Take the Tryndamere ranked challenge!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FABIOForever

02-04-2012

So after noticing that Tryndamere has become less frequently banned in ranked (maybe half the time or less now), I've decided to start my little project.

The Tryndamere challenge: play Tryndamere exclusively in solo ranked games for a couple weeks and see where it takes your rating.

So far I've won every game and have climbed close to 100 points. I am hardly a hardcore Tryndamere player. I use a simple generic dps rune page (mostly armor pen), hell I don't even have all tier 3 tunes (despite having played 3000 games, spend all IP on champs). Cleanse + summoner spell of your choice seems to be the way to go.

I'm wondering how this can affect other players, so I propose the community wide Tryndamere challenge.

1. Announce that you have taken up the Tryndamere challenge!
2. List your ranked rating as of the start of the challenge.
3. Post your win/loss results from every game where you played Tryndamere.

Now, I hardly ever play ranked. At the start of the season a friend invited to play some ranked with him. I had no idea that duo used the same rating as solo and figured "Sure, who cares about our group rating?". This friend is fun to play with but he is pretty bad! Imagine my shock when after the 5 losses for placement games that my solo rating was now 900! I tried clawing my way back up, playing several games in a row as Volibear where I was MVP going about 11-3 each game, but this was still not enough to carry my team with blanket 0-8 scores. I was officially trapped in ELO hell, something I thought was a myth before this.

Thus the inspiration for the Tryndamere challenge was born. This will give me a chance to see how he performs at all rating levels as I move up from 900.

Current W/L record @ 900-1000:

4-1

1000-1100:

1-0

Who else will take the Tryndamere challenge?

A Small Neko

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FABIOForever View Post
So after noticing that Tryndamere has become less frequently banned in ranked (maybe half the time or less now), I've decided to start my little project.

The Tryndamere challenge: play Tryndamere exclusively in solo ranked games for a couple weeks and see where it takes your rating.

So far I've won every game and have climbed close to 100 points. I am hardly a hardcore Tryndamere player. I use a simple generic dps rune page (mostly armor pen), hell I don't even have all tier 3 tunes (despite having played 3000 games, spend all IP on champs). Cleanse + summoner spell of your choice seems to be the way to go.

I'm wondering how this can affect other players, so I propose the community wide Tryndamere challenge.

1. Announce that you have taken up the Tryndamere challenge!
2. List your ranked rating as of the start of the challenge.
3. Post your win/loss results from every game where you played Tryndamere.

Now, I hardly ever play ranked. At the start of the season a friend invited to play some ranked with him. I had no idea that duo used the same rating as solo and figured "Sure, who cares about our group rating?". This friend is fun to play with but he is pretty bad! Imagine my shock when after the 5 losses for placement games that my solo rating was now 900! I tried clawing my way back up, playing several games in a row as Volibear where I was MVP going about 11-3 each game, but this was still not enough to carry my team with blanket 0-8 scores. I was officially trapped in ELO hell, something I thought was a myth before this.

Thus the inspiration for the Tryndamere challenge was born. This will give me a chance to see how he performs at all rating levels as I move up from 900.

Current W/L record:

3-0

Who else will take the Tryndamere challenge?

I'd try this but @ 1800 elo I don't feel comfortable playing a hero I barely have played before, and I'd feel bad for losing games for others, but I'll bump your thread because this is an interesting idea.

Good luck on future endeavours.

FABIOForever

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathetÓc View Post
I'd try this but @ 1800 elo I don't feel comfortable playing a hero I barely have played before, and I'd feel bad for losing games for others, but I'll bump your thread because this is an interesting idea.

Good luck on future endeavours.
Thank you! This was not started as an e-peen bragging thread, but as a serious look at what Tryndamere can do at various rating levels. I want to see how far up you can go before he hits "the wall" that many people say exists for him at higher levels.

MaximumOverload

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

meh, I'll try it.

FABIOForever

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumOverload View Post
meh, I'll try it.

meh, thank you!

TracyPlsNoticeMe

02-05-2012

ill try it i have nothing to lose at 600 elo

FABIOForever

02-10-2012

This has run into some snags lately. Tryndamere got banned a bunch of times, another game was decided when 2 people on one team had their game freeze right at the game-deciding fight, and another had a troll Kennen going triple warmogs. I counted the troll game but not the game freeze, in the interest of science.

So far the biggest challenge to winning as pub game Tryndamere is convincing the rest of your team not to take huge risks and just outlast the enemy to the 25 minute mark; don't initiate 4on5 when you're off farming a lane, etc. This is much much harder than you'd think as Teemo constantly face checks bushes when the entire enemy team is mia and gets vaporized for the 5th time.