Random in Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mad King Dryst

02-11-2012

So sometimes in ranked games people click random and insta-lock. I see somewhat of a problem with this. They end up with champs that don't have anything to do with the team that's already been picked, or champs they don't know how to play. It is very frustrating to see people use this feature in games that I hoped they would take seriously. This isn't Gunbound. They don't have a % chance to get some secret OP champ. They are just much more likely to lose, or they are trolling to begin with.

I didn't see much in the way of other threads about this on this board, but is there any support for a motion to disable the random champion selection feature in ranked champion select? I would vote super hard in favor of this. It's mega annoying.

Thanks.

Creationista

02-11-2012

Fun, I personally hate picking a champ I random most time, but i dont insta lock i make sure i can play the champ before i lock. it brings different team comps and weird play styles, now if their a bad player well then.... obvs i'd be against it. Now in ranked... i would assume the player would be good. But, well you know

The Nidalee

02-11-2012

Really depends on the situation. OBVIOUSLY random locking a bad champion that doesn't work with your team is just as bad as deliberately choosing that, but if the person can play the random champion, and it fits with the team, then why not?

Also disabling random wouldn't help much, it'd just make people who random lock troll auto select the crappiest champions they know. :P