Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nautilus Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Savage Bugle

02-10-2012

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

<3

Sympathized

Master Recruiter

02-10-2012

Seriously, just delete Vladamir off your database. Completely laughed when I heard "He was getting too much sustain in earlier into the game". I think he was referring to the old Vladimir multiple patches ago. Deeply regretted in my decision in buying the legendary skin for Vladimir after his slight buff. Waste of $15 down the drain due to Riot's sometimes illogical reasoning.

Thaisun

Recruiter

02-10-2012

It's funny. I had gone into a game as Shen a few days ago and had said I couldn't wait for the unannounced Shen buffs. The Sejuani called me crazy. WHO'S CRAZY NOW PIG LADY?!

SlappindaBass

02-10-2012

funny all the vlad players mad

FIX TWISTED TREELINE GODDAMIT

but i like how my fattest ninja got some love

Wonderbolts

02-10-2012

noob are rage downvoting, get good kids

darkjak

02-10-2012

Quote:
Mysterage:
TheTrueGMon, I've spent many games playing Soraka, sometimes in extremely bad situations (game crashed, only way to fix is totally restart comp, and come back in game @10 min mark, under farmed and weak) and push back an almost 4v5 win as her. So believe me when I say I know all of her weaknesses, strengths, and am aware of what strategies for her I don't use myself. Allow me to explain my ideas behind this:
To recover the mana used in a single level one Astral Blessing (that's that heal that is always saving your asses, all you non-Soraka players) you will need to use a level 4 Infuse on yourself. That is, choosing to not use it to recover a lane partner's mana, nor using it to harass an enemy by silencing them. It is also really hella fun. I nearly every video game I have played in the last 20+ years, I have always been delighted with an infinite sustain system. The fact that Soraka has one is about 90% of the fun I have while playing Soraka. But continuing on with the actual gameplay reasons, let's take a look at Starcall. A single level one Infuse is almost enough mana recovered to cover a level one Starcall. So, obviously from this simple distinction we see that it is not only more mana friendly to harass as Soraka, but easier as well, as Starcall has no targeting function beyond simply having to be close to an enemy. This is the only aspect of Soraka that is "too easy", but as it is should be kept just the way it is. Why? Because not every player is 17 years old, has reflexes like that of a jet pilot, or high on crank, so that they can see an enemy, in tenths of a second target it and spam abilities till they are melted. Soraka is a relaxing champion to play. She is fun. The mana infuse on herself included. Take away that, and the choice of using her to harass, or heal is removed. I would not think of seeing a single Soraka not choosing to harass like mad, and building just like every other AP Carry in the game. To answer about just getting mana items, yes I often do. It's not that she is mana starved normally, she is actually in a very good spot. (She was in a better spot before Riot ****ed with her previously, but that's a discussion for another day.) I will often on choosing her, select Starcall as my first ability, and use it to slowly harass at level one, and then most times get First Blood as her. Not because I am building her for AP, or not playing support, it just happens that way. I zone out my enemy, they get poked, and poked, and poked, until they finally fall over dead. Once I have established my dominance in my lane, and reminded most champions they don't want to be anywhere near my carry friend, I will sit back and babysit them. THIS is why the infinite mana is needed. As another support, Maokai, you can toss saplings until the cows come home (or Alistar), but you WILL run out of mana, period. So a champion like Maokai should build so that he will not be mana hungry. A nearly 100% support champion like Soraka though will need that mana regain almost constantly, for all of the roles a support is expected to perform. Heal herself, heal your lane partner, heal the entire enemy team, harass the enemy, silence the enemy, etc. I could go on and on. Perhaps you should spend a good amount of time playing her to see for yourself?

Oh, no I never said the other supports were not viable! I actually though very strongly dislike, and continue to, what Riot is doing to support chars. I hated the Alistar remake. I hated Taric's remake. (I suspect a lot of other players did, as well, as I don't see them at all in games.) I think they work fine at the jobs they have. Though they are not 100% support champions. A Taric can sit and throw down with an AD carry if they get in his face. As a Karma, you hope to god there are some allied minions nearby for you to whip latch onto so you can run away in that same situation! I believe strongly that instead of nerfing the popular supports, just because they are popular, Riot should instead ASK THE COMMUNITY what they want in a support champion, and then create that to fill the void. Rather than take and perform plastic surgery on what we have, until it is so mangled & ugly no one wants to touch their Frankenstein's monster creation.

Not true at all. I do not, nor have I ever owned Vlad, and I am voicing my strong opinion that he does not need nerfs. Some people on here cry "His sustain so good you can't move him from lane!" No my friend, that is your poor play. I'll camp happily in mid as Xerath as well, and you'll wish to god you only had a Vlad to deal with, as it will be easier to move a mountain than me. I may be an exception to many rules, but I spend an incredible amount of time trying to get feedback on champions from as many avenues as possible: these forums, the games I play, YouTube, other LoL sites and champion strats, etc. So yes, if I see that nerfs are unneeded for a champion that is already under played and seems perfectly fine I'll rise up to defend them, whether or not I own them, or play them at all.

No, not insulted at all! ^_^ I honestly appreciate your feedback, and am glad to hear your concerns.

bump

lickm3

02-10-2012

U are nerfing vlad what are u smoking ?

EergoProxxy

02-10-2012

Quote:
Morello:
No, we're nerfing them because they're the most powerful and others can't compete (with the explanations in the video). Them being powerful has lead to their popularity in this case.

i normally just bite my lip and shut up but I'm not gonna do it this time around. Even though players play them alot now. thats a good thing. cause you all at Riot cater way too much to all the A.D. players. Cause something you all at Riot should know already cause its your game is that caster, spell type champs only have there spells to really rely on. Once they cast there spell thats pretty much it. cause what do all A.D. champs have over A.P.
Is the auto attack plus the items they build. And AP/caster types only get there there spells and there auto attack is so low its almost no point in using it.And yes its there choice to play ap players but its its also riots fault for putting ap in the game in the first place.

Now im not hating on all the AD players cause its not there faults. Its all your faults at Riot for being like that. Cause i agree with everyone else. the way your going with champs and how you keep messing with so many. you might as well just take all the supports out of the game.

Finally sorry if i was being rude i honestly trying not to be but it had to be said

yahhzoo

02-10-2012

Shen buffs are awesome, but soon as Vladimir becomes a good balanced champion you nerf him?????? why?

Eglantier

02-10-2012

Quote:
Averyen Patriot:
Riot knows what they are doing dude, im sure you're just another punk kid trying to rage and make himself look cool. Just shut up please, and just think for a second of the reasons for why they are nerfing some supports? Ever thought that maybe they are trying to make the supports as a support class and less of an OP Mage class?

Two support nerfs ago they made support into stupid a mages.

You have no idea how annoying it is to play support in this game. Sona and soraka were finally to the point where the whole team wasn't cussing you out at champ select for picking them. Try selecting janna or karma and see the **** you'll get. Making Sona and namely soraka nerfs again really blows, and I think we're allowed to voice our dislike for this kind of **** here.