Are you for or against calling Kill Steal?

Yea 21 27.27%
Nay 56 72.73%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Kill Secured

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

X Disciple X

02-10-2012

For the record I would just like to say that I would rather go 0-0-16 and win than have 11-7-2 and lose. Disagree if you would like, but my point is I would rather have a bunch of assists with no kill and no deaths than have fed the other team and spend precious time dead.

My point is that people think if they don't have lots and lots of kills that they are doing horrible. Not true(however kills are nice ) people who solidly contribute in team fights and have no deaths are WAAAAAY more valuable in my eyes than someone who has a 50% kdr.

So please I think I speak for the vast majority of LOL players when I say that calling a kill steal is 100% noobish and selfish. you don't see it hardly at all when playing with good players because they realize that even if they did not get the kill, THE ENEMY STILL DIED, and hey, they just got gold for an assist, and it helps the team.

I hope this might persuade you from calling kill steal, and instead call kill secured.

please poll if you are for or against Kill Steals

ICE Pain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2012

Kill steals is just a term that some trolls made. No matter where you go, if you do something right or wrong, Some person will think it's horrible. There will always be that one person who won't know the difference between a team and a solo man. IMO, If I see some kid say " You Ks'r" "KS *****!"

However; If there is a support who last hits on purpose, Stealing from the Carry. That should be considered BM(Bad Mannered). However, Even with the support taking the kill, That still means you get gold and an assist. IMO, If you have less than 7 deaths and more than 10 assists, Your OK in my book.

Let the trolls be trolls, Don't feed the trolls energy drinks.

X Disciple X

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayCauseBadPain View Post
Kill steals is just a term that some trolls made. No matter where you go, if you do something right or wrong, Some person will think it's horrible. There will always be that one person who won't know the difference between a team and a solo man. IMO, If I see some kid say " You Ks'r" "KS *****!"

However; If there is a support who last hits on purpose, Stealing from the Carry. That should be considered BM(Bad Mannered). However, Even with the support taking the kill, That still means you get gold and an assist. IMO, If you have less than 7 deaths and more than 10 assists, Your OK in my book.

Let the trolls be trolls, Don't feed the trolls energy drinks.
Well said, I agree

Sorry I no GanK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-10-2012

I think that if the person getting killed is literally on no health and you have not contributed at all to the fight unless the team mate is low on health and cant ensure the kill, you should just leave it unless you know you can do more with the kill than him. But yes i fully support kill securing unless its a troll purposely last hitting as a support etc, i dont mind going 1-1-13 and then winning than going 14-9-5 and losing for example... derp it sounds like im copying pretty much what the OP wrote but i completely agree with kill securing and I really don't like the people that call KS!! all game long

Stilgar85

02-10-2012

Most of the time, I don't think its kills stealing and happy that the kill was made. I have seen a couple of times where the guy literally does nothing other than come to last hit and then does nothing. But that is just trolling at that point.

Soundchaos

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00g000 View Post
I think that if the person getting killed is literally on no health and you have not contributed at all to the fight unless the team mate is low on health and cant ensure the kill, you should just leave it unless you know you can do more with the kill than him.
Kill + Assist gold > Kill gold

Anything that increases the gold differential is a good thing.

klizita

02-10-2012

Just a note: The phrasing of your poll question is confusing. Neither of the options for answers apply to the question.

X Disciple X

02-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by klizita View Post
Just a note: The phrasing of your poll question is confusing. Neither of the options for answers apply to the question.
Sorry,

For calling kill steal=yea

against calling kill steal=Nay

jurast

02-11-2012

As long as i did not obviously have the kill alrdy secured, i have no problem with someone coming in and taking it, as long as they end up dead idc how it happens.

TheGoatBoyy

02-11-2012

I can't stand it when people blatantly KS when they are a hero that doesn't need the farm. I jungle a lot and if I'm lucky enough to get Skarner I'll run circles around someone I gank spamming Q for slow to make sure the AD carry or AP mid gets the the killing blow if at all possible. When the support Soraka comes in and infuses/starfalls them to death, i get a little bit heated.