[Jaykoboy Fanfic] Accepting the Exile

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaykoboy

02-13-2012

Sorry, there will be a bit of a hiccup in my daily posting. I'm off of LoL for the next day or so, so I won't be able to lay it out in real-time. My apologies.

Jaykoboy

02-14-2012

Good news! I earned back SOME time on LoL, but only enough to write a piece of fanfiction. So, it may be a bit short...or even cut off mid-story. So I apologize for that. But anyways, on with the story!

Chapter Two, Day Three: Project X

As I woke up on Tuesday, I prepared for another long day. One as devoid as the last of attempting to ask out Riven. I still remember yesterday vivdly...which is odd, seeing as after the day was done, I spent the entire night in Singed's bar.

Quote:
The Day Before...

"Aw, c'mon, Jay. You really aren't going to show your best friend?"

I sighed heavily, turning to Hectare. "No. Bloody hell no. You have no skill in what I'm doing, and honestly, neither does Kaz, by self-admittance."

Kaz shrugged. "True dat. Can't hold a blowtorch, can't strum a piano..."

My face immediately met with my palm. "I've been playing piano for eighteen years...you don't strum it, unless it's horribly broken. You hit the keys."

Kax pointed at me. "See? Exactly what I mean!"

I yawned. "C'mon, it's even a bit early. Just because I told you I have a good idea to woo her, doesn't mean you have to come on over immediately."

Hectare looked around me, locking onto the clock I kep on the back of the room. "Hey, it's only six in the morning. And you were up first."

"Just barely. I was about to head out and grab some coffee before heading to the workshop. I've got a couple of people I'm meeting there soon, anyways, and they don't like to be kept waiting."

They both sighed depressedly. "Fine..."

"Still no." The door slammed shut on them as I started to get ready, putting on the cloak from my mother (Complete with improvements).
Washing my face, I slipped on the robes, freshly purged (One of my best spells after all that time in prison) and with the stiched-on lettering entirely gone now. Although I still wore the leather, just in case. You know, getting into a big bar fight, getting dragged into a long adventure past the end of the horizon, that sort of stuff.

I polished my glasses clean, went out for some breakfast, and as soon as I was done, I made my way back to the room. Sitting down at the desk with a pen and plenty of paper, I prepared to do some extensive writing. Nothing like poetry to sway a woman to like you.

Well, poetry and music, that is.

Quote:
The Day Before...

Making my way to the workshop, I saw two people standing there waiting. One was average height, average looks...well, besides his Commisar jacket. The other was short as a kid, with a massive mohawk. I smiled.

"Ah, Rumble! I knew you'd make it for me! And Belthazor...so you're the infamous Earth Representative?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I guess. Rumble was really enthusiastic to show me how engineering works on Runeterra."

The short Yordle nodded. "That's right! You ain't seen nothin' untill you've seen Runeterra Tech!"

I laughed slightly. Although I respected him, I never could help but laugh at Yordles, especially when they yelled. Grabbing hold of myself, to keep from falling over, I made my way into the workshop. I took a couple of deep breaths, steadying myself just enough to show them to my private workspace.

"Well, as you know, Rumble, I was raised in Piltover. My apologies, but that's the only place a human can learn Techmaturgy."

He grumbled slightly, but he didn't yell at me at least. "Anyways, I've been a musician for a long period of time, and there's some music I've been writing...but it doesn't even seem to work on Pentakill's instruments. It just couldn't get the right sounds out. So...I started working on this.

As I pulled off the cloth, both Belthazor and Rumble's eyes widened. Belthazor looked at me. "What is it? I've never seen anything like it!"

Rumble was slightly giddy. "Am I going to help you out with it? Looks...spectacular, for a long-leg piece of work!"

I smiled. "Yes, why yes you are."
I leaned my head on my hand, looking at the piece of paper. I had three pens at my disposal: One for writing, another for in case the first one failed, and a third for chewing on. Honestly, I must break that habit. Barely thirty minutes into my session, the end of it was resembling a tree that had been chewed down by beavers. Putting it down and grabbing my first writing pen, I began to work, quickly writing a few poems. They were pretty simple, at first, to get the brain flowing. I'd finally got some work in, though, when Hectare burst in, Kaz short on his tail.

"Hey! Where've you been? What's that you've got there?"

He grabbed the paper before I could stop him, reading it quickly. "'It might not be the right time, I may not be the right one, but there's something about us...' what is this? Seems pretty feeble, even for you."

I snatched it back. "It's a work in progress." I was lying, though; it was really the first full poem I'd finished all morning. I thought it had been fine, but he was a bit too honest to me.

He held out his hand. "C'mon, lemme have a second look. Maybe it's not as bad as I thought."

