with her sword in my fic. Somehow, I found it to be surprisingly well-suited for my plot-specific needs.

Ask Katarina

02-20-2012

No.

The typical way of a meritocratic military is if your superior does something you find so revolting that the orders must be questioned, you kill him and take his place and run the operation of your own accord, to which the results of said operation will speak for themselves and demonstrate if you were in the right. Assuming Riven's many claims to be true, she is very much entitled to attempt to kill the indiviuual in question... which would be, in this case, Singed. Noxus does not officially sanction or condemn her operations. Her intentions will become clear if she makes any attempt to kill Singed or those supporting him.

This is the way of meritocracy. Of proving who is strong and fit for leadership. As was mentioned in the journal of justice regarding a similar incident with Darkwill and Redsteel, this is simply the Noxian way of things. All she is doing, assuming her goal is to eliminate Singed, is following Noxian tradition.

Ryugi Kazamaru

02-20-2012

Reminds me of the fictional "Klingons" in a way, simply with less shady deals and or assassinations.

I must admit, though, Lady Du Couteau, that you've certainly given me some insight into plot points for my own writings. While my portrayal of you may not be exactly what you would like or agree with at the moment, you've given me some reasons that your role in the grand scheme of things could very likely change.

Thank you for the discourse.

Jaykoboy

02-21-2012

Er...my thread became a political debate. How...what...I don't even...

WateryMind

02-21-2012

Bah. Both you and Ryugi make me want to right a LoL fanfiction. I hate you for it, because I tend to throw in original characters into my stories, and I don't wanna even attempt making a character that isn't 2D atm >.<