Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Just smurfed, who wants to play blind pick!?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bierno

Recruiter

02-13-2012

and thats why all my friends that new to LoL all quit.. because of level 1-10 all so pro and warding and **** lol

I find there more noobs that are level 30 than under it..

neoshadowxxx

02-13-2012

I think a smurf is fine, if you are stuck in elo hell with no way out, might as well make a new acc and mess around there so you dont just get pissed and quit because of the tards in elo hell.

Hyosun

02-13-2012

When I first played dota and did terrible as mirana I certainly got facerolled and snuffed out by the likes of lion or got ambushed by a character who I didn't know was invisible. Did I quit? Nope. I had games where I did well and games where I got crushed.

Smurfs or not you're going to face players that are WAYY better than you all the time. If you can't handle that reality then you should quit because it's only going to get tougher. You think it's bad with just one pro warding try getting ganked by hyperactive shaco or facing 5 bruisers on a team late game or having an ad carry / support bot lane that completely zones you out from levels 1-7 onwards.

besides it's not like you're gonna go against a smurf every game. And what's to say the smurf isn't on your team and carries you?

garathk

02-13-2012

It really depends on the smurf. I started playing in December and most of the smurfs I've played with from level 1-10 were certainly better than the new people but didn't rage and act like a tool about the fact that most players were learning everything from the champion they picked to the metagame.

There were of course exceptions to this but they're easy enough to ignore.

Some were even helpful, offering item build suggestions, taking a leadership role on the team and giving some guidance to the overall game.

However I'm finding the mid-teens to low 20s is filled with raging smurfs and are far less enjoyable to play with. Sure, I have 100+ games under my belt and I've watched more than a few pro streams but I'm hardly an expert at every facet of the game and the raging smurfs that expect 1800+ elo performance out of everyone in their teens playing normal blind pick are just lunatics.

Replika

02-13-2012

I play my smurf for the lols...usually only to match up with my lowbie friends so i'm not the only lvl 30 with full runes and such. I would rather suffer a gimp (i play with no runes or masteries) playing with a lowbie friend than ruin the fun for the noobs.

Sad part is that bad noobs are bad noobs...if you tower dive me you die, you chase you die ect. I have much more tolerance for team baddies aswell since im prepared to carry coming into the game.