I reluctantly held it out to him, and he gave it a quick glance. "Actually not bad. Here, Kaz, take a look at it."

Kaz took it, and, much to our surprise, started singing it under his breath. It went simply like this:

It might not be the right time,
I might not be the right one.
But there's something about us, I want to say,
'cause there's something between us anyway.
I might not be the right one,
It might not be the right time.
But there's something about us, I've got to do.
Some kind of secret I will share with you.
I need you more than anything in my life.
I want you more than anything in my life.
I'll miss you more than anyone in my life.
I love you more than anyone in my life.

We both looked at him as he finished. "Really? Wow, nice voice, Kaz."

I shrugged. "Yeah, but he's got the tune off." I took the paper from him and lay it down. "So think I'm golden on that one?"

They both nodded. "Good. On to the next song, then."

Quote:
The Day Before...

Both Belthazor and Rumble looked at the device closely. "What the hell is this thing, anyways?"

I smiled proudly. "I call it the Runedisc, although that's not quite fitting." It was a Techmaturgical table, raised up to about where I could use it, with a variety of switches and dials on it. I guestured over to another cloth. "And over there are my modified instruments."

Belthazor took off the cloth, revealing a Techmaturgical bass, guitar, and piano, which was far smaller than it normally was. Also was a small pile of scraps. "The process is I play with those, and then I run it through the Runedisc, which then allows me to modify it even further. For example, I can do this..."

I walked over to the Techmaturge Piano, striking a quick chord on it. A chilling, electric note rang out, echoing softly. The Runedisc glowed slightly. "And then I can do this."

Pulling a few levers and hitting a few buttons, the Runedisc started to work. It started producing a full set of music from that simple chord, playing for an entire minute. I turned around, smiling. "What do you think?"

Rumble looked it over. "What do you need me for? It seems to be working fine."

I sighed and rubbed the back of my skull awkwardly. "There are a couple things I've been having problems with. First, I can't keep anything I make with it. It just gets played once, then I have to start from scratch. Second, no matter what I do, I can't make a drumset that is thin enough to still hold its style and produce the notes I'm looking for while still being able to take a hit."

Rumble walked over to the scraps. "You obviously know nothing about drums."

I nodded. "Agreed entirely. If it doesn't have any actual notes, I can't touch it."

He threw together a small model in mere moments, producing exactly what I wanted...at extremely small scale. As he hit the bass drum on it, I could practically hear all the dogs within miles react to it. Poor Nasus. "Think you can make it bigger?"

He smiled. "Of course."

Belthazor tapped me on the shoulder. "Well, what should I do?"

I thought for a moment. "Well...you could help me test out a couple of these instruments. It might be interesting to see what their limits are."

He smiled. "Challenge accepted." He grabbed a guitar, I approached the piano, and we just completely lost track of time and sanity.
Hours had passed since my friends had visited. Quickly bored with the life of a writer, they left within minutes, while I managed to pull together several sets of songs. Looking at the sheaf of music and words, I looked at the time. I still had three hours left to record them all. Time to call up Belthazor and Rumble and see what we could pull off.

Walking to the workshop, I was once against met by the pair. Once again, we greeted each other, and once again, we broke the once-firm laws of music.

And done! Thanks for reading! I'll see if I can post another chapter tomorrow night!

Ask Katarina

02-14-2012

No cameo for me with Bel?

hmm... What to do about this...

WexAndywn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-15-2012

Woah, I didn't even need to ASK!
On top of that, a double cameo. Kinda. With the bar, at least!
Thanks a bunch, and keep on keepin' on!

Wex.

Jaykoboy

02-15-2012

Katarina, I'll make sure to get you a Cameo with Bel. But you wouldn't fit well. You don't play any instruments that I'm aware of, and you're certainly not a poet that would be associated with my character. It would've been just a bit odd, awkward.

Ask Katarina

02-15-2012

For the record, Bel isn't fond of playing instruments either. But I would at least be around for it to watch, especially to show him around Runeterra.

Jaykoboy

02-15-2012

I thought he may not be so very fond...in fact, that's all I thought about through French. (And we all know how boring that class is when you have a substitute.)

Plus, the entire story, not once did I actually mention his being good at the bass. Never said he was bad, either. But it can't be hard to play simple stuff, just hold down the strings and play the same three notes in the same pattern. Does he at least have natural rhythm?

Ask Katarina

02-15-2012

He sings.

Heil Teemo

02-15-2012

I have you beat. Orianna can dance.

Jaykoboy

02-15-2012

I can't dance. I can sing well, but not consistently. You both have me beat.

BUT you're both worthless without a piano. Which I have.