2-3 bot tactic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

onDuBz

09-07-2012

Am I just playing with bad players or is this some new tactic that is better than holding top? I love this game, but I hate being so reliant on my team.

/rage pants off

NamKim

09-07-2012

The meta is 4 top, 1 bot, while someone occasionally ganks bot.

But the meta is practically non-existent in low elo or they are meta-sheep. Now, am I saying you are a low elo player? No. Am I saying that matchmaking tends to do a poor job of actually getting people of equal skill levels together due to lack of players, sort of. Am I saying we should still try to enjoy ourselves and try to stay positive even though you want to kill yourself because of your teammates? Yes.

If there are too many people bot, say something like "we need some people top!!" If they still refuse to listen, try to stay positive and finish the game strong. It's hard, but I rather not have you do something that will get you suspended. Then find someone to queue with so you at least have one reliable teammate. The Dominate Dominion chat room has many people who would be happy to play with you.

DD Tootulz

09-07-2012

It really doesn't matter how many people are where. Dominion is more dynamic than everyone gives it credit for. The meta is 4 top 1 bot for the first fight over windmill, after that anything goes. For example when quest pops up, both teams should be putting more emphasis on that point, and that alone can alter the hold top 'meta'. Just have to adjust to what's happening.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2012

at lower lvl's thay often do 2-3 bot the thing is at those lvl 90% of the people are not skilled enough to hold bot with a 1 bot 4 top counter play.

i know this cuz i been smurfing for a few days last week

Kiddalee

09-07-2012

Sometimes an ally goes down to gank bot but fails to net a kill or cap, and then can't return to top quickly. If your bottom needs to go heal after a failed gank, the ganker may have to cover the lane. Or, if the enemy reacts quickly or counterganks, bot could become a 2v2; it's nice when your bot can hold a 1v2 but if he is the wrong champ for that or is poorly built, your ganker may unwillingly become a support until he can slip out. Both situations reveal the location of your ganker for too long. If he can't slip out before the enemy ganker can, 2v"2" bot can net a lost teamfight top.

It's not always bad, though. It depends on who your three remaining people are, too. Say bot stays 2v2 for a long time. If your 3-man team comp is better than their 3-man team comp, you're going to win out top until the enemy tries something different. In Dominion breaking the meta is a much better idea than on Summoner's Rift.

MyDeadGrandma

09-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD Tootulz View Post
It really doesn't matter how many people are where. Dominion is more dynamic than everyone gives it credit for. The meta is 4 top 1 bot for the first fight over windmill, after that anything goes. For example when quest pops up, both teams should be putting more emphasis on that point, and that alone can alter the hold top 'meta'. Just have to adjust to what's happening.
^
This

Calling it '4 top' doesn't really do the entire 20 minutes justice.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD Tootulz View Post
In fact, there are cases when defending top can be a losing move.

For instance, if the enemy goes 5 bot, you can be "correct" all you want--but defending Windmill is not the right response, whether that is the proper meta or not.

FDru

09-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynt View Post
In fact, there are cases when defending top can be a losing move.

For instance, if the enemy goes 5 bot, you can be "correct" all you want--but defending Windmill is not the right response, whether that is the proper meta or not.
Defending anything like you just described is always a bad idea. There's almost no time your team should be in one place for more than a few seconds (other than your bot laner). If you are going to defend a node, it should always be out of sight to keep the other team guessing... but for the most part, keep on the move and especially try to maintain jungle control.

MMKH

09-09-2012

In my experience, as soon as someone else goes bot trying to make it a 2v1, 2 more people will respond turning it into a 2v3. Fk flowchart.