What would you change about the jungle golems?

Golems should have their flat reward increased to encourage killing them frequently. 14 40.00%
Golems should have their bank cap increased to make killing them infrequently more worthwhile. 6 17.14%
Golems should stay the same because bot lane benefits from them sufficiently. 6 17.14%
Golems should stay the same because jungler benefit from them sufficiently 6 17.14%
Golems should have their reward lessened. 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Jungle Pathing -- Are Golems Worth It?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DJ Radix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2012

I'm finding that with several junglers, it really just isn't worth my time to go all the way down to the golems. They don't give much of a reward, they take longer to kill than wraiths/wolves, and they do a significant amount of damage at early levels.

Is anyone else skipping these?

Example, with Mundo I generally go:

Wolves -> Blue -> Wraiths -> Red -> Wolves -> Wraiths

Or alternatively:

Wolves -> Blue -> Red

Or:

Wraiths -> Red

There just aren't a lot of good reasons to go down there, waste a bunch of health, and position myself far from most ganking opportunities. The position from Wolves sets me up to gank Mid or trek up to Top (assuming left side start). The position from the Wraiths sets me up to gank Mid or to trek down Bot. The position from Golems leaves me only the option of ganking bottom. It's just a bad position.

The golems tend to sit around untouched for awhile. So opinions (will post a poll):

Should Golems have their flat reward increased (to make clearing them frequently more worthwhile)?
Should Golems have their banking cap increased (to make killing them at all more worthwhile, if infrequently)?
Should Golems stay the same, since Bot lane benefits from them?
Should Golems stay the same, since OP is wrong about most junglers passing them up?
Should Golems get their reward nerfed? (need to be open to all opinions)

Post your thoughts, please. I really am barely touching Golems as the jungler anymore.

Another possibility that isn't in the poll but could be discussed, what about increasing the spawn time on golems, but having it grant a new buff?

DJ Radix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2012

Poll is up

Tyrang

02-10-2012

Golem is ok? Bot lane benefits from it is one thing. Also, Say it the golem lane is not doing good, You can camp that lane and do golem in between when you are waiting for opportunity.

They dont take that long neither, your smite is up more frequently than the buffs and the chance for dragon/baron anyways.

DJ Radix

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrang View Post
Golem is ok? Bot lane benefits from it is one thing. Also, Say it the golem lane is not doing good, You can camp that lane and do golem in between when you are waiting for opportunity.

They dont take that long neither, your smite is up more frequently than the buffs and the chance for dragon/baron anyways.
I guess that's my issue with it? It's so *tied* to that lane.

That's another issue btw. It really makes the difference between starting on left or right even more noticeable. Bot lane can kill golems with a leash and a damage dealer, basically unharmed. Top lane can't--they have to tank the damage while they wail on it. So the side who starts on the right is, with optimal play, already at a disadvantage. Or they have to pick a champion who can solo golems at level 1 without killing their HP bar in the process. And even then you have an unbalanced top versus an unbalanced bot.

DJ Radix

02-10-2012

Another possibility that isn't in the poll but could be discussed, what about increasing the spawn time on golems, but having it grant a new buff?

Lutzj

02-10-2012

They should reward significantly more gold and spawn at 1:50 or 1:55 so that bot can't get that early boost as easily