Almost lvl 30

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chudds

02-10-2012

I recently started reading the lol forums to try and get a grasp on how ranked will be once i hit lvl 30. I am 1 win away from hitting 30, but I am tentative about stepping into ranked matches. From what i have heard on the forums and friends is that the second you start ranked you are in elo hell and will have to suffer. Right now i am about even in win/losses in my none ranked games, winning a lot more recently to balance out my poor start when first starting the game.

Usually i go into the game saying i can play ad, support, jungle, or mid and take whatever is needed, but should i go into a ranked making sure i play a carry so that even if my team sucks i can carry it or should i continue being whatever is needed because I'm pretty sure i play all 4 better then any of my team mates.

Some advice would be nice before i try my hand at ranked. Thanks

Okro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2012

I can't answer the other questions because I am not level 30, but you do not have to play ranked when you are 30, so don't worry about playing your last game. It's not like you're locked in.

Eviolite Scyther

02-10-2012

Get a few hundred normals under your belt before you start seriously trying ranked, seems to be the general feeling I get from oldies.

Chudds

02-10-2012

I know it is not mandatory to play ranked, but i would like to see how high i can get my elo and where i stack compared to the rest of the lol community. My main question is whether or not i should go into the game very flexable with my roll, or make sure i get a carry character so i can still carry the team in case my teammates are bad.

Saiyushu

02-10-2012

Just say what you're best with, balancing the team is still more important though

Puck912

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2012

I say this for your sake- Do not start ranked games any where near immediately after you hit level 30. I suggest you become very good with AT LEAST one of every character type (Carry, support, AP mid...etc) . Also you will need a good runepage for each role you could be playing. To build up enough IP to get all those runes and to get enough experience playing you will probably need 400 or so regular wins I would think. Maybe less maybe more depending on previous MoBA experience. I started playing ranked at almost 600 reg wins and probably close to 2000 total games played factoring in practice games. Im extremely glad I waited too, i wouldve gotten stomped w/o my game experience and the number of rune pages Ive now purchased. Good luck!

TheStraggIer

02-10-2012

Master yourself, master the enemy - Lee Sin

Chudds

02-11-2012

@Puck912 really? I hit 30 last night and did ranked and was fairly successful. I am 2-1 right now and even in the game i lost i was 9-3-7 as the jungler. I appreciate the feedback and i think i'll just continue to play the role that is needed to help the team as much as possible.