Defending your jungle on Summoners Rift.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ADGarner

02-11-2012

Been thinking about this for awhile. Jungle invasion and jacking creeps back and forth is common on summoners rift. I know that when I jungle if I am missing a couple of camps it can snowball fast and the enemy jungle will feel emboldened and start looking to duel in the woods.

It seems like a simple matter to ward the jungle. But when I look at all the entrances to the jungle it gets me thinking.

1. Bot lane probably has dragon warded or river bush. This protects them from river ganks.
2. Middle lane needs to ward to protect from river ganks as well. Probably can place a ward near the entrance near wraiths.
3. Top lane needs to protect from river ganks and can probably ward the entrance to their jungle too.

Based on this style of warding it seems to me then that the jungler must provide a ward near the top lane entrance to their jungle to either protect their wraiths/wolves while also providing a safety for the mid lane.

This primarily seems to leave your blue buff most exposed.

Thoughts? I know there's jungler mobafire guides. I've seen maps and so on but it seems like the whole "who can ward what" for maximum efficiency seems to be a little lost out there in internet land.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lockpooh

02-11-2012

It's not about knowing their precise location at all times, it's knowing their general location. For example, I ward about all 4 of their entrances (Wraiths, Blue, river near mid, bushes near turret closest to red). If I see them come out near wraiths, I expect them to go mid / jungle. If our mid is hugging turret, I know they are going jungle / bottom. If my jungle is clear, I'd expect to see them go back into their jungle by a ward or go bottom. Logically, i know they are near but their only threat is to bottom who is pushed too far. They aren't going to turret dive mid (depending on class and stage in the game), i can care less if they want to waste time in my jungle that is empty so the only threat is to bottom. I can either cross over and take their top jungle or move bottom to assist and maybe face check bushes.

You do need to take into account, maybe he's warding your blue / red, know the timer if he wants to take your blue / red and whether he can solo dragon etc. But you get the idea. Just be aware of whats going on and you'll know whether to let him waste time doing nothing or whether you need to cut him off or be prepared to assist your team.