Karma better AP than Orianna

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PlugginUrMom

02-10-2012

So Ori is my favorite champ, but let's be honest her damage is rather low and mana cost so high it's either farm or harass with moves and then wait for your whole combo QRWE + D/F (ignite) (this means like almost full mana at lvl 6) to even think about getting a kill. She is solid in team fights with WER, but not great. Now Karma on the other hands is a better farmer, her moves hit harder, her mana costs are less worrisome and she can take people out of lane or get kills with her combos with AP. Oh and that Karma shield actually absorbs tons of dmg. Basically what I'm saying is Karma is a better AP carry the Ori and also better support and yet I hear Karma buffs incoming and Orianna neglected once again.. I am sad, Karma makes me happy but I want to Sewn Chaos.

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2012

Don't forget Ori's passive gives her some extra dmg in there as well as making last hitting easier. Ori also has much better range.

I'm not sure what Karma buffs they would give. They tag her as support, but shes best played as an AP carry pretty much...I'd love to see her move to more of an actual support character. Maybe add 1 to the standard 5 that are considered support...

Right now the problems with Ori are her mana cost and shes pretty much all skill shots...Or rather one skill shot that if you miss, you will do zero dmg and cost your team a fight. Conversely, a perfectly landed one and ult will probably win your team a fight. Shes very inconsistent. I'd love to see Ori get some love. Shes probably my second favorite champ behind Sona, but I have a hard time picking her in any competitive game.

LemonFury

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2012

Yeah, I made this thread months ago and I got super flamed. Karma is simply more reliable. You can count on her damage being enough and her ability to find strength in protection is invaluable. Laning with a gap-closer gives you amazing harass, and the shieldburst allows gap-closers to not only harass but be shielded from all the damage thrown at them while retreating.

And to the above post, I disagree about range. Yes, Ori has more actual range, but Karma's shieldburst allows her to damage all enemies in a large radius around her target, roughly equal to its cast range. So you can utilize double her range if played correctly. If the enemy is farming (which they undoubtedly will) a shieldburst on a minion can be done from far away in a bush, and still damage your target.

epiccog

02-11-2012

yeah so i love karma have been playing her for awhile now. sorry but she is no AP carry.yeah her damage is good but nothing on the same level as a real AP IMO. she is an amazing support. she heal and shield are amazing. plus run speed / slow. if you play with people that knwo how karma support works and thing she is a beast. and while healing you are doing aoe damage. its awesome. it would be nice to see some buffs that make her a support that fits into the current meta a bit more. you know the whole 0 CS type thing.

PlugginUrMom

02-12-2012

Neither of these champions are generally a good pick as AP carry, my point in making the post is only that Orianna's AP carry potential is less consistent than that of Karma (an underused support AP) and that in my opinion that is a problem for her role in this game. I really like Orianna's passive, its nice to pick up kills with a few autos after you hit your QRWE combo. My real problem is the difficulty in hitting this combo (Ball Speed) and the mana costs associated with it.

stàr

03-02-2012

so your saying that you cant manage the mana costs? because when I play ori with mana regen per lvl yellows I never go oom or very rarely do, I usually just get a chalice wich gives me free mr and with the e passive and my runes suddenly I have a lot of mr, and I can harras very often and eventually kill the enemy ap or make b unless his someone like vlad... and unlike karma, orianna is amasing in team fights and her passive does huge damage.

WilllShakespeare

03-02-2012

Honestly, Karma, in my opinion, is one of the most underrated champions right now. I'm learning to support with her right now and she is just amazing. I think Karma is fine the way she is, people just don't know how to play her well (I'm not saying I play her well but I've been getting compliments here and there). Just get a item that gives good mana, and then just build some ap and support/tanky items and you're set.

As for Orianna... I can't really say anything about her. Only played her once during a free week. I've seen her do good damage mid-late game